2014 Nordic Indoor Vintage Challenge

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hcp22
Approved Member

Re: 2014 Nordic Indoor Vintage Challenge

Post by Hcp22 »

The registration is now open, so please feel free to sign up the race! https://swe.letsrace.se/races
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Her is the whole race, 8 hours of film... so place enjoy :D

[youtube]watch?v=QEZjvNd88T8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUN9qPzj0nI2ZQ8qSNFkS64g[/youtube]
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

some great pics lars.

i love the shots of the grasshopper!

when you come to the next vonats you have to bring the guy with the grasshopper. he looks like a fun dude! :lol:

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

kaiser wrote:some great pics lars.

i love the shots of the grasshopper!

when you come to the next vonats you have to bring the guy with the grasshopper. he looks like a fun dude! :lol:

He is Norwegian and he is a funny guy, his grasshopper was like a missile on the straightway, and as a snail in the turns! He will arrange next NVC in Norway Oslo in the beginning of August this summer, more about that soon in a new thread. If this upcoming outdoor race goes well I think NVC is established, because next year's NVC indoor race is already decided, but the date is not set yet. 8)

Me and Joel's trip to VONats last year have started nice trend in Scandinavia for vintage racing. I wrote lots about my Tomahawk R built and the trip it selves on the Swedish forum (http://rsb.se/arena/forumdisplay.php?32-Nostalgi). I started writing about it 6-7 month before VONats, and I left reports every night during the trip to. My purpose was to inspire more Swede's to do the trip, I never expected there would be a NVC-race. The resend for that is that I tried to arrange a Nordic vintage race in 2011 and 5 people showed up. :shock: So I'm wary pleased with the development so far... :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

This is the result from the Nordic Vintage Challenge.

It was close racing in the end, epically in 2WD and 4WD for first and second place. I was amazed how fast this car runs on this indoor “Mickey Mouse” carpet track. The guy that ended up second in 4WD told me that he was faster with his Top Force EVO than he is with his modern car and hotter motor on this track. He said “fist thing Monday morning I will order a milder motor for my modern car” and so he did.

For me that hadn’t been driving sins VONats this Mickey Mouse track is a bit scary, there is only room for small driver’s error, the walls are hard and there was a gigantic jump on the straightaway. I had to change the front homemade steel axle twice on the Tomahawk, but nothing ells broke on the car.
Eskilstuna Indoor Track.jpg
Driving with rubber slicks on the carpet was a new experience for me. Back in the days we used 1:8 scale foam tires for indoor carpet race and tire traction additive vas not allowed in 1:10 buggy. Whit todays rubber slicks you are allowed to use odorless tire traction additive. This gives you dam good traction, I did some wheelies with my Scorpion. The downside is that you have to clean the tires with Bräkleen (brake cleaner) and a towel. If you don’t clean the tires after every heat you will end up with a slippery car (like a wet soup). The guys who race on a regular basis had glows; my black stains on my hands disappeared after a week… LoL
Bräkleen.jpg
As you can see from the results, some guy drove in all 3 classes. And I don’t understand how they did manage that… because after your heat you have to be marshal for the next upcoming heat, and we were only 6 heats in total, 2 in each class. I did 2 classes, and after the first round of finals I gave up my Turbo Scorpion in 2WD.

Now we looking forward to outdoor NVC-race in Oslo Norway.
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback