So what did you get in the post today ???

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

duckhead
Approved Member

Re: So what did you get in the post today ???

Post by duckhead »

limestang wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:42 pm We choose to ship packages with many many postage stamps in this decade and do the other things, not because it is easy, but because it is hard :)

- Limestang
Have a beer on me, I just laughed my ass off, well played sir! :mrgreen:

->Mark

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Slow boat from China finally arrived with my shock parts. Now I can get those silly Associated clamps off a bunch of my Kyosho and Duratrax shocks :mrgreen:
Attachments
FD5FEB01-6441-495A-AC33-71B727418C15.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Today's haul are CAT XLS parts (both needed and spares) from A-Main. The wheels were an impulse buy (they looked interesting and were pretty cheap), the drive shafts, arms, pivot balls, rod ends and belt are spares. The top belt cover and front uprights are needed to complete restoration of my old car. The paint will (I hope) yield a reasonable Masami XLS facsimile for both the vintage car (destined for the shelf) and the recently acquired re-release (future runner). I emailed the guys at Schumacher for advice on paint colors but didn't receive a reply. I've received an XLS body, wing and under-tray from TBG for the runner and I've ordered a decal sheet for that car from MCI Racing; that hasn't yet arrived.
I never could have imagined even just a year ago that we could purchase new replacement parts for this 30 year old car not to mention the full re-release of that legendary car. What a wonderful time we live in. Now, if Kyosho would re-release the Mid...
Attachments
todays haul.jpg
Doug

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

:)

duckhead wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:07 pm
limestang wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:42 pm We choose to ship packages with many many postage stamps in this decade and do the other things, not because it is easy, but because it is hard :)

- Limestang
Have a beer on me, I just laughed my ass off, well played sir! :mrgreen:

->Mark

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

This came today. No one else bid, so I got it for 110 shipped, and it's a Stealth. The CF chassis is in pretty nice shape, I may make it a shelf queen. Not sure yet. Either way, should clean up pretty good, and be a nice friend for my TQ10 :mrgreen:
20171128_235935-1008x756.jpg
20171129_000016-1008x756.jpg

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

that's a bloody sweet deal for$110 :shock:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

mk-Zero wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 am Not vintage, but this came today. My b44.3 is getting pretty wore out, would cost a lot to properly rebuild it and, frankly, it's not that great of a car anyway. This is it's replacement.

20171121_152614-1008x756.jpg

I've probably got it about a third built... the quality is so much higher than my b44.3 it's not even funny.
May I comment that you might be disappointed by the car's performance, unless you run it on a proper old-school dirt track. There is way too much suspension travel, the wheelbase is too short (pick up an Avid or Exotek chassis), etc... center diff maintenance is a total PITA, plus center diffs don't really work either in 4wd... etc...

On the plus side, it's abso-freaking-lutely unbrakable and quality is stellar is you like slop :mrgreen:

I had one for one race only... sold it right after, not competitive indoors unless you dump way too much money in it. The Factory guys have cars that don't resemble the production car... that's HB for you :mrgreen:

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Lonestar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:50 am that's a bloody sweet deal for$110 :shock:
+1 You could shelf it or you could part it out and double your investment. I'd bid on that chassis plate; mine's in rough shape.
Doug

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

XLR8 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:41 am
Lonestar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:50 am that's a bloody sweet deal for$110 :shock:
+1 You could shelf it or you could part it out and double your investment. I'd bid on that chassis plate; mine's in rough shape.
The chassis is nice, but there's a little bit of a bad spot up front, some delamination. I think I can fix that though. We'll see, maybe I will sell it off, it was a bit of a spur of the moment buy, and I'm not really into shelf queens... but I think the chassis is maybe too nice to run.

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Lonestar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 am
mk-Zero wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 am Not vintage, but this came today. My b44.3 is getting pretty wore out, would cost a lot to properly rebuild it and, frankly, it's not that great of a car anyway. This is it's replacement.

I've probably got it about a third built... the quality is so much higher than my b44.3 it's not even funny.
May I comment that you might be disappointed by the car's performance, unless you run it on a proper old-school dirt track. There is way too much suspension travel, the wheelbase is too short (pick up an Avid or Exotek chassis), etc... center diff maintenance is a total PITA, plus center diffs don't really work either in 4wd... etc...

On the plus side, it's abso-freaking-lutely unbrakable and quality is stellar is you like slop :mrgreen:

I had one for one race only... sold it right after, not competitive indoors unless you dump way too much money in it. The Factory guys have cars that don't resemble the production car... that's HB for you :mrgreen:
I've driven d413's before on my local track (indoor damp clay, high traction) and been very impressed. They have tons of steering, are very predictable, and as you said very durable. For sure a step up from my b44.3. The guys that have them, who are better drivers than me, swear by them. We'll see how it goes. It was that or a b64d for over $100 more.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

mk-Zero wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 am
The chassis is nice, but there's a little bit of a bad spot up front, some delamination. I think I can fix that though. We'll see, maybe I will sell it off, it was a bit of a spur of the moment buy, and I'm not really into shelf queens... but I think the chassis is maybe too nice to run.
If it's just the nose that is de-laminating, you can glue it back together, or even trim the leading edge back with a belt sander. I have done that to put a fresh 'edge' on the chassis.

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

jwscab wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 am
mk-Zero wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 am

If it's just the nose that is de-laminating, you can glue it back together, or even trim the leading edge back with a belt sander. I have done that to put a fresh 'edge' on the chassis.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

mk-Zero wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 am
Lonestar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 am

I've driven d413's before on my local track (indoor damp clay, high traction) and been very impressed. They have tons of steering, are very predictable, and as you said very durable. For sure a step up from my b44.3. The guys that have them, who are better drivers than me, swear by them. We'll see how it goes. It was that or a b64d for over $100 more.
Mark, please describe the track that it works well on... because here (and I'm talking most of western europe!) that car is doing zero sales... we all jumped on it when it was released, then suddenly the market was flooded with used ones because we all agreed it was not doing what we expected. I am somewhat close to the official HB team in Europe and good friend with the NEidhart folks, and the cars are very, very modified to be competitive. Very interested in hearing about your experience!

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

This is our track Paul.

I think on of the guys who's d413 I drove had the extended chassis, the other was stock. I have no doubt I'll be faster with it than the b44.3. I'll never be the fastest guy on our track, but I always try to improve my skills and equipment.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Lonestar wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 am Mark,
:lol:
it’s pronounced “Brian” :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website