Hobbywing XERUN Justock Zero Spec esc + 17.5T 3650 G2 motor

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

howaboutme
Approved Member

Re: Hobbywing XERUN Justock Zero Spec esc + 17.5T 3650 G2 mo

Post by howaboutme »

Can you tell me where you got your G2 17/5T combo? I've only been able to find it (concretely) from HW direct. Most others, including Amain have the combo w/ the previous motor or do not concretely describe the motor as being the G2. I'm just trying to figure out the best place to purchase this combo. Thanks!
- Jack

joey_zrl
Approved Member

Post by joey_zrl »

howaboutme wrote:Can you tell me where you got your G2 17/5T combo? I've only been able to find it (concretely) from HW direct. Most others, including Amain have the combo w/ the previous motor or do not concretely describe the motor as being the G2. I'm just trying to figure out the best place to purchase this combo. Thanks!
I purchased the complete combo from Amain Hobbies. I thought I was getting the older motor like what was advertised, but it came packaged with the G2 motor. I guess they're switching over to G2 motors exclusively in their combos now.

This is the combo I ordered:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywing-xerun-justock-zero-spec-sensored-brushless-esc-motor-combo-17.5t-hwa38020402/p453306

howaboutme
Approved Member

Post by howaboutme »

joey_zrl wrote:
howaboutme wrote:Can you tell me where you got your G2 17/5T combo? I've only been able to find it (concretely) from HW direct. Most others, including Amain have the combo w/ the previous motor or do not concretely describe the motor as being the G2. I'm just trying to figure out the best place to purchase this combo. Thanks!
I purchased the complete combo from Amain Hobbies. I thought I was getting the older motor like what was advertised, but it came packaged with the G2 motor. I guess they're switching over to G2 motors exclusively in their combos now.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywing-xerun-justock-zero-spec-sensored-brushless-esc-motor-combo-17.5t-hwa38020402/p453306
Ahh...shoot. I pulled the trigger and ordered directly from HW last night to be absolutely sure I was getting the G2. Looks like Amain had a slightly better ($2.50) coupon code than HW. That's okay though.

Thanks! Happy New Year.
- Jack

joey_zrl
Approved Member

Post by joey_zrl »

howaboutme wrote:
joey_zrl wrote:

Ahh...shoot. I pulled the trigger and ordered directly from HW last night to be absolutely sure I was getting the G2. Looks like Amain had a slightly better ($2.50) coupon code than HW. That's okay though.

Thanks! Happy New Year.
I have heard that Hobbywing USA is great to deal with according to a few rave reviews I've ran across on the web. The 17.5T motor is good for around 29-30 mph with 31/72 gearing. The good thing about these G2 motors is that the three 3.5mm banana connectors are removable from the motor. They can be unplugged and plugged back in. So to say if you wanted to switch to a 13.5T, or a 10.5T version of the G2 motor, that is possible without doing any re-soldering. Just plug and play. 8) Happy 2017!

howaboutme
Approved Member

Post by howaboutme »

Happy New Year to you too.

Thanks for your help with my questions. HW Direct was a good experience. Processing and shipping was pretty fast even though it came from the west coast. I'll do it again.

I hadn't noticed (just opened it to take a quick peak) plug n play banana connectors but I am super happy. These are similar to the Speed Passions then. I like the ability to swap a lot.
- Jack

blk05wrx
Approved Member

Re: Hobbywing XERUN Justock Zero Spec esc + 17.5T 3650 G2 motor

Post by blk05wrx »

Nice set up! Thanks for the review. I've been looking for a stock set-up so I can race at the local track.