LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ca-rj
Approved Member

Re: LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post by ca-rj »

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I race at Pegasus (red Tamiya TRF201 for those who go there). I pre-ordered 2 of the new RC10's with the plan to make one a runner. My plans are to run a brushed setup with a Trinity P2K motor and a Tekin G11 ESC. Once I get my car, I hope to come out and join you guys.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at OCRC soon. After running at OCRC,I doubt youll want to go back to Pegasus to run. Running at this track is like night and day compared to the Montclair track. Even when I lived in La Verne,I would rather drive to HB than run on the track at pegasus. OCRC will definitely spoil you.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Easy there...I will take Pegasus over OCRC any day. Outdoor is where dirt belongs :)

I like OCRC, dont get me wrong, that goes for all the indoor tracks, I like them all. They require a different set up and driving style.

Pegasus is especially great after the sun goes down, the dirt holds the moisture and traction becomes high.

Back on topic...sorry I missed last night, hopefully my work schedule settles down, it would have been rough last night being I was up just before 3 am for work that morning.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Pegasus is less than 10 mins from my house and driving any further to race is probably not going to happen. If there is a large enough vintage class at OCRC, I might come out and race but otherwise I'll stick with Pegasus.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

Maybe Pegasus has improved the track surface since I was there last. The last time I ran there,I walked away with a muddy car,wet electronics,and a broken control arm from one of the many rocks strewn about the track. The guy who took care of the track would bust out the water hose without warning and go to town turning that loose,sandy,rock infested track into lake superior while cars were still running. I love outdoor tracks. I grew up on them. Ascot,Hobby Bench Raceway,Ranch Pit Shop,Hot Rods,Revelation,and Breakaway Raceway. Those are tracks that I would love to run on again if given the chance. Pegasus is the first and only track that Ive walked away from without ever looking or going back. At that time,I was driving from La Verne to So Cal Raceway in Fountain Valley 3 times a week. Next time Im at Pegasus for parts,Ill check out the track. Hopefully it has improved with time. If so,Ill give it a second chance.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Pegasus has changed drastically over the past year +

I agree, the "old" Pegasus left a lot to be desired. There is now a full time track guy, continuous maintenance on the track, watering schedule, announcing system, music. Pit tables were refreshed and track surface is great. Rarely does it break apart and become inconsistent, driving during the middle of a hot day, it will dry out, but still has good traction. Once the moisture stays in the dirt, traction comes up, tire wear becomes non-existent. I have been on the same set of HoleShots on my SCT for a couple months now, even longer for the front tires, Panther Raptors.

I love what we do @ OCRC, getting together, helping each other on the cars, running some laps (not racing a vintage class yet, we need more participants). The BST is always full of things, the other racers come by constantly and marvel over the cars. Its a great thing we need to continue to grow, maybe there will be actual vintage racing tested there, I will be ready and willing.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Joey, are you planning to go to Peg any time soon? I'd love to take a closer look at your car.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

maybe next weekend, this weekend is tied up already
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

Looking forward to running some vintage stuff Monday night at oc/rc. I'll try to be there by 7pm. See everyone there!
Old school racing all the way!

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

no bueno for me tonight...washer broke, I will be working on taking it apart so I can replace it after I have a pile of useless parts :lol: :lol:
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Gents. I'm up for a trip up to the OC from the SD. I need another OCRC fix and hope I can make one more work before work gets busy later this summer.

Joey, good luck at the really effin scorching HOT Rod event later on this month. I saw you're going again and I'm rooting for ya! Don't melt.
- Brian -

My Gallery

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Supposed to be 20 degrees cooler this year :)

I'm out this coming Monday, I will be in your area, SD :) Vacation/zoo/the like with the kids.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

JK Racing wrote:no bueno for me tonight...washer broke, I will be working on taking it apart so I can replace it after I have a pile of useless parts :lol: :lol:
I should add that yes, I bought a new washer, no, I cannot fix one like an RC10. :oops: :oops:
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

I'm going to be out as well for the next couple of Mondays. Paying my dues........ I've still got those jg parts for ya Brian, set aside safe for when we next run into each other. Joey, good luck at the shootout I know you'll be running the atomik and the tub, but I'm root'n for the vintage racers in general!!! Erik, buy my brushless lrp speedo! :mrgreen:
Old school racing all the way!

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

Lets try for Monday,July 29 to resume the meet. Mike,Im totally looking forward to slamming that speedo into my blitz. Ive been really enjoying the transition from vintage to short course.