If you could ask Gene Hustings...

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Curtis
Approved Member

Re: If you could ask Gene Hustings...

Post by Curtis »

The main difference with the "Worlds" Stealth diff and what we came out with for production was the slipper. Mostly the slipper pads.
With the Worlds slipper, there were small round pads (I think 8) that pressed into the spur gear on each side. They pressed into the holes where balls would go for a ball diff. This worked well at the time but was not so good when you had to change the spur gear. You would have to reset your slipper each time you changed your spur gear. The pads wore out too quickly as well. The round slipper disk between 2 hard anodized aluminum slipper hubs was then used. This slipper was used for many years to come.

I hope that answers your question.

Curtis Husting

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Just curious, on the RC10 prototype car, what were the silver front/rear shocks originally from? Were they from another RC vehicle or just the original RC10 shocks but just not anodized yet?

Also, what were the spring retaining clamps from?

Neal.
102 RC vehicles and counting...

Curtis
Approved Member

Post by Curtis »

The silver shocks were handmade prototypes of the production shocks. They were not anodized at the time of the photo shoot for the box art. The shock spring retaining clamps were also handmade prototypes. The mold for the plastic production spring clamps were not finished on time for the photo shoot.
We wanted to get the cars out to our customers as soon as possible so some of the production molds had not been completed when the photos were being done. That is why some of the parts were not production parts.
Curtis Husting

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

Hi Being a big restorer of rc1/100 and rc200's the big thing is getting hard facts. One of the biggest is the hardware, do you know if ther was a main supplier? From all my research I have found the aircraft background seemed to play a roll as with the nas Axel bolts ect. Also were all the parts on the rc1&rc2 produced in house ? I know this would be more a Roger question but hope you can help. Ohhh and what does the symbol on the back of my paramount address associated rc1 parts mean? Thanks Ryan
Ryan

trkneller
Approved Member

Post by trkneller »

What I would really like to know is what were the production numbers on the RC10? That is, until the release of the B2; just how many kits were manufactured?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

are any of the other "stealth" cars from australia and detroit still around in as raced condition like the 2 of masami's?

Jack Smash
Approved Member

Post by Jack Smash »

Is it still possible to get the RC RAcing DVD's? I know Gene was selling them on the web a few years back but doesnt appear so anymore.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Jack Smash wrote:Is it still possible to get the RC RAcing DVD's? I know Gene was selling them on the web a few years back but doesnt appear so anymore.
WebSteve was selling them here a while back, but I don't know if he's got any left or still is selling them.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I had a question I kept forgetting that finally clicked.

was the rc10 mechanical design drawn up in fractional or decimal graduations? When I'm measuring things, sometimes it's hard to tell if the hole locations are in tenths or 64ths.

ROH73
Approved Member

Post by ROH73 »

That is a great question. I've had the chassis and other parts on the optical comparator here at work and it seems like everything is fractional to 1/64, but with tolerances it's hard to be sure.

Curtis
Approved Member

Post by Curtis »

The drawings were made in inch (decimals). Some are fractions like .125" (1/8") or .250" (1/4") and some in decimals such as 1.200" or 1.100".
Curtis

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Cool, thanks very much!!!

Rootdown4594
Approved Member

where did the T2 come from developmentally?

Post by Rootdown4594 »

the t2 to me seems to be the oddest of the RC10's. it's the only platform that was used for one generation. it seems to be a stepping stone between the worlds car and the b2/b3/t3. was associated developing two platforms at the same time(b2 and t2)? were they trying out a new aluminum and a composite platform along side each other to see which one was better? there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference between the rc10t and the t2 other than the chassis shape. isn't the suspension geometry basically the same? was this just an update to the old rc10 platform they were going with when they decided to use the b2 platform and didn't want to waste the development the put into the t2 platform? could we have possibly had a b2 instead that used the same platform as the t2 like the rc10b1.5 build i've seen here? or even possibly a t2 that used the b2 platform?

Rootdown4594
Approved Member

Post by Rootdown4594 »

whoa what the hell. i didn't post this here. sorry.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Rootdown4594 wrote:whoa what the hell. i didn't post this here. sorry.
i moved it here. why ask those questions to bunch of guys not in the know, when it could be asked in this thread and answered directly from the horse's mouth?