Facebook users on 10talk

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Are you active on FB (r/c groups)?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 am

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 56

scr8p
Administrator

Facebook users on 10talk

Post by scr8p »

The build contest gives us a decent reference as to how may guys are active on here every month. I'm curious as to how many of our members are active on FB.... mainly the r/c groups. Figured I'd throw a poll up for a week and see.

green510
Approved Member

Re: Facebook users on 10talk

Post by green510 »

Im not a big fb user for the social side of things, mainly for buy/swap/sell pages.
Check in here more than fb, even if i dont post much I usually read everything and vote on the monthly build poll :D

I must admit, forums are a dying breed in todays age,
Have seen many large ones slow down dramatically or even stop due to facebooks introduction to the WWW
Dan.
Team B3, OG Worlds car, B5m.
Plus some other junk :D

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I browse on FB as part of my normal day, which includes Old School RC. I will sometimes reply in posts, and occasionally buy when I see a deal, but for the most part, I prefer the message boards. Sucks that most are gravitating to that sucky social media software. I get it that it's easy, but boy it sucks for trying to find anything and get some sense of cohesion.

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

I don't login here very often these days, but I do browse '10Talk at least a few times per week (sometimes everyday) :)

I do not get along very well with Facebook, I do not have my own account, but maybe twice a year I poke around in my wife's FB account - to me, it is the same old crap every time I look at FB, that is: everyone trying to make themselves look good in pics and stories of their wonderful lives, stupid poems and pictures with captions (meme ?), and tons of advertising...

To be honest, I have never looked at "Old School RC" on FB - maybe I should check it out :?:
-dldiaz

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

I haven't logged into my FB account in about 4 years :lol:
I fear I may have no choice here in the near future though. The same migration that has happened here has also happened on my VW board and FJ board. People whine that it's too hard to post pics in the forums... while it may be a little harder than on FB (especially in light of the photobucket fiasco), the format of FB is TERRIBLE for things like chronicling a build. This to me negates any advantage for lazy people of "easy photo sharing."
Also, I think maybe people want a "one stop shop" where they can just get on one platform, like FB, and get up to speed on all their interests. That kind of makes sense, but for me I keep a tab open on my phone in Chrome for each of 10Talk, the VW board, and the FJ board, and I can check all 3 with a couple swipes. Easy!
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but I like the forum-format much much better. Hey you kids, get off my lawn! :lol:

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

I use facebook probably too much. I used to hate it, but once I unfollowed anyone who posts random forwards and whats for dinner pictures, and replaced that in my feed with like 50 rc groups, facebook became pretty cool. Its great for current discussion, but it mostly sucks for archiving information though.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

No to the whole facebook thing.
Bum on Direct Deposit

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

I'm on there more for comical reading these days and to keep in touch with family that I don't get to see and talk with. It seemed ok when the "groups" thing started but now it's just a sea of "what's this worth" posts on most of the larger groups or idiots filling a post with useless comments. Organization on FB is also a train wreck. There are a few decent groups on there like Scoot's and a few others. Nothing like good ol forums like this one which will always be the greatest hands down.

EMC
Approved Member

Post by EMC »

The "Vintage RC10T" group on fb has been helpful and fun. I have often linked back to the history thread here to help folks with questions. This forum is far superior for technical knowledge than other groups and forums.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Nope. My face shouldn't be pictured in ANY book. :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

jwscab wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 am ...but for the most part, I prefer the message boards. Sucks that most are gravitating to that sucky social media software. I get it that it's easy, but boy it sucks for trying to find anything and get some sense of cohesion.
This ONE MILLION percent!

mk-Zero wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 am ... the format of FB is TERRIBLE for things like chronicling a build. This to me negates any advantage for lazy people of "easy photo sharing."
Have to agree with this too.....

Coelacanth wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:22 pm Nope. My face shouldn't be pictured in ANY book. :lol:
Well, seeing as I'm agreeing with other quotes.... :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Myself, I use BookFace for keeping an eye on stuff.... some other non-rc parts of my life ( :shock: ) that I would never join forums for - mostly for ideas that would never have forums without BookFace!

I keep some eye on some rc groups as well, but mostly for checking out slightly left-of-centre rc stuff, and what jwscab said about grabbing a deal. I'm not even a member of the 10Talk BF page!

I still prefer the forums, though.... much better sense of community, and I prefer the structure provided by a good rule set.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

marty slater
Approved Member

Post by marty slater »

I don't do face book
marty

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

like others have said, I use facebook for b/s/t stuff and rarely do anything else with it r/c wise. If anyone wants to keep track of my 'schedule' you can figure it out on facebook :mrgreen:

Also, like others have said. You can't follow anything on facebook more than 24 hours old of the last post so build threads are nonexistant making me not even look at them. Anyway, I'll leave this here:
LONG LIVE RC10Talk.com

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

klavy69 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm If anyone wants to keep track of my 'schedule' you can figure it out on facebook :mrgreen:
Are you that lonely that you're asking to be stalked now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!