Project Vonats '91 Worlds RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brandon G
Approved Member

Re: Project runner

Post by Brandon G »

I am using the stock inner hinge pin mounts, un-modded chassis, dynotech arms, RPM RC10GT rear hubs, and B4 CVD's. B4 wheels clear everything just fine. I will probably go with the Losi rear hubs since the RPM hubs have zero toe in. (Mark pointed that out to me last weekend). CVD's have zero bind at all travel points. The front axles are the GT wide versions, and I will probably swap those out with the standard axles. Just seems a little too wide right now...

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Re: Project runner

Post by Asso_man! »

bngiles wrote: The front axles are the GT wide versions, and I will probably swap those out with the standard axles. Just seems a little too wide right now...
yep, that is what mislead me, looking at your pics, I thought that the rear end was narrower than the front one, it' was actually the opposite :D

vintage AE
Approved Member

Re: Project Vonats '91 Worlds RC10

Post by vintage AE »

i love these builds. yours turned out really nice. Like the others, I like the brace. I also like the detail like the gold nuts matching the paint. Most of us with these build have ended up with the losi rear hubs, I imagine you will too in the end.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i just took notice you started on this car over a year ago. what made you decide on running the losi you used last year over this one? couldn't get it done time?

EDIT: nevermind. i see you probably edited the title to reflect that it's your nats car. i'm guessing it didn't start out like that.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

:shock: Man, that's one sweet car, It almost makes me want to get an RC10 for the VONATs, almost... :lol:

It looks like we're gonna have some very competitive racing from the get go this year.

Last year it started nice and light, and by the end, it got very competitive, but still fun.

This year looks like it's gonna be very competitive and even more fun. :mrgreen:

Just look at that car, if that doesn't scream "GO FOR GOLD" I don't know what does. :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

scr8p wrote:i just took notice you started on this car over a year ago. what made you decide on running the losi you used last year over this one? couldn't get it done time?

EDIT: nevermind. i see you probably edited the title to reflect that it's your nats car. i'm guessing it didn't start out like that.
I planned on bringing both cars last year and racing the best of the 2. I had to spend 1/2 of the Friday before the race at the track just getting the Pro in running status.... Too many things to do and not enough time... :)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Brandon G wrote:Too many things to do and not enough time... :)
ya... tell me about it. like last year, i don't think i'm gonna be there until saturday morning. so once again, i'm sure my stuff won't be up to it's full potential. and this year, it'll be 2 classes, not just the one.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Well, I took her down to Thunder RC raceway last Friday to see how it would do. Gotta tell you, for just finishing it and plopping it down on the track, it did very well right off the bat as far as setup went. A few little tweaks to ride height and slipper and all was really good. I ran against 2 b4's and an RC10 team car, and TQ'd but had a few brain farts in the main and ended up 3rd. The Team car came in second by the way.

The car has a little push on power coming out of the turns, but other than that, does everything very well. I am stoked! I've got 30wt oil all the way around, but will probably go with 40 in the rear. It was a little soft for my liking. Probably help with the understeer a little too.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Wowzers, glad I'm not planning to run in the buggy class this year. That looks killer! Very nice job.

lmwong
Approved Member

Post by lmwong »

Brandon G wrote:

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but what's old is new again, right? What rear bulkhead is being used in this setup? I noticed the use of the rc10t rear shock tower too, hard to find nowadays. Thank

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

That would be a RPM RC10T bulkhead that has been dyed black.