Craiglist rc parts/cars posts, hilarity thread

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Craiglist rc parts/cars posts, hilarity thread

Post by flipwils11 »

I think I need to start a thread to save Craigslist posts for rc gear that are ridiculous or have some comic relief about them. I will save the pics from this one when I get back home to my computer, but I had to share this now. :roll:

How about these pictures?! I could be looking at anything in the 2nd pic let alone an rc car of some kind. :lol:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/tag/2998314949.html
kyosho rc truggy (saint fancls)
Date: 2012-05-05, 3:47PM CDT
1/10 scale car with two extra sets of wheels. Not sure the size of the motor .no remote or receiver
craigslist1-blur2.jpg
craigslist1-blur1.jpg

drbelleville
Approved Member

Re: Craiglist rc parts/cars posts, hilarity thread

Post by drbelleville »

Got to wear beer goggles to decipher, :lol:

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

That looks like the truck I once dreamt about

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Its taking a lot of willpower for me not to send them an email with a few choice words. I'm so tired of this crap. :x

I think whats gotten to me is I've been watching Craigslist for a full size vehicle for a few months now and things like this have been the norm. Then when you email them to ask questions you get just as retarded of a reply. You want to lose faith in humanity? Embark on the path of buying a modified 1:1 vehicle. It's paved with such stupidity and B.S. its sickening.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I 2nd that motion lol DON

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I've never seen anything like it. I suppose it translates over to the R/C world as there have been some real doozies posted on here before... Such as those pictures above for example. It looks like they were taken while falling down the stairs. :shock:

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Nawww, they were all taken while drunk, after a "do you know what those ol' RC10's are worth now" conversations.
Needless to say, camera phone action ensues, and photographer dreams of buying his own desert island with dancing girls :lol: .

lee

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

My favorite is when they look at the decals to decide the title. "Rare vintage Texaco piaa dominos RC car". You send an email asking what it is and never get a response. Ahhh, craigslist ftw.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

As a buyer I've never had any problems on CL. As a seller, good God where do these morons come from? I'm still getting spam from ads posted over a year ago. Some of my favorite questions:

1 - Are this for sale? - No, I just thought I'd post on CL for fun ...
2 - Will you take $xx (less than half of the asking price ) for it? - The item is brand new and already marked down significantly, how can I pass up an offer like that?
3 - This is Jim Buckmaster the Chief Executive Officer of Craigslist. My company just recently paired with Apple Inc to give away complimentary Apple MacBooks to randomly selected individuals that have posted adverts on Craiglist. You've been selected as our winner today. - Hi Jim (who's email says jolene michetti ), Please send my Apple Macbook to me immediately, here's all my personal information, credit card numbers, bank account number, and a certified letter from a Nigerian Prince stating that I'll be getting a large sum of money soon.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Maybe he used a 3d camera to take the pics for a more realisem affect :lol: :lol:

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Today's candidate for dumb craigslist rc posts. Note, there were NO pictures posted with this ad but I know pictures hardly matter to high rollers on craigslist who routinely drop this kind of cash on abused Traxxas vehicles.

My favorite statement in the ad: "Has been abused but everything works and it's built like a tank!"
big rc car lot for sale - $1400 (cambridge)

Date: 2012-05-11, 11:51AM CDT

I have a nice rc collection for sale... will not separate! Starting with a thunder tiger mt4g3 it's a brushless 1/8 scale monster truck with lots off extra suspension parts. Has been abused but everything works and it's built like a tank! The esc has been upgrader to a hobbywing 150amp... Comes with a 6s lipo and 2 2s lipos... Also I have a traxxas rustler vxl lots of rpm upgrades and extra tires has a dynamite esc and still have the vxl esc but needs to be sent into traxxas. Also have a mini losi 8ight has mamba esc and stock esc and an upgraded motor for more torque and steel sput has been abusef but I have lots of new parts to make it virtually new again! Also there is a 1/16 scale revo that has almost all new parts and upgrades parts too! Great vehicles! Will throw in my hardened hex tools. Comes with a spektrum dx3c radio wich as of now only controls the mt4 and the mini losi 8ight. I only have one transmitter for both traxxas vehicles but it is 2.4GHz and one lipo charger! Comes with stock mini losi radio and a older fataba 3 channel transmitter and receiver its really nice just not 2.4ghz.. Many extra parts for all vehicles... I know i'm missing a few things... 1400 obo also mt4 has an upgraded servo which was 90 bucks.... I have way more into all this then what i'm asking text 763-xxx-xxxx

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I wish I'd saved some ads over the years here. :lol: I can't help but look everyday, but it's pretty much a joke. :roll: Everything is overpriced and when a good deal comes up it's always gone in a flash. :shock: I always think "Who else around here called on that the day it hit??".

There was a guy here for a while that would immediately post an ad calling out other r/c ads. They were more hilarious than the ads themselves. :lol: Sometimes arguments would break out thru ads. He finally quit for some reason.

On average the stuff posts for about twice what it's worth around here. :roll:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Heres another thing thats really been grinding my gears in my search for a full size vehicle. The old wet down the car before you take the pictures trick. I mean come on! Its 2012 who do they think they're fooling? I can't believe how many vehicles I come across where this is being done. There was even one today where the person actually went out in the rain to take the pics.

(Thanks THEYTOOKMYTHUMB)

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Lowgear wrote:Image
(Thanks THEYTOOKMYTHUMB)
:lol: :lol: I Love It! :lol: :lol:
I do like looking at my car after a rain though. :oops: Of course I'm not trying to sell it. :lol: A wet bikini model though?? Now that's a situation I'd like to be on top of. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Lowgear wrote:Heres another thing thats really been grinding my gears in my search for a full size vehicle. The old wet down the car before you take the pictures trick. I mean come on! Its 2012 who do they think they're fooling? I can't believe how many vehicles I come across where this is being done. There was even one today where the person actually went out in the rain to take the pics.
(Thanks THEYTOOKMYTHUMB)
You'll like this one then:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-JRX2-Vintage-Rare-JRXT-JR2-JRT-Team-Associated-RC10-Ofna-Tamiya-HPI-Traxxas-/230789646727?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item35bc228987#ht_5012wt_1396

And this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-XX-T-Vintage-RTR-Rare-XXX-T-Graphite-Team-Associated-RC10-Ofna-Tamiya-HPI-/230789644047?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item35bc227f0f#ht_4939wt_1396