Vintage racers in CNY

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Re: Vintage racers in CNY

Post by Johnboy72 »

Just an update to this old thread. Redneck is now in B'ville. I believe High Octane is closing. Victory is now in the Fulton location. Dirt oval but man did Scott clean that place up. Depends on your poison boys. I know I have them all on my Facebook if ya need me to try to contact someone. I have my hands on more RC10s now. Goldie, Worlds, and a couple of graphites...not including the new Classic.

popboy905
Approved Member

Post by popboy905 »

Johnboy72 wrote:Just an update to this old thread. Redneck is now in B'ville. I believe High Octane is closing. Victory is now in the Fulton location. Dirt oval but man did Scott clean that place up. Depends on your poison boys. I know I have them all on my Facebook if ya need me to try to contact someone. I have my hands on more RC10s now. Goldie, Worlds, and a couple of graphites...not including the new Classic.

i haven't run at the new redneck location, but i stopped by and it looks good. It sucks High Octane is closing. they never should have taken out there indoor track, the owner was talking about doing indoor carpet offroad, but from the way he was talking it didn't seem like he was in touch with what racers wanted.

I'll be running at redneck most sundays over the winter after thanksgiving.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

High Octane was kind of a joke from the get-go. They came into CNY with substantial attitude problems and it was felt throughout the place IMO.

Redneck is nice, I wish that Bruce at Walt's would have taken a different direction with the shop- Walt's has the history and location...just no drive- :|

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I agree about Walts. Walt's Hobby use to be the place for indoor dirt oval in CNY.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Yeah I remember the old dirt track indoor at Walts. Cracks about an inch thick and deep to the floor but it was smooth. I've been trying to stay out of the racing scene but my buddy sucked me back into it. I have been running my late graphite at Victory in the SB edm class. It's getting close to where I want it. But just put a Nastruck body on it as that class looks less competitive and more fun. I've been trying to get Mike Woods interested in starting a vintage class where we could run bi weekly.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Woodsy has been here, every once in a while...I guilt tripped him into it :lol: He had a closet-full of stuff to sell me once, but I never could pin Mike down on it. He's a good guy. Not sure that the vintage stuff appealed to him as much though-

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

He's sent me pics of some of his old stuff. He's been giving me advice via Facebook lol. Still trying to bait him into dusting off the RC10s and coming out.

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

did mike woods run onroad oval cars in the 90's?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Different Mike-

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Well week one in the books and the best I turned was 60 laps in the Nastruck class. Think tonight Bill turned 66 laps in the A main. After some esc issues (think it was put back into cheat mode cause it was too fast), I finished 4th in the A. Work to do. But I invite anyone to join me Sundays in Fulton as I'm having a ball wheeling an RC10 against these new cars.

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

I will start a fresh post shortly so please see it in this section. I would like to start a vintage class to meet once a month at Makin Traxx in Irondequoite NY. This would loosely be for 1/10 scale, 2wd buggies produced between 1984 and 1994 and rereleases of those cars. I have a few people interested and hopefully with the two RC10 rereleases I may see more people. I'm hoping to get a solid six people.