Tekin FX-R ESC

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Tekin FX-R ESC

Post by Coelacanth »

Sounds interesting, I'd love to see some pics. You might find my OptiMutt build quite interesting...but at least it already started out life as a mid-motor. I turned it into a RWD mid-motor though, because (at the time) few people were doing those, and almost nobody was manufacturing cars that were RWD mid-motor chassis designs. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

lin6499
Approved Member

Post by lin6499 »

where the Tekin ESC and the receiver will go

Front view

rear view
I know this can be a stupid idea but I want to keep the rear end so that it looks like an original one.
The 240S motor won't be mounted when I run this thing.

The driver figure goes to the radio plate.
Don't want a ESC or a receiver getting in his way.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Looks cool...I'm interested to see how you re-mount the gearbox and outer gears.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

lin6499
Approved Member

Post by lin6499 »

Coelacanth wrote:Looks cool...I'm interested to see how you re-mount the gearbox and outer gears.
This was a previous version.
The counter gears and the gearbox are in a CNC factory, that's why I can't take a picture at this moment.

A new gearbox I'm working on.

By the way, I noticed that you're from Alberta. 10 years ago, I stayed in Edmonton for four months.
That is a great city, I felt safe and comfortable staying there. :D

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

lin6499 wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:By the way, I noticed that you're from Alberta. 10 years ago, I stayed in Edmonton for four months.
That is a great city, I felt safe and comfortable staying there. :D
Thanks, yeah...Edmonton is not too stabby. :lol: You're pretty much building a whole new car. I like your belt tensioner idea and it's great that you could fit a hardcase LiPo in there nice and snug. You've also lowered the center of gravity by having your electronics mostly mounted below the top deck...I wonder how much better this would handle and corner around the track? Looks like it would address the Optima's typical understeering-upon-acceleration behavior.