Say hello!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Sabba

Say hello!

Post by Sabba »

Hello greetings from Germany

in the 80th I raced with differnt cars. First with a Sg Futura V, followed by a SG Futura VCS (I still have it) and a Serpent Quattro 2WD (I've got it too).
Beside racing I got a Carlsson (crashed completely) a Graupner Expert Car (I sold). Than I stopped racing and started my buisiness....

And now I found my SG Space/Red one.... and in winter I want to get it run again.

Next year I plan to try out an offroad, because here are some nice big race tracks but only for offroad.

Greetings
RF
Attachments
SG_Space.jpg

Bonjourpeewee

Time for me to chime in I suppose

Post by Bonjourpeewee »

Greetings from Richmond Va!
I got started in the mid 80's after I realized my futaba radio gear could fit in a car. I destroyed my rc plane on its first takeoff....I was 12...
First car was a grasshopper, then a brat, both of which I built on my own and then wore down to nubs of plastic and epoxy. They are surely landfill by now, but I would kill for them...Fast forward to recently when I saw, by chance, that the scorpion had been reissued. The only car I coveted more, and never owned was the rc10. That box art! I happened onto a rerelease at a local store over the summer and am in the process of wearing it down to a nub of gold aluminum and white plastic. I haven't even touched the body....
I LOVE the RC10! That transmission is just so awesomely weird, the way it sits down when you accelerate, and how it hugs a turn. I knew the grasshopper was a joke, but not to the extent I now do.
Thinking of getting a worlds, or an srb rerelease next, or maybe a b5m? I love the nostalgia factor, but I'm also having so much fun driving the scorpion and rc10. Been having fun reading the board for a while and thought I should jump in.
Hi!
I'll take some pics In the near future

vintage alpha

Re: Say hello!

Post by vintage alpha »

Hi from UK new on here i have a 16 yr old kyosho had it from new been smashed and re-built numerous times not the most sort after model either but it was my first and ill never part with it its a pureten alpha yeh the one with the ugly brown chassis lol it has currently a 15t sport motor 5300mah battery and a 12t waterproof esc just done a nissan pulsar gti-r shell in white with new chrome wheels and super grippy tyres it has been turned into just rwd with a tamiya diff with i have locked off.

I have an issue with getting parts for this as they only save the parts info for 10 yrs if any one can help with this it would be great it is a 1998 kyosho pureten alpha first one they did