== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mike DeLaney
Approved Member

Re: == Who the Heck Are You? ==

Post by Mike DeLaney »

My name is Mike Delaney, I am 40 years old. My occupation is in the HVAC field. Sometimes I help out at the local racetrrack.

shua

Post by shua »

Hello all, I'm Joshua "shua". Glad to find this forum and have really enjoyed learning more about the old vintage RC10s. I'm just another late 30's guy that had an RC10 when he was in his early teens and recently bought 1 to restore a few weeks ago. My first hobby grade RC was a Grasshopper. Then in 1988 or 89, bought a new RC10.
Looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning more about my old favorite RC as I restore one.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Hi guys, what a great site! This is my first post on here, so I may as well introduce myself first. I'm Paul from the UK. This is me sitting in a kids paddling pool, reading my girl Lili a story :)

I was into rc cars from 1985 to 1995. Back in the day my first model was a Tamiya Hornet which introduced me to the fun. A year or two later I switched to 1/8 Rallycars from PB running NovaRossi. I also ran an Optima Mid for easy park fun now and then. I also loved watching more talented people than I race the cars, such as SWB CATs, Optimas, etc at our local track. Later on as I grew up my focus moved away from rc models into skateboarding, then BMX, MTB and finally real cars. So I was out of rc for a very long time! But even so I still have a lot of nostalgia for the old days of rc. I remember drooling over the original adverts for the RC10 gold chassis models. I could not afford to buy one back then, as I had spent so much on my 1/8 model.

Anyway, fast forward to now. I decided to get back into rc after so many years away. There was only one car I wanted - the RC10. So the other week I bought a mint RC10 World's with the A&L suspension. I am waiting for it to arrive. But I have a lot of plans for a project already. I'll keep you in the loop...

Paul :)
GARBO 1/8

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Hi, my name is Marlon. Here is a pic of me and my lovely (and very supporting) wife Nancy.

wydraz
Approved Member

Post by wydraz »

Name: Dan Rowlands
Born: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Currently living & working: Muscat, Oman
Family: Wife, 2 daughters and 2 cats
Started racing: 1986

Here's a pic of me and some random club racer (I'm the one wearing the white Sweep tshirt - the damp patch is champagne!) ;)

crazy nick
Approved Member

Post by crazy nick »

Hi, I'm Nick Simon age 34 married w/ a 4yr old little girl. I live in Orefield, PA. I do excavating full time and work at a hobby shop part time as track builder and maintainance. My 1st car was an aristocraft kangaroo in 1985, then a year later I got an rc10 and started racing. Image

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

CJ - Another Trains and Lanes guy, I live over in Jersey. Engineer with a Computer Software/Hardware company. 3 boys, trying to get at least 1 of them racing so I can wrench to my heart's content.

I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Post by BMKTW2 »

Bud from Florida

Lazer

Post by Lazer »

Hey Gang! 34, my name is Nick. Owned a Traxxas Hawk 2 in the early 90's. Always wanted an RC10....just got a RC10 World's Car and Early TQ10 for my collection. Drive a RC10T4.1 too! Thanks for the great info!
Attachments
IMG_1664.JPG

sandkil
Approved Member

Post by sandkil »

Erik Westlund
39 (born '75)
Girlfriend
No kids
Live in Tumba - Stockholm - Sweden

Have worked as a jet engine mechanic and on a boat yard as a engine mechanic.
Currently working as a product developer (engines) in an aftermarket company (trucks, buses, construction eq. and marine)
i'm into RC, music (mostly grunge), boats (real ones and RC)
Attachments
__E__.jpg
__E__.jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
__E__.jpg
__E__.jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 4437 times

Breener

Post by Breener »

Sean Breen
Married, wife preggo with 1st
Work as a 911 dispatcher for ambulance and fire, and R/C is one of my ways to deal with the stress.
Had all kinds of Clodbuster's up until i started racing about 5 years ago, sold all the Clod's lol. Still enjoy bashing but i prefer racing. But with the wife being preggo, i think my racing career will slow down for the next couple years!!!

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Hey there, everybody. My name is Mike and I'm from NJ. I joined RC10talk over a year ago and not sure if I posted my info so here it is:

Daily Driver: 2011 VW Tiguan.

Weekend cruiser: 1980 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace Car that I've kept running, driving and in good shape since purchasing it back in 1997 while I gather information and knowledge in order to begin a rolling restoration.

Hobbies: classic muscle car ownership/restoration, r/c cars (of course!), drums, martial arts, boating/jetskiing.

Got into RC: back in the mid/late '80's when I got a new Hornet - been active in the hobby ever since.

Favorite RC Memory: Taking my new-built Hornet out for the first time with my father back in '80's and being amazed by its power and speed compared to the "toy" r/c stuff I had been use to up until then.

There you have it, probably the most important info to know about me. You can check out my r/c collection using the Tamiyaclub link if you'd like.

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Good or bad, this is me, Mike. Born at Andrews Air Force Base, May 1970. Grew up in Ohio, lived in west central Florida for a while, then back to Ohio. Awesome wife Lori (puts up with a lot-but knows how to dish it out too :lol: ), 6 year old son Grayson, and 2 year old daughter Lexi Scarlet. The wife and I both graduated from Ohio State University, hence the kids' names...Scarlet and Gray (the OSU colors).
My profile pic on the left there is my son when he was 4, in the halloween costume I put together for him.

with my daughter:
post.jpg

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

My name is Mark. I've lived in Texas more than half my life, but grew up in New Jersey. I am married to my wife (25+ yrs) and have a son attending the University of Texas. I am an Electrical Engineer by degree, and spent many years designing advanced automation systems for various industries. I started RC later in life, after graduating from college. I was fortunate to get advise from a great RC shop (Wild Bill's - Still in existence in Irving Texas) to buy an RC10 (gold Pan 1986 with futaba Junior Am Radio System and eventually a Tekin Pro ESC). I had a blast with this buggy, and still have it today. I never really lost interest, and most Christmas Holiday's involve some type of RC purchase:)

My other passion is vintage mustangs, which I share my birthday with. My 67 was a huge restoration effort, which included the following: 1 year search for correct date coded 289 engine, New Ford Sheet metal (Hood, Fenders, Quarter Panels, Passenger Door, Front Valence, Rear Valence), New Shock Towers, New Floor pan, All new suspension, All new/refurbished mechanicals, Power Disc Brakes, New Interior, Windshield, and then professionally painted. Options include: Four Barrel Carb, Factory AC, Fold Down Rear Seat, Textured Rear Panel, Hood Turn Indicators, Fog Lights, Clock, AM/FM radio, Pop Open Gas Cap, GT Exhaust, and Wheels. The color is "lime gold" hence my member name "Limestang".
Attachments
Motorcycle 5.JPG
IMG_1081s.jpg
IMG_1081s.jpg (39.1 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
IMG_1081s.jpg
IMG_1081s.jpg (39.1 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
IMG_1074s.jpg
IMG_1074s.jpg (32.37 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
IMG_1074s.jpg
IMG_1074s.jpg (32.37 KiB) Viewed 4183 times

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

My name is Ansgar, a dentist by training.

I started with wishing for a Tamiya offroad and the only choice was Cheetah and XR311. Then my wish only came true when SRB rough rider was released. A long time. :lol:

My boss, right next to me :mrgreen:
Attachments
10300431_10152278142958918_228269562148214173_n.jpg
10300431_10152278142958918_228269562148214173_n.jpg (17.96 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
10300431_10152278142958918_228269562148214173_n.jpg
10300431_10152278142958918_228269562148214173_n.jpg (17.96 KiB) Viewed 4628 times