What is a good transmitter?

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: What is a good transmitter?

Post by GoMachV »

Airtronics was the USAversion of Sanwa, which is still around. Airtronics folded a year ago or so

My glitching is primarily when its close by. Just walking around with the truck in one hand and the transmitter in the other, it would glitch both channels.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

With the exception of my first two radios being a Kyosho Pulsar and then a Futaba Magnum Junior FP-T2PKA, I've always raced using Airtronics, now Sanwa. I still have my Airtronics Caliber that I used back in the day.

Now I have the Sanwa MT-4s for my racers and I use a Sanwa MX-V for my "basher" cars and crawlers. I've been very happy with them.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

So Spektrum thrives while Airtronics folds - that just seems wrong. Well, at least Sanwa lives on. I know nothing about modern radios but with the old AM, a glitch meant that it was time to service the motor (turn arm, replace brushes) or that your caps are insufficient or they have failed. I thought 2.4ghz meant zero glitch. Anyway, hope you are able to sort it out.
Doug

eugine
Approved Member

Post by eugine »

orangemazda wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 pm With the exception of my first two radios being a Kyosho Pulsar and then a Futaba Magnum Junior FP-T2PKA, I've always raced using Airtronics, now Sanwa. I still have my Airtronics Caliber that I used back in the day.

Now I have the Sanwa MT-4s for my racers and I use a Sanwa MX-V for my "basher" cars and crawlers. I've been very happy with them.
+1
A 2.4ghz transmitter is a 2.4ghz tx but what makes the difference with Sanwa is the menus and user interface. My MT4 memu and related controls are so easy to use...
It is very confortable to change a setting 2min before the race without any user manual :)

lmw94002
Approved Member

Post by lmw94002 »

When I was jumping back into things I picked up the FlySky GT3C (or something) for cheap... And I've bought like 4 additional receivers for a total of like $25 more. I will say I was hesitant with a cheap radio like that, but I've used it now for a handful of race weekends, bench testing, and playing in the backyard w/o any issues at all.

Once I get more "serious" about racing, I'll switch to a used Futaba or Sanwa. I was a big Airtronics guy in my day (first radio was the XL2P) and still actually use my 3PS for bench testing older gear. My M8's display died... :(
--
RC10CE 6-gear, RC10 Team, 10L, 10LSS, Worlds, B2, B4 TC, FT TC3, Nitro SC8, SC18, RC18LM, FT SC10.2, Worlds-ReRe, B6, B6D
--Builds--
SSC10 build - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=41740

yellowdatsun
Approved Member

Post by yellowdatsun »

Never had any glitching issues with the 2 Airtronics MT4's and the new MT44. Ever.

Personally I don't like Spectrum radios, they just don't "feel" right to me. The Airtronics and Sanwa units feel great, which equates to driving the car better. The older receivers are affordable, and there;s even one the works with the MT44 that's around $50. You get what you pay for. I've had ZERO problems with my radios and receivers, none. Most guys at our local track run Airtronics, the MT4 specifically. Spectrum is a distant second place, with Futaba being only a few.

As for Flysky, no idea. never seen one or used one. You won't be able to get parts and receivers at your local track either, so keep that in mind.

I will add that I bought a Fudaba 3prka and it wqs junk.

Buy used if you have to, to get something nice. Buy cheap and you'll regret it.

Ucsdmutt
Approved Member

Post by Ucsdmutt »

I’ve been using a Futaba 3PV with my B4.2 and am very staisfied, was only $109.99 at the time.