Coelacanth wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:42 pm
Lonestar wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 am
Thank god we have Marc to keep us in check, eh, Marc?!?! Thanks Marc!!! :lol:

(unfortunately, he's right :roll: )
It's a value-added service I provide free of charge. :mrgreen:
Hopefully, like photobucket, it won't last, then :mrgreen:
Broken Pix Links? Blame greedy Photobocket... viewtopic.php?f=39&t=41908&start=45

PerryCodes
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: RC10GT

Re: photobucket "game over"

Post by PerryCodes » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:46 am

Coelacanth wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm
this is an inherent risk with ANY kind of image-hosting service that begins as free. I'm on several forums and it's so annoying when you find a 4-year-old topic that could be extremely helpful, only to find all the images are gone because of this. Although it requires a much bigger demand on a particular forum's server, I've only ever uploaded my own images directly to that forum, never used an image-hosting service unless it's the only option.
YES. YES. YES.

I'm the same way. I will only ever post a photo if it can be hosted by the forum I'm posting it to. I'm sorry... but allowing people to post links to 3rd party hosting services did so much more damage to this forum than the links to ebay items that eventually go bad (I was told this was the reason for the creation of separate Buy/Sell/Trade/Wanted forums).

There is one restriction with posting images to this site that some users may find make the feature unusable. If I didn't have Photoshop's "Save for Web" feature, getting my images down to 250k might be a real pita. If you have Photoshop - check out that feature - it makes meeting the size restriction a breeze.
Last edited by PerryCodes on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PerryCodes
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: RC10GT

Post by PerryCodes » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 am

mk-Zero wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:50 am
Has anyone found a good substitute for photobucket yet?
Yeah... it's called "Attach".

Lonestar
What was your first real rc car?: MRC Bullit

Post by Lonestar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 am

Perry, not sure where you're getting that BST story from but it's funny... Having been around for almost 10yrs now I can't remember seeing anything but a BST thread since the beginning.

For the "attach" bit - what you're missing is that for some of us who have LOTS of stuff shared over the year, we need some kind of a folder-like structure to help us handle our images centrally. Plus, we also want to be able to display the same pictures in different places over the internet.

Net, local hosting works and we're lucky to have it - but it doesn't cater to all the needs. If you're a photoshop user you probably understand this :)
Broken Pix Links? Blame greedy Photobocket... viewtopic.php?f=39&t=41908&start=45

GoMachV
What was your first real rc car?: hornet

Post by GoMachV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 pm

250k was before the new software, Bill bumped it to 3-4mb a few months ago. People shouldn't have to do too much resizing
My Garage < RC Car Action scans, manuals, and other fun stuff
Direct link to manuals and documents
Factory Works website

mk-Zero
Business Member
What was your first real rc car?: Sand Scorcher

Post by mk-Zero » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Lonestar wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 am
For the "attach" bit - what you're missing is that for some of us who have LOTS of stuff shared over the year, we need some kind of a folder-like structure to help us handle our images centrally. Plus, we also want to be able to display the same pictures in different places over the internet.

Net, local hosting works and we're lucky to have it - but it doesn't cater to all the needs. If you're a photoshop user you probably understand this :)
Exactly. For new posts I'm uploading to the forum, here and on the other sites I frequently use (one for FJ Cruisers and my forum for vintage VW's), but on my VW site I have nearly 10 years of build photos and event photos... there's no way in hell I'm resizing all those and uploading them one at a time to a board. Takes way too much time. But if I can easily host them somewhere and get the IMG tags for groups of pics I can probably fix a lot of those posts and threads that are all screwed up now.
Brian
1955 VW Oval, 231 hp daily driver
Ten4, 4WD RC10 Project, B1M Project, Hot Trick RC10 project, RC 10 CE, NTC3- Brushless Rally conversion, B44.3

CPD- Conklin Performance Designs Shapeways Shop
CPD Ten4 Shapeways Shop

orangemazda
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Grasshopper

Post by orangemazda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 am

Can someone explain how to post pictures on this site now? Please explain it like I'm 5 because I have no idea.

GoMachV
What was your first real rc car?: hornet

Post by GoMachV » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 am

on your PC....right below where you type, there is a tab for Options and a tab for Attachments. Click Attachments. Click add files. Scour your drive for where they are located and add the ones you want, and click "place inline" to add it to your post. You can move it around wherever you wish. Use the preview button to check your work.

on a device...same attachments tab, same add files...pick the location, select as many pics as you want, and click done. There is a progress bar that will show green when loaded. Click preview to see the pics. You can use the place inline button to move them around in your post, unless your OK with them all being at the end.
My Garage < RC Car Action scans, manuals, and other fun stuff
Direct link to manuals and documents
Factory Works website

orangemazda

Post by orangemazda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 am

OK, thanks. I'm with ya so far but when I do it on my iphone, it says the files too big. Is there a way to resize already existing pics between phone and forum? Please excuse the dumb questions. Technology and I are not friends... :lol:
GoMachV wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 am
on your PC....right below where you type, there is a tab for Options and a tab for Attachments. Click Attachments. Click add files. Scour your drive for where they are located and add the ones you want, and click "place inline" to add it to your post. You can move it around wherever you wish. Use the preview button to check your work.

on a device...same attachments tab, same add files...pick the location, select as many pics as you want, and click done. There is a progress bar that will show green when loaded. Click preview to see the pics. You can use the place inline button to move them around in your post, unless your OK with them all being at the end.

mk-Zero
Business Member
What was your first real rc car?: Sand Scorcher

Post by mk-Zero » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:54 am

I had to download an app to resize on my phone (Android), the one I got is called Photo and Picture Resizer, its very easy to use, and was free. Look for that or one like it where ever you get apps for an iPhone.
Brian
1955 VW Oval, 231 hp daily driver
Ten4, 4WD RC10 Project, B1M Project, Hot Trick RC10 project, RC 10 CE, NTC3- Brushless Rally conversion, B44.3

CPD- Conklin Performance Designs Shapeways Shop
CPD Ten4 Shapeways Shop

orangemazda

Post by orangemazda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 am

I found photoshop express in the app store. It seems to work good! Thanks for the help guys!

mk-Zero wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:54 am
I had to download an app to resize on my phone (Android), the one I got is called Photo and Picture Resizer, its very easy to use, and was free. Look for that or one like it where ever you get apps for an iPhone.

matt1ptkn
What was your first real rc car?: Tamyia Clodbuster new in 1988

Post by matt1ptkn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:56 am

GoMachV wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 pm
250k was before the new software, Bill bumped it to 3-4mb a few months ago. People shouldn't have to do too much resizing
:shock: I've always just attached photos. Tried and true for me. I use MS Office Picture Manager to do photo resizing in groups. Just takes a minute or two to do as many photos as I want. But if the image size is 3-4 mb now, wooooo! My iPhone 4 photos shouldn't require any resizing now!
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

Return to “Off Topic / Chit Chat”