The dog thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

j-sou
Approved Member

Re: The dog thread

Post by j-sou »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Looks like someone might be working as a fabricator-
Auto designer actually. I don't do much hands on stuff in the shop anymore, just drawing and rendering. I design promotional vehicles for companies, show cars for celebs, movie cars, stuff like that.

Went to Pismo for the weekend to get away for a few days and gave Keylee her first bath while we were there. Had to wait for her stitches to heal from where she was fixed before we could bathe her. She doesn't smell like a Shelter dog anymore! :lol:
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

Stella and Sadie. Sadie is the Yellow, Stella is the mutt. This is when Stella was a puppy

Lounging on the deck a few years ago:

Up in the mountains:

Not impressed

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

and this was from the past winter

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

here are my two boys. ludo the great dane pup and gavin my soon to be two year old (on july 4th).
this pic was taken in november.

ludo is now 11 months old and 115lbs.

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

Here is a picture of my dog Ringo in his Halloween costume (shark). 1996-June 5, 2011.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Been at a Humane Society fundraiser all evening. Hundreds of dogs running and playing. This is what a 5 pound dog looks like when it's officially "Partied Out!". :lol: I can relate boy! I was young once too! :mrgreen:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

WillyThickfoot
Approved Member

Post by WillyThickfoot »

This is Diva. She belongs to a buddy of mine. Had to share this one.
Attachments
Dirty Diva.jpg

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

Here is my Buddy Mowgli, i think he is half Jack Russell Terrier and Half Rat Terrier...

When i first got him

About 2 years old, after stealing a cookie out of my hand.

As he is today, about 4 years old.

Momo5
Approved Member

Post by Momo5 »

Heres one of our dogs...Pee Wee. Hes still a pup...he was born at the end of June. Hes a whopping 2.2 pounds now.

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

here is our pack. i will start off with kay-ak. she is a red/white splitface border collie with one blue eye and one green eye. we got kay-ak from a breeder as a puppy at just 9 weeks old. she does agility, flyball, frisbee, kayaking, hiking, and dock diving. she is now 13 months old.

7 months later we got a call from the breeder we got kay-ak from. she asked us if we would be interested in her sister/littermate. later that day we were bringing home ziggy. now even though they are sisters they are nothing alike. ziggy was kennel kept through her puppyhood. and when she was not in the kennel she was being trained to herd sheep. she is a true herder. when she is not herding one of the other dogs or my son she is being the biggest kissy face we have.

now just 2 weeks before ziggy came to live with us we adopted alex. alex is a hairy hairless chinese crested. he will be turning 2 in a couple months. alex spent the first year of his life in the possession of a hoarder. from there he bounced around a bit. first a kill shelter. then adopted for a couple weeks then back to the kill shelter and then a dog rescue got him. he sat at the rescue for 2 months before i found him. a 9 hour round trip drive was worth it to bring this little guy home to my son. just 2 weeks after we got him, alex took first place at a local dog show being shown by my son paul.

and finally we have lilah. we rescued her from a bad living situation last month with the help of the local shelter. plans were to originally just foster her until a home could be found but she won our hearts and is now here to stay. she is around 3 1/2 years old to our best guess. at 6lbs she is the smallest dog i have ever owned.
lilah-2.jpg

Tomas Karlsson
Approved Member

Post by Tomas Karlsson »

Cute dogs you have!

This is Nässla from Sweden, she is a flat coated retriever and also helps me out when i´m tired.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Well, we adopted an older Beagle for my son (what boy doesn't need a dog?) Here's Charlie (his name already) consequently...Charlie does snow-
Charlie snow 14.jpg

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

Good on you Reggie ! We have two new additions in our household .

This is Rodigan , we pulled him out of a shelter in Montreal a day before he was to be put down .

And this is Jada , she lived in a shelter for over a year . She looks happy now :)

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Here is our gang... they are all Toy Fox Terriers. Just for a little history, TFT's are the only all American bred dog. They were after many years recognized as a Toy breed and allowed to compete in the toy breed at AKC events in 2002. Till then they had to compete in the Terrier group. The typical TFT is 5-9 pounds and 9-11 inches tall at the shoulders. They have black heads with markings similar to a Manchester Terrier on their heads, shaped similar to a mask on the head. Their bodies should be around 80-90% white but its not unusual for them to have all white bodies but never should have less than 70%. Anything less and it is very likely they have other breeds in their lineage. many people mistake them for Chihuahua, Jack Russell and Rat Terrier.

We have 5 that our ours and live with us. We also have two puppies that we co-own with a friend of ours that live with us part time. Our oldest Alex is a rescue and we think he has some Rat Terrier in him. He is crazy. Can jump like a kangaroo, can run like a cheetah and had we thought of it several years ago when we got him, he would be an agility dog now and would have been great at it.

All of these dogs except for Alex have long AKC names of which I am not going to go through because I get them all mixed up, :)

Here is Alex:
555003_10151974750179684_1844892378_n.jpg
Katy was a TFT we bought as a puppy. She had some faults on her ears that never grew out and so she got retired before anything happened. She is a very independent little girl and loves a little yellow squeaky toy that she will fetch for hours and hours.
Katy:
4665_81851014683_8319000_n.jpg
Eddy, we got Eddy because I decided to buy a generator for my race trailer (Which my wife has also named Eddy) Eddy was a dog we rescued from a TFT breeder. He grew up living in a utility room and it took a really long time for him to trust. But he is a great dog. His name was Heart when he came to us because he has a spot on his back that is shaped like a heart. We did not think that very appropriate for a boy dog, so we named him Eddy.
Eddy:
4665_81850994683_4585069_n.jpg
This is Charly Brown. Charly is what is known as a Chocolate TFT. His color is Brown and Tan instead of Black and Tan. It was a genetic thing in his breeding as both his parents were Black and Tans. Its very rare for that to happen. So that is the reason for his name. Charly is a retired show dog. He actually chose his retirement. He was in one show in which he won Best in Breed and after that he decided that he no longer wanted to walk while he was in the show ring. So he is now a happy retired little guy... Charly is very well known in the TFT world. He is actually known for his endowment. Before I tell this story, let me first say, he is our smallest TFT at 5 pounds.. One day, before we owned him outright, our partner came home to Charly and his junk was out, like stuck out around 9-10 inches worth of stuck out. He was scooped up and taken to the vet and the vet said to massage it down with sugar... Well that was quite odd for him and didn't know why this little guy was like this. He was crated during the day while she was out so it was quite weird... Well, 5 or 6 weeks later it was noticed that Charly's sister was getting fat. and it was impossible to figure out how because this girl never got to be around any other dogs while she was in season. Well, we found out why his junk was messed up that day... his sister was in a crate next to him and it was at least 5 inches away from his crate. Anyway, you can do the math and that is why he is so well known. You can believe the story or not, no biggie. But this was the only thing that made sense because in his puppies were 2 Chocolates and its not rare for a chocolate to produce a chocolate. (One of which is a Russian Champion now).
Charly:
1503354_10201720693233651_162418479_n.jpg
Panda is our possible show baby. She is what we view as close to what a breed standard TFT should look like. We think we have a good one here so we are still debating doing the whole show thing with her. (That's a very expensive, propaganda, and politically driven world, so its a big decision)
Panda, she is barking at the TV in this pic, she loves to watch TV:
7774_10152226101034684_925959309_n.jpg
These are 2 female pups we just got and co-own with our partner, they live with us part time. Still unknown what exactly will happen with these two girls as they are still very small little puppies. :)
Sophia and Elli:
1888497_671396659568810_1192758229_n.jpg
1888497_671396659568810_1192758229_n.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
1888497_671396659568810_1192758229_n.jpg
1888497_671396659568810_1192758229_n.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
And that is our babies. Sorry for the long post. Thought I should share a little more than pics, :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I thought I posted to this in the past, guess not.

Here's Primer our Weim. He's getting up there in age and weight. Still a good dog if I say so myself. Terrible hunting dog as he's extremely gun shy and hates loud noises. This year the Vet prescribed him with anxiety meds. I think he honestly believes he's human. Also, still thinks he is a lap dog or can fit in tight spaces on the couch.
In his younger years.

Just added a new addition. Wife saw a soldier's wife needing to find a home for a 8 month old pure bred Beagle. I named him Fred after the movie Smokey and the Bandit. This little guy is fun and he is awesome with the kids. Helps keep Primer motivated to get off the couch a little more now. Until Primer has enough and snaps a little. :lol: