RC10DS - Lamborghini Gallardo

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Re: RC10DS Lamborghini Gallardo

Post by LoboNYC »

slow_jun wrote:nice, any links on the Lambo Body? my kid would love this. any mods made to fit those tc3 to DS axles?would like to see it.

thanks.
slow_jun hit it right on the nose :P ITs the PVC 190 Lambo body. The mods for those wheels are the SC10 4x4 front axle to fit the 12mm hex and a set of wide NTC3 12mm clamping hex for the rear Part no. 9892
slow_jun you are the MAN, you found that quick, lol. a heads up to everyone thinking about the HPI Lamborghini Diablo body for the DS, DON'T. The front and rear shock tower wont allow the body to clear it. You can make mods to it but for me i wanted to keep the DS suspension as close to original as possible.
slotcarrod wrote:Looks bad ass! 8)
Thanks man!!!
slow_jun wrote:ahh 190 mm... tnxs...

Although im always using 200mm bodies, you can make the 190mm work with 0mm offset wheels. if you cant find a set of these...you can always try these NTC3 wheels...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390851584962?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lonestar wrote:coolest "deviation" of a DS I've ever seen. The stock tc3 wheels from bitd look right at home with an almost-lambo design :)
Thanks Lonestar, deviation is so correct :lol: ive been using 70's muscle car bodies and never once thought of something modern like the Lambo. In this case the chassis dictated the body. AT times i almost wish it had no logo because i wanted to mount a more traditional body, but im now happy with the outcome now that i found those wheels. I did however purchase the Associated 31441 10-Spoke Rim Black Apex Touring to replace the ones i swiped off the NTC3.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

Here are a few shots for those who have questions on the parts used for this car

I used the wide 12mm rear clamping hex from the SC10 part 9892 to accommodate the 12mm hex wheels
I also used a tiny piece of purple fuel tubing to cushion the dog-bones and keep them from rattling

The axle cups were polished to compliment the blue dog-bones

The front axle hubs were replaced with those of an SC10 in order to use the 12mm hex wheels upfront

Lastly i used a zero maintenance MIP ball bearing steering setup for smooth steering

No spur gear, motor, ESC or receiver are on the car.

sandkil
Approved Member

Post by sandkil »

Such a nice build!
I like the black and gold mix that runs through with the logos, shocks and nose brace tubes.

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Nice..... Where did you get those bones? Neat...might be getting those..
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

sandkil wrote:Such a nice build!
I like the black and gold mix that runs through with the logos, shocks and nose brace tubes.
Thanks Sandkil. it gives it an RC10 heritage feel to it. By the way, the arms and universals in the pics below are going on Pinky Cuda :mrgreen:
slow_jun wrote:Nice..... Where did you get those bones? Neat...might be getting those..
Those are GPM aluminum dogbones. I found them one day while looking for replacement DS parts. I was lucky to find some rear aluminum silver arms as well but they needed sanding and polishing. too many machining marks for my taste.

Arm on right is as it came, arm on left is after some sanding

the pic on the right in this collage shows the sanded arm on the left and the polished arm on the right(after sanding). The other two pics on the left show the shiny universals along the rear arms. This set is going on my pride and joy, the pink barracuda nitro DS.

here is link to dogbones...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPM-Racing-Alum-Drive-Dog-Bone-for-Dual-Sport-DS140-/191384277504?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8f645200

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Nice finish-work on those GPM arms. I did the same thing to the rear arms on the Barney Optima after stripping off the blue anodizing; the GPM machining was pretty rough. Not as rough as yours, but not too smooth. I think it's worth the effort to polish aluminum prior to re-anodizing--or even just to polish the raw aluminum. It looks much better. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Nice Lobo! Shock o-rings also work well in the outdrives/rear axle... perfect fit :wink:

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Lonestar wrote:coolest "deviation" of a DS I've ever seen. The stock tc3 wheels from bitd look right at home with an almost-lambo design :)
X2 Stunning build!
Jeff

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

Coelacanth wrote:Nice finish-work on those GPM arms. I did the same thing to the rear arms on the Barney Optima after stripping off the blue anodizing; the GPM machining was pretty rough. Not as rough as yours, but not too smooth. I think it's worth the effort to polish aluminum prior to re-anodizing--or even just to polish the raw aluminum. It looks much better. 8)

You're right, it was worth the effort but im sure glad i only had the rears to work on :mrgreen: . I was surprised as well with the machining marks because i have a set of blue anodized front and rear on the carbon DS and the quality was way better. It took a mouse sander to get most of the marks off but it was killer on my hands. The vibratons left both hands numb :lol: :lol: . The polish was done with a fine grit block sander followed by scotchbrite.

knucklebuster wrote:Nice Lobo! Shock o-rings also work well in the outdrives/rear axle... perfect fit :wink:
:idea: Knucklebuster :idea: , you learn something new everyday, thanks for that tip, i never thought of that, been using fuel tubing since my first GT and its a pain to get it just right. NICE!!!
SFC K wrote:
X2 Stunning build!

Thanks man! I may deviate one more time with a foreign car body on a DS, may try German with a go at a Porsche. The rest of the fleet i will keep to American car bodies.
I was getting a lot of smiles and "thumbs up" when i was running the 66 mustang on park grounds parking lot.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

LoboNYC wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:Nice finish-work on those GPM arms. I did the same thing to the rear arms on the Barney Optima after stripping off the blue anodizing; the GPM machining was pretty rough. Not as rough as yours, but not too smooth. I think it's worth the effort to polish aluminum prior to re-anodizing--or even just to polish the raw aluminum. It looks much better. 8)

You're right, it was worth the effort but im sure glad i only had the rears to work on :mrgreen: . I was surprised as well with the machining marks because i have a set of blue anodized front and rear on the carbon DS and the quality was way better. It took a mouse sander to get most of the marks off but it was killer on my hands. The vibratons left both hands numb :lol: :lol: . The polish was done with a fine grit block sander followed but some scotchbrite.
I'll be posting a thread in the near future on how to make a cheap and easy-to-build mini-polishing tool that'll make those jobs polishing small items and tiny nooks & crannies much easier. I just have to test it to see if it works as good as I expect it will. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Don't stop now.... those arms are sweet... links... plleeeeeaaaaaassssseee.... hahaha

tnxs.
― Confucius

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

Coelacanth wrote: I'll be posting a thread in the near future on how to make a cheap and easy-to-build mini-polishing tool that'll make those jobs polishing small items and tiny nooks & crannies much easier. I just have to test it to see if it works as good as I expect it will. 8)
I will be watching out for that !!!

slow_jun wrote:Don't stop now.... those arms are sweet... links... plleeeeeaaaaaassssseee.... hahaha

tnxs.
Sorry slow_jun You have to keep searching and keeping fingers crossed to see if they pop up. I saw another set a few months ago and tried to buy them only to have my money refunded. just keep doing a search every other day or so...eventually something will pop up :mrgreen:

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

hahah, will do. sweet car, cant wait for the nitro...
― Confucius

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

slow_jun wrote:hahah, will do. sweet car, cant wait for the nitro...
Dont worry Slow_jun there are more nitros and electric cars to come....

Here is a pic of the nitro and electric DS cars that im slowly working on.

Here is a pic of the ones that ive finished or are in a near finished state.

Im hoping to be finished by 2016 :wink:

Approved Member

Post by 1968 »

LoboNYC wrote:Here are a few shots for those who have questions on the parts used for this car

I used the wide 12mm rear clamping hex from the SC10 part 9892 to accommodate the 12mm hex wheels
I also used a tiny piece of purple fuel tubing to cushion the dog-bones and keep them from rattling

The axle cups were polished to compliment the blue dog-bones

The front axle hubs were replaced with those of an SC10 in order to use the 12mm hex wheels upfront

Lastly i used a zero maintenance MIP ball bearing steering setup for smooth steering

No spur gear, motor, ESC or receiver are on the car.
Who makes the miniature jack stands?