SoCal - JBRL Vintage Class

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GeekSpeed
Approved Member

Post by GeekSpeed »

Guys, there has been a bit of discussion on the JBRL Electric thread in RCTech about doing a vintage class. JB has no problem doing it if there is enough participation (8 drivers, I believe).

http://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing/688273-2013-jbrl-southern-california-electric-offroad-series-6.html

I am not going to be able to have a car ready for the first couple of races, but I wanted to make sure you all saw this. It may be time for the old-school cars to throw down. 8)

body snatcher
Approved Member

Re: SoCal - JBRL Vintage Class

Post by body snatcher »

Funny you should bring this up. Theres been several posts where theres been expressed interest in having a vintage race/event. I was at OCRC in huntington beach last week and noticed that they have a smaller,vintage friendly off road track with nothing big enough to break anything. The track is exactly like the track I used to run on in the mid 80s,but indoor. When I inquired about having a vintage event,the track owners son Nick was very receptive to the idea. He said all we need to do is bring in at least 10 guys on a Saturday or Sunday who want to race. He seems that it would definitely bring alot of attention and interest. The cost would be $10 per entry. Also,for those who dont wish to race,it would be a great opportunity to bring and show off your vintage cars and just hang out. Perhaps even a parts swapmeet would be possible?

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

We need to start a mailing list of a bunch of guy's emails. Or maybe a blog page that those with vintage cars to race could subscribe to would work. To unify and coordinate? :D

We don't really need to organize and run our own race like the Vonats, we just need to get 8-10 guys to show up at the same place at the same time with relatively similar stuff and a lets have fun attitude. Most clubs and race directors are very used to creating classes on the fly right? JBRL is a great option, and there are many more options with all the series and club races (read Short Course Tucks) around these days. If 10 Tyco Turbo Hoppers showed up, that'd probably be a race.

We can call the mailing list or blog page the VORRCA in salute to the old ORRCA (Off Road Radio Controlled Associatiion) that some may remeber from my time - way way way back.
- Brian -

My Gallery

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

You could race your pet cockroaches or rabid weasels if enough people show up. Anyway,I say just show up on a Saturday or Sunday morning. If theres enough people,and interest,we race. If not,we can still pay the practice fee,drive the track,hang out,and have fun. If breakage is too big of a concern,maybe we dont even need to race right away. I say maybe start out with a day of practice driving,showing off your vintage ride,and hanging out with other vintage enthusiasts. Im definitely willing to show up at OCRC next weekend. Anyone else?

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

body snatcher wrote:You could race your pet cockroaches or rabid weasels if enough people show up. Anyway,I say just show up on a Saturday or Sunday morning. If theres enough people,and interest,we race. If not,we can still pay the practice fee,drive the track,hang out,and have fun. If breakage is too big of a concern,maybe we dont even need to race right away. I say maybe start out with a day of practice driving,showing off your vintage ride,and hanging out with other vintage enthusiasts. Im definitely willing to show up at OCRC next weekend. Anyone else?
I would but I'm working out in Henderson Nevada for the remainder of the month. I gotta check out the 702 Raceway they got out here when I get a day off at some point. Have fun!! :mrgreen:
- Brian -

My Gallery

Typicray@rainmans
Approved Member

Post by Typicray@rainmans »

I am down for vintage racing! I will be at adrc, ccr, and rainmans
Almost all my posts will be edited because I know what I want to write, but my fingers always hit the wrong keys.