Let's make America "Trailing Arm" again

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: Let's make America "Trailing Arm" again

Post by GoMachV »

Yes parts that are new built will be different, however much of the stuff is new old stock as well.

I will be merging my stuff with the A&L and Factory Works items and making it one big catalog of parts. I will still be cutting pieces on demand as well as having pieces ready to ship that are popular.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Mr. ED wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm You'll have to contact kumo l. On yahoo auctions. I'm sure he'll be happy to see trailung arms for this kit:
I don't know, after he took my chassis design just like "we cut shapes" did on the Hotshot, I think I'll let him send people to me
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Thanks for answering my questions. That is good to hear. Maybe on some of the custom designed parts you've come up with, you can start cutting Team A&L or Factory Works into them. This way anyone stealing your hard work would have to omit that part. Although I imagine you could start taking legal action against would-be thieves now.

There's also a dude selling knockoff Sassy Chassis parts on eBay. I think they were told to stop but it doesn't appear that they have. Maybe they can't make any additional Sassy Chassis products after they sell what they already made. These thieves are ridiculous. They obviously have the knowledge to create such products, why don't they use it to create their own stuff ya know?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

jkelm24 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:58 pm
Does the agreement also include the rights to any patents (if any) for the Lethal Weapon, Power Clutch, etc? Or, is it a transfer of business naming rights and available inventory?
yes i will have the names and be able to sell under them. I will probably concentrate on the Factory Works name as it's an easier internet search and Chris Allec still sells under the A&L name with his bodies. Items like the trans, slippers, and trailing arms will remain A&L to keep things simple.
Factory Works website

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:35 pm
Mr. ED wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm You'll have to contact kumo l. On yahoo auctions. I'm sure he'll be happy to see trailung arms for this kit:
I don't know, after he took my chassis design just like "we cut shapes" did on the Hotshot, I think I'll let him send people to me
Oops, sorry Jeff. I must have missed that post, or forgotten about it.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

No worries :mrgreen:
I'm sure there will be a rc10talk coupon code eventually 8)
Factory Works website

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Great news Jeff and congrats on taking the risk! It's good to know that these great brands are now in safe hands and will keep on growing and living. Props to you and best wishes for the new adventures!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:48 amI can't thank Daryl enough for all the work he is putting into transferring the companies and doing what he can to make sure it will be successful for me.
Did the Democratic Senator of CA boycott your peaceful transition of power too? :wink:

A few years ago, Daryl had sent me a PM (or maybe he called me, I don't remember) and in it he mentioned about possibly looking to sell "Factory Works" and the "Vintage A&L" businesses. Talked about what they may be worth, etc. Back then, I thought it would be a cool venture to take on. And if I had the disposable income to do it at the time, maybe I would've gone for it. But I would've had to rely on too many people to make parts and stuff like that. Would've taken me a long, long time to start seeing a return on investment.

Jeff is the right guy to take this on. He's already set up to make a lot of the stuff himself... in house. And, he already has quite a catalog of his own products to offer. Also included in the purchase are tools and equipment to continue making some of the A&L and Factory Works parts which he can now use to create new products of his own. Although he may need a larger shop now. :lol:

So best of luck with the new business venture. We're all behind you! :)

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I'd stay behind me for a bit, cause this stuff is gonna get "real"!
I'm a week from being home and already ordered $2k worth of commercial grade bins to get this stuff organized! I'm one of those people that hate searching for stuff. I also hate waiting!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
Attachments
IMG_7675.JPG
Factory Works website

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

R Cane wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 am
Lonestar wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:30 am Congrats for rising up to the challenge Jeff!

And much gripe at you for taking the value of my A&L sets down right away... sob sob... :( :lol:
Dude, don't call Jeff an SOB :lol:

That's awesome, Jeff! Good luck, but I'm sure you'll do a great job.
I knew someone was gonna pick on this... initially I just put one "sob" then I said to myself "someone's gonna misinterpret this" so i added another one just to be on the safe side... and even then... :lol:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I've been called worse :lol:

Actually by a couple people on the forum here :shock:
Factory Works website

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I shutter with the words "trailing arms" just something so vintage about them. So glad that the likelihood of me actually owning a A&L trailing arm RC10 just went up.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Good luck with the new business venture, I don't know a whole lot about the A & L legacy but I know it's in good hands. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

mytimac
Business Member

Post by mytimac »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 am I'd stay behind me for a bit, cause this stuff is gonna get "real"!
I'm a week from being home and already ordered $2k worth of commercial grade bins to get this stuff organized! I'm one of those people that hate searching for stuff. I also hate waiting!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
As someone who is currently on this path and been on for a while. Skip the plastic bins if it is not to late in my opinion. I wish I had just got shelves and then get cardboard bins to start with. Cheaper more flexible solution for future changes. Plastic ones and those shelves that only work for them get a little annoying, I ditched the holders and put mine on regular shelves. The cardboard bins are way cheaper and you can buy them in the hundreds. If had to do over would never have bought the plastic ones. AMAIN uses the shelves and cardboard bin method as a matter of fact for a lot of their stuff.

I lost parts all over I don't know how many times when the bins didn't get back on the rack/holders right.
http://oldrc.com - Find parts for older Losi, Associated, Tamiya and others.
http://vintagelosi.com - Manuals and information on older Team Losi models

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The ones I got sit on shelves that have a slight angle. I didn't like the hanging ones that you mentioned either. I went for the high end units from Akro-Mills, made in the USA, due to all the complaints about the other cheap companies.
Factory Works website