LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

body snatcher
Approved Member

LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post by body snatcher »

Im curious how you guys feel about having a weekly/bi weekly vintage meet up and get together. The idea stems from our rc flying clubs bi weekly open meetings on tuesday evenings. Although theres no actual flying,we still have a good time with food,getting to know other members,b/s/t sessions,and bringing new interest to the hobby. My idea is to start out with the same concept here,then eventually have some vintage club races and larger events as numbers grow.There are a few restaurants I have in mind that are willing to accommodate us. I just see this as an opportunity for like minded people to get together and have a good time making new friends. This is just an idea.What do you guys think about this?

RichieRich
Approved Member

Re: LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post by RichieRich »

i think it's a great idea. I like places with bars. :D

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

I'm interested in a local vintage meet, but I'd prefer it at a track. A regular practice or club race day works. I have a few cars I'd like to bring out and run. Guys can still chat and bring stuff to show off, order food, get take-out, etc., but I would go crazy just talking about vintage cars, I'd have to run mine lol!
Old school racing all the way!

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

You mentioned Hofs Hut in LB. If it's the one on LB Blvd, that's actually pretty close to where I live!
Regardless, I'm game for meeting up at a restaurant, bar, track, where ever.
I never really run at tracks, so I wouldn't be much help at picking one to meet at really.
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

I was actually thinking of the one on pch and 2nd street by the marina. But it just closed forever a couple days ago. Ill miss it for sure. Im thinking that it may be a better idea to have it at ocrc raceway in huntington beach. I understand that not everyone will want to run their cars,but those who do can just pay the practice fee. Food can be ordered by phone and delivered. The facilities there are much better suited for those who wish to show off their cars or bringing in stuff for b/s/t. I was thinking of perhaps getting this thing going hopefully next week sometime. I was thinking monday nights because the place gets pretty busy on saturdays and sundays with kids using the smaller,vintage friendly track,and racers there for the weekend races.

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

After talking with a several other people,Monday night seems to be a good day. Therefore,Ive decided to head to OCRC in huntington beach monday night at 7pm. Thats the only way to see if anyone else is willing to show up. If we get a good turnout,Ill post it here as a success. If not,I guess it will go down as just another idea for the history books. Hope to see you guys there.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

I'll try to get there myself. I work until 6 in Riverside, would have to swing through Yorba Linda to pick up stuff, then head out. Guess I need to get my stuff back into the JRX so I can turn some hot laps with it as well :)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

Great joey! I hope to have my new CE ready by then.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Rained out Little League games were just rescheduled to Monday night :(
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

I've got to be in Corona all day (I go a day or two a week for work) but, can hopefully make it to HB by 7:30 or 8.
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Take pics and post 'em guys, really wanted to try out the BB on the goldie too. Get the calendar marked for next time, I will hopefully not have LL again on a monday.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

Well,the meet up was pretty cool,considering it was hopefully the first of more to come. We hung out,did some practice driving,and just had a great time. Now for the big question. Should we make this event weekly,bi weekly,or monthly. The vintage cars definitely got alot of attention! Hey Mike,Love that 10t Chevy C10!!!!

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

Definitely a good night at ocrc! Being a practice day, it was perfect for me. Felt good to go to the track and relax after work. Hopefully you can get those pics up. I know you liked the C10 MT, maybe the WOIN build more! Either way, looks like you've got another project on your hands now. I'm planning to bring a few extra things next time to start a small b/s/t for us at the track. We should throw in some west coast rc, pegasus or hot rod as well. Looking forward to it and hopefully meeting more people too! :D
Old school racing all the way!

body snatcher
Approved Member

Re: Bi weekly LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post by body snatcher »

We definitely had a great time. It was funny watching an old rc10t running circles around the modern short course trucks :lol:.Unfortunately,I couldnt post the pics i took for some reason. However,Id like to set up another meet for monday,3/25/13 at 7:00pm at OCRC in Huntington Beach. I know some people couldnt make it due to last minute obligations.Hopefully well have have a larger turn out this time. Hopefully this is enough notice for you guys who would like to attend. If anyone has stuff for b/s/t,please feel free to bring it. Hope to see you guys there.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

I just checked the little league schedule, we are open that Monday :) Hopefully I will have a couple things for bst/trade and a couple surprises.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com