Keeping up with the boy and then some.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RCveteran
Approved Member

Re: Keeping up with the boy and then some.

Post by RCveteran »

I've been running my rere CVA's and have not popped one yet, they are close. Build them and see how they fit. Alternatively you can move the blue spacer to inside the hub which moves them into outdrive further. Or you can use Associated #9911 which are B44.2 CVA bones with the kit axles. These are a couple millimeters longer and achieve the same thing.

Maybe I am lucky but I have hours of runtime on my rere on track and have not popped one so I would not hold up your build over any of this.

Also I have built some gearboxes with the rere parts and had some that were fine. Don't panic, yours may be fine. Again build it and see.

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

RCveteran wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 pm I've been running my rere CVA's and have not popped one yet, they are close. Build them and see how they fit. Alternatively you can move the blue spacer to inside the hub which moves them into outdrive further. Or you can use Associated #9911 which are B44.2 CVA bones with the kit axles. These are a couple millimeters longer and achieve the same thing.

Maybe I am lucky but I have hours of runtime on my rere on track and have not popped one so I would not hold up your build over any of this.

Also I have built some gearboxes with the rere parts and had some that were fine. Don't panic, yours may be fine. Again build it and see.

Thank you!!!! You have all been super helpful. This is awesome. So grateful this site is available.

Ucsdmutt
Approved Member

Post by Ucsdmutt »

My dog bone popped out and chipped the cup. I moved the blue spacers inside and it runs good until I can get the longer bone, which is not currently available anywhere...

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

I don't know but I would say that relocating the blue spacer IS a permanent fix. I can't do that with mine because they are 1/4" axle CV's and don't accommodate a spacer. Anyway, I also went shopping for the elusive 9911 bone and came up empty handed. I wonder if with Christmas around the corner, manufacturers and retailers are focused on producing and stocking kits and rtr and not parts. I reckon they could see parts as dead inventory at this time of the year (what kid wants a dog bone in his Christmas stocking) and don't want to leave them on the shelf to be taxed and carried over to the next fiscal year.
Doug

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

I was attributing the low inventory to the waves of re-production models. I’m sure ther is a ratio that Associated uses with ordering parts to car kits. Once the kits are gone they are gone and they know they will all sell. Of course they don’t want to sit on product. However. You can guarantee they make good money on parts. Hopefully they monitor the amount of traffic to the parts department and the enter you email for out of stock items. As consumers all we can do is make noise and hope they hear us!!!! So any one out there listening??? Maybe they could go to minimum orders. Not that I want a 1000 dog bones but if I had to buy 6 at a time and they worked correctly It may be worth the availability. Many of us have multiple units. Then as the market gets saturated we can ship them to each other. When they are all gone then the cycle begins again!!!! LOL.

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

Do you have any local hobby stores near you? Im going to mine next weekend and could check for you.

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

I have three, One is only Traxxas really and the other two don’t stock any old parts like that. Internet kills that for them. It is hard out there anymore for these guys. Enjoy it while it lasts boys. I love this hobby but the reality is more and more shops close down and in my area we have one track left. (Its an hour away). Pretty sure they are not staying open because its a gold mind.

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

Ok i will check my store its owned by an Associated team driver so he has tons of Associated parts.

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

That’s way cool! Let us know

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

Ok wont be until next weekend though

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

RCveteran wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 pm I've been running my rere CVA's and have not popped one yet, they are close. Build them and see how they fit. Alternatively you can move the blue spacer to inside the hub which moves them into outdrive further. Or you can use Associated #9911 which are B44.2 CVA bones with the kit axles. These are a couple millimeters longer and achieve the same thing.

Any idea if the #9677 CVA will work?

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

I cannot personally say I have tried.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

I donno Brad, they may be about 1/4" too long. 9677 are B4 and I just check my B4's bones against the RC10's and they are 2.5 vs 2.25 pin to pin. Perhaps one can swap hub carriers to something that will set the axles wider and compensate for the added length.
Doug

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

I think I'm straight now. Was on the phone with Associated and they put me in the right direction. Also checked with them on my theory. The more people that fill the email box on there site for parts that are out of stock dictates quantities and timeframe of restocking. So I encourage everyone looking for parts to go to the site and put your email in every box that counsides with the parts your looking for. This shows them how much interest there is for the “out of stock” items. The more requested clicks the sooner they order more to be manufactured. So go! Go now! Fill the forms! Get the parts!!!

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Done and done.
Doug