Who have you met in person?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Re: Who have you met in person?

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

I used to see Brian Kinwald a lot the summer before the XXX came out. It was a hard packed clay track at MnM Hobbies in Corona, CA. He had a couch, TV, stereo, I want to say Playstation too. He was cutting chassis, turning tires inside out, trying all different things to get traction on the clay. I think he ended up running tires completely dremeled bald and the clay didnt get stick to his tires like other people. He practiced with a Airtronics CX2P, but raced with a 3PS. I went to the race at MnM where the XXX debuted, you could feel the energy in the air, people were standing on chairs, tables, packed on the stair railing leading to the drivers stand to watch the race. It was in RCCA.

Another person at MNM was Barry Baker I think his name was. He had his own room in the back, it was featured in RCCA. He had blue fuzzy upholstery with neon green trim on the walls. He had RC cars hanging from the ceiling, tons and tons of batteries stacked on top of each other on one table. He took a XXT and chopped the chassis so it was super short, and he did backflips and frontflips off of jumps. He also had a TV, stereo and gaming system there.

JOESGARAGE
Approved Member

Post by JOESGARAGE »

I've talked to Kent Clausen on the phone, nice guy! Does that count?
OLD SCHOOL!

CUDDZILLA
Approved Member

Post by CUDDZILLA »

I haven't gotten to meet anyone from the board. I'm pretty new here and nobody lives around Arkansas. I can't imagine why.

I DID however get to meet some of the top factory drivers. The 2008 R.O.A.R. ON-ROAD ASPHALT NATIONALS were held here where I live. I took my son and bought him a t-shirt and had several of the drivers sign it. I was more excited than my son was. Guys like Rick Howart, Billy Easton, Ralph Burch Jr., Josh Cyrul...mostly really, really nice guys.

Some pics from the event here:
http://www.rchobbiesraceway.com/rc_hobbies_raceway_presents_the.htm

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

this is a cool thread. well Brandon G talked me into driveing to Nashville to the Vornats a few years ago and what a great trip it was. I met up with him, Brian Bscotti, Mark T311, Mr Lexan. then I made my way to the Vonats this past year were I met up with Erich Reichart, Melvins Army, Tim Kaiser, Aconsola, Dan- Mojo_dan, soniccj5, tecnica2001, hope I didnt miss anybody :lol: everyone when these races are set up you should really try and make it, I have only made two of them but the people really make it fun.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Charlie don't surf wrote: I still have some closer guys to me here in NC that I look forward to meeting up with (MrLexan in SC, Jake in AL, Harris in FL) not to mention guys in the rest of the counrty
Reg,

I have told you multiple times..... All you have to do is get here. It's an hour flight or 6 hour drive. You have a place to stay, food, transportation and I'll even supply you with a car to race. Quit your wishing and make it happen! It's Orlando ( the happiest place on earth). Bring the family and let's race!!!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

JHarris wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote: I still have some closer guys to me here in NC that I look forward to meeting up with (MrLexan in SC, Jake in AL, Harris in FL) not to mention guys in the rest of the counrty
Reg,

I have told you multiple times..... All you have to do is get here. It's an hour flight or 6 hour drive. You have a place to stay, food, transportation and I'll even supply you with a car to race. Quit your wishing and make it happen! It's Orlando ( the happiest place on earth). Bring the family and let's race!!!
Nice to see you here!!! LOL!!! Don't think I haven't hinted it to the wife

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
JHarris wrote:
Reg,

Nice to see you here!!! LOL!!! Don't think I haven't hinted it to the wife
Jake drove 9 hours to crash at the Harris crib. You gonna let him one up ya??

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Man, Anthony drove 20 to come see me.

No, I'm not going to let Jake one up me for long

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Man, Anthony drove 20 to come see me.

No, I'm not going to let Jake one up me for long
That's not even including traffic through NYC, eating, fueling up and...a night in a hotel with wifey :wink:

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

JHarris wrote: It's Orlando ( 2ND happiest place on earth).
Fixed it for ya....Anaheim get the 1st spot :)

One day, I will travel around the US and race...only done AZ and CA so far :(
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Well, most of the guys I have met that are on this board have been through the Vonats. Not only a fun race, but a great opportunity to put faces with names! Mark (markt311, which I also race with regularly at the Thunder RC), Brian (Bscotti), Scott (melvinsarmy), Anthony (aconsola), Jay (badhoopty), Erich Reichert, Ryan (reign 79), Freddy (tecnica2001), Bill (Clinehobbies), Jay (Mrlexan), Jason (scr8p), Mark Westerfield, Ed (soniccj5), Dan ([email protected]), Tim (covell2), Mike Valentine, Kaiser, Jake (bigjeepz), Raul Garcia, Jeff (civilguy), tazz888, and last but certainly not least, Rick (the bearrickster). I'm sure I have missed a few....

Some other notables that are not on this board: All the guys I race with locally and up in CT, Ryan Mayfield, Adam and Rhonda Drake, Ryan Lutz, Paul Sinclair, Jack Johnson, Kyle Reed.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Got to meet Bscotti in person tonight and do some S/C racing- short time, but glad I finally got to meet you!!!

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Haven't met anybody yet but I hope to. I do talk to "vintage 88" Tim quite a bit. Looking forward to racing at vonats one day and meeting a bunch from here. Keep your eyes out for my widow buggy in the pits.
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

I have to add Romulus-10 to my list (with John Thorp)

and WebSteve (Steve Hustings)

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

I did some hard time with Gregg (lowrydesign). A few years of hard time up in SF. In school... :lol:
We were in school together, at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. It was great to meet him there. I clearly remember our first conversation when we both started school about us both having "Moon Equipped" shirts! Little did I know I would run into him here on RC10talk after being friends at school.
I'll let him tell you the stories of why he was referred to as "Crash" back then :wink:
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"