aussie DIRT & TRACK magazine's

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GJW
Approved Member

aussie DIRT & TRACK magazine's

Post by GJW »

many happy moment's were spent reading these magazine's published in australia, radio control cars for DIRT & TRACK. we all called it "dirt & track" or d&t and couldn't wait each month for a new edition. i just received this lot and i'm very keen to relive old memories contained with-in. they are all in excellent condition :shock: and i recieved 32 off for only $16.00 :D :D :D pretty damn happy :mrgreen:

proffesso
Approved Member

Re: aussie DIRT & TRACK magazine's

Post by proffesso »

haha, I put that ebay link in the ebay section....I would have loved to get that, but shipping would have been astronomical to japan. im glad a fellow 10talk member got it :)

please, pretty pretty please scan them!
I'm a retro radio control hipster - I only like the stuff no one bought!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

ah did you just, do you just like old rc mag's in general? i'm surprised the aussie guy's didn't see the listing TBH. just having a coffee and reading one right now, might have to build a replica car one day as there are many to choose from in the mag's :) scan them :shock: that would take age's.

proffesso
Approved Member

Post by proffesso »

I am an aussie guy, just living in tokyo these days :)

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

I saw them, Gary, and seriously considered bidding on them to replace some not-so-good condition editions I have.... but in the end, spending money I don't have to replace something I already have with something else that's in nicer condition, that just did not compute.

The $16 was a bargain, though.... dammit....

My own D&T collection is about 90 - 95% complete, I'm missing some around the 50s and some later. I have the last issue somewhere, so can tell you exactly how many you have to collect....

Have a few extras too... think I even have a spare no.1 :mrgreen:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

proffesso wrote:I am an aussie guy, just living in tokyo these days :)
ah i didn't know sorry about that :oops: now it all make's sense, yeah if ya want me to post anything to you that's fine with me. there is some unreal stuff in these 8) 8)

Incredible_Serious wrote:I saw them, Gary, and seriously considered bidding on them to replace some not-so-good condition editions I have.... but in the end, spending money I don't have to replace something I already have with something else that's in nicer condition, that just did not compute.

The $16 was a bargain, though.... dammit....

My own D&T collection is about 90 - 95% complete, I'm missing some around the 50s and some later. I have the last issue somewhere, so can tell you exactly how many you have to collect....

Have a few extras too... think I even have a spare no.1 :mrgreen:

Alex
you have alway's been smarter then me alex but c'mon not this time mate 16 bill's + post is a total bargain, you could have upgraded and sold off your other's :wink: :wink:

put up some pic's man, ill buy any spare's share the love brother :wink: want to borrow any particular mag?

proffesso
Approved Member

Post by proffesso »

first and formost, if they have anything about the old bendigo / kangaroo flat track, im all over that...that was my old stomping ground :)

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

i asked the seller how they kept the mag's in such good condition, she said they were here husbands and he kept them in a plastic crate. ill take it to the next level and sleave in edtion to preserve our aussie mag. i am concerned that the oils from my skin might stuff the pages they are that good :lol: :lol:

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

proffesso wrote:first and formost, if they have anything about the old bendigo / kangaroo flat track, im all over that...that was my old stomping ground :)
bendigo and district radio control car club, contact ken moyle (054) 43 4923. is that the club/president

ill keep my eye out for any articles. :D

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

GJW wrote:you have alway's been smarter then me alex
Not getting into that, matey... :lol:
GJW wrote:but c'mon not this time mate 16 bill's + post is a total bargain, you could have upgraded and sold off your other's :wink: :wink:
When you don't even have $10, $16 plus post for some magazines you already have is a bit much. Sitting in the cheap seats this week :oops: :evil:

GJW wrote:put up some pic's man, ill buy any spare's share the love brother :wink: want to borrow any particular mag?
Been putting scans up for years matey.... they're in the scan section!

Will get a list of what I have spare (and missing) this weekend, if I can find where I hid all mine...

I was talking with the final D&T editor years back, about the last issue, pestering him about when the next one would be... pretty much was written, but never published. Might have to pester him again to send it through to me.....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
GJW wrote:you have alway's been smarter then me alex
Not getting into that, matey... :lol:

what no boasting at all :P boring :lol:
GJW wrote:but c'mon not this time mate 16 bill's + post is a total bargain, you could have upgraded and sold off your other's :wink: :wink:
When you don't even have $10, $16 plus post for some magazines you already have is a bit much. Sitting in the cheap seats this week :oops: :evil:

tough time's for many, sell some of your epic schumacher collection son!!

GJW wrote:put up some pic's man, ill buy any spare's share the love brother :wink: want to borrow any particular mag?
Been putting scans up for years matey.... they're in the scan section!

Will get a list of what I have spare (and missing) this weekend, if I can find where I hid all mine...

I was talking with the final D&T editor years back, about the last issue, pestering him about when the next one would be... pretty much was written, but never published. Might have to pester him again to send it through to me.....

Alex
there is so much stuff on this forum, so ya did i forgot :oops: :oops: getting dumber every year :mrgreen: yeah get hold of that last edition mate, that's very special would love for us aussie's to see that.

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

oi! what some of your favorite quote's in the mag's? i'm liking, NEW yokomo 'maniac' easiest 4wd to clean, fastest to run. now in stock! 8)

caesar
Approved Member

Post by caesar »

Any hints to where I should start looking for these magazines? Tried ebay, etc, but pretty much finding jack.

There was a guy on rctech selling an almost a complete collection for peanuts but couldn't post to Melbourne so missed out on them.

tamiya
Approved Member

Post by tamiya »

wonder how many "full sets" of D&T still exist... Possibly rarer than every-year collections of Penfolds Grange Hermitage :D

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Hmmm