RC10DS - Lamborghini Gallardo

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Re: RC10DS Lamborghini Gallardo

Post by LoboNYC »

1968 wrote: Who makes the miniature jack stands?
RC4WD had them first

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-s0588.htm

and now Yeah Racing has them

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/yea-ya-0374.htm

n20capri
Approved Member

Post by n20capri »

Man that's perfect!! Nice work!!

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

n20capri wrote:Man that's perfect!! Nice work!!

Approved Member

Post by 1968 »

Thanks for the info.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

1968 wrote:Thanks for the info.
No problem, the Jackstands are on the pricey side.

When I first got them they were in the $12 range and I thought they were pricey back then but now they are out of control.

Now I use old tires to keep my cars lifted in order to prevent flat spots on the rubber.

Approved Member

Post by 1968 »

LoboNYC wrote:
1968 wrote:Thanks for the info.
No problem, the Jackstands are on the pricey side.

When I first got them they were in the $12 range and I thought they were pricey back then but now they are out of control.

Now I use old tires to keep my cars lifted in order to prevent flat spots on the rubber.

Do you have them mounted to wheels and bolted to the car or do you have them under the pan?

PrincessShandi82

Post by PrincessShandi82 »

LoboNYC wrote:Here are a few shots for those who have questions on the parts used for this car

I used the wide 12mm rear clamping hex from the SC10 part 9892 to accommodate the 12mm hex wheels
I also used a tiny piece of purple fuel tubing to cushion the dog-bones and keep them from rattling

The axle cups were polished to compliment the blue dog-bones

The front axle hubs were replaced with those of an SC10 in order to use the 12mm hex wheels upfront

Lastly i used a zero maintenance MIP ball bearing steering setup for smooth steering

No spur gear, motor, ESC or receiver are on the car.
Hi, I've been trying to figure out a way to modify and update the suspension on my RC10DS due to the dwindling supply of parts. Especially in the area of wheels and tires. I was pointed in your direction but I guess due to the age of the posts the pictures are no longer there. But like I said I was reading what you did to use a certain type of wheel and tire combo. But I myself was wondering if the SC10RS 2WD front steering, caster blocks, bearings and axels along with the rear hub carriers and bearings would fit the RC10DS? (Refer to link #1) Or if the RC10SC5M rear hub carriers would fit? (Refer to link #2) Also in the area of Universal Drive Shafts, I was wondering if there was a fix to this as well? I've been looking through MIP and other after market parts makers but haven't found a fix for this seeing the length of the universals. I have also been looking at the Tamiya after market CVD's for the M Chassis (Similar to the MIP CVD's) but have not been able to find anyone with clear knowledge of them or if they can be joined to the MIP Shafts (Refer to link #3). So please any and all input and Idea's are welcomed. And if anyone has done any of these, pictures would be extremely helpful, Thank You.

#1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-1-10-SC10-RS-2WD-STEERING-CASTER-BLOCKS-AXLES-HUB-CARRIER-BEARING-NUT-/371106617828?hash=item5667ad99e4:g:hUkAAOxycmBSzuR~
#2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ASSOCIATED-RC10SC5M-SC5M-Hub-Carriers-Rear-ASC91414-B5-B5M-T5M-TEAM-AS20-/131578123585?hash=item1ea2aad541:g:EGQAAOSwMmBVzOZd
#3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racing-7075-Alum-Universal-Steel-Shaft-Swing-30mm-Tamiya-M05-TAMC-008BU-/141570510312?hash=item20f6428de8:g:nZkAAOSwpDdU2WyG

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

PrincessShandi82 wrote:
Hi, I've been trying to figure out a way to modify and update the suspension on my RC10DS due to the dwindling supply of parts. Especially in the area of wheels and tires. I was pointed in your direction but I guess due to the age of the posts the pictures are no longer there. But like I said I was reading what you did to use a certain type of wheel and tire combo. But I myself was wondering if the SC10RS 2WD front steering, caster blocks, bearings and axels along with the rear hub carriers and bearings would fit the RC10DS? (Refer to link #1) Or if the RC10SC5M rear hub carriers would fit? (Refer to link #2) Also in the area of Universal Drive Shafts, I was wondering if there was a fix to this as well? I've been looking through MIP and other after market parts makers but haven't found a fix for this seeing the length of the universals. I have also been looking at the Tamiya after market CVD's for the M Chassis (Similar to the MIP CVD's) but have not been able to find anyone with clear knowledge of them or if they can be joined to the MIP Shafts (Refer to link #3). So please any and all input and Idea's are welcomed. And if anyone has done any of these, pictures would be extremely helpful, Thank You.

#1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-1-10-SC10-RS-2WD-STEERING-CASTER-BLOCKS-AXLES-HUB-CARRIER-BEARING-NUT-/371106617828?hash=item5667ad99e4:g:hUkAAOxycmBSzuR~
#2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ASSOCIATED-RC10SC5M-SC5M-Hub-Carriers-Rear-ASC91414-B5-B5M-T5M-TEAM-AS20-/131578123585?hash=item1ea2aad541:g:EGQAAOSwMmBVzOZd
#3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racing-7075-Alum-Universal-Steel-Shaft-Swing-30mm-Tamiya-M05-TAMC-008BU-/141570510312?hash=item20f6428de8:g:nZkAAOSwpDdU2WyG
Hi,

The SC10 setup in your link #1 is perfect. it's what i currently use to convert the DS to modern 12mm hex wheels and rubber. You'll need to enlarge the hinge-pin hole. The DS hinge-pin is slightly thicker in diameter than the hole on the sc10 hub . enlarge a little at a time till the hinge-pinit fits perfect and not loose. I never use the sc10 rear hub carriers but you can if you enlarge the hole as well.

As for your universal issue...ive never tried anything other than the MIP CVDs or Associated CVDs. I sometimes use the GPM dogbones and just polish up the stock cups.

As for the Yeah racing universals, i have no clue if they would work on the DS but i tell you what im going to do...i like to experiment and see what parts are out there that will help extend the life of a DS so i just ordered a set of those universals from a local vendor rather than overseas (its faster). once they arrive, i will check if works with the DS and i will then let you know.

all that's required is your patience. :wink:

PrincessShandi82

Thank You soooo much, I'm glad some of my idea's will work. Now it just comes down to ordering the parts and doing the work. I also just remembered I have to buy an all new set of tools, allen wrenches, nut drivers... In other words the works. When my cars were stolen so were my tools including power supplies, Chargers, Com lathes, Oils, Grease, Everything! And it doesn't help that my son is autistic and he's been thrown out of sorts with them all being stolen. He might not even recover until I find a way to replace them all. And for his level of Autisum he was a real good mechanic and driver. But thanks again and let me know how those CVD's do and I will look for some of the MIP's. I think I might order Wade one of the 4WD Sedan Chassis in the mean time. I found a 71 Pontiac Firebird Body made by PROTOform tonight while he was cruising the internet with me and he got all excited when he saw it. (As you can tell my son is my pride and joy and I would do anything for him.) But again than you so much and I will most likely be posting more questions, thoughts and ideas as they come. The older chassis are still my favorites.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

No Problem and good luck with your parts search.

don't forget to post your build projects so others can see progress.

Also I received the Yeah Racing CVD's.

Will it work on a DS? answer: NO. The axle shaft is slightly larger in diameter than the bearings. if you managed to somehow get it past the bearing(via sanding), it still wouldn't work because the placement of the axle pin hole is right on the axle hub. more clearance is needed.

Hope that helps.

PrincessShandi82

LoboNYC wrote:
sandkil wrote:Such a nice build!
I like the black and gold mix that runs through with the logos, shocks and nose brace tubes.
Thanks Sandkil. it gives it an RC10 heritage feel to it. By the way, the arms and universals in the pics below are going on Pinky Cuda :mrgreen:
slow_jun wrote:Nice..... Where did you get those bones? Neat...might be getting those..
Those are GPM aluminum dogbones. I found them one day while looking for replacement DS parts. I was lucky to find some rear aluminum silver arms as well but they needed sanding and polishing. too many machining marks for my taste.

Arm on right is as it came, arm on left is after some sanding

the pic on the right in this collage shows the sanded arm on the left and the polished arm on the right(after sanding). The other two pics on the left show the shiny universals along the rear arms. This set is going on my pride and joy, the pink barracuda nitro DS.

here is link to dogbones...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPM-Racing-Alum-Drive-Dog-Bone-for-Dual-Sport-DS140-/191384277504?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8f645200
Well Now... I love what I'm seeing and your doing an awesome job and all, but... I have a few questions, like... Who makes the CVD's that you have pictured? Also... Do you have the name and part numbers for the MIP Steering and RPM Center Steering Link?

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

Hi,

That is a nice fleet of DS's.

I like the axle stands as well!

The part numbers for the,

MIP Zero Maintenance Steering, Part # 3013

RPM One Piece Centerlink (Bellcrank) Part # 70892

:)

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

Hi,

I used these Aluminum MIP CVD Bones on the rear of my build.

They are 6 x 44mm long, I think 42mm would have been better, but they work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HB-61095-Cyclone-TC-S-Drift-WCE-MIP-CVD-Bone-6x44mm-Alum-Purple-/181897494499?hash=item2a59ef7fe3:g:89kAAOSwU9xUTP75

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Hot-Bodies-61095-MIP-CVD-Bone-6x44mm-Purple-Aluminum-Cyclone-1-HB61095-/162281038336?hash=item25c8b42200:g:jakAAOSwAYtWOWLz

I did strip the purple anodizing off.

Also ASC 7381 CVD rebuild kit x 1

And #1083 MIP 3/16 CVD axle x 2.

PrincessShandi82

DaveM wrote:Hi,

That is a nice fleet of DS's.

I like the axle stands as well!

The part numbers for the,

MIP Zero Maintenance Steering, Part # 3013

RPM One Piece Centerlink (Bellcrank) Part # 70892

OMG! Thank you soooo much. All the info is awesome and it gets me closer to finishing my car. Now... I do hate to be any further bother, but would anyone have a scale drawing, PDF or anything of that nature of either the original RC10 or the DS's front sway bar and linkage? I cannot find any of the parts online and I would love to get it over and done with.
Oh! and would anyone know of or have a copy of the Instructions and parts list for the TRC/Composite Craft Lynx II Elite LTO? I thought I had read on here a while back that someone had PDF's of the instructions but I can't remember where or how I got there and who it was.
OH! Also for my DS I decided to upgrade my front end as well to use the hex drives so that I could use the HPI #3817 and #3822 Vintage 5 spoke wheels, and then used the HPI #4793 and #4797 tires. I also got my body for it which is a PROTOform #1535-30 1971 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. Rather then go with the typical black Firebird I'm going to go with either a gold or copper metal flake. I need to start researching the colors GM used back then and go with something "other then BLACK."

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

From the original Yellow RC10 manual
Morten Max