new member!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.
ipenalosa

new member!

Post by ipenalosa »

Hello All,
My name is Isaac, i had introduced in this world since i was a child, in 1991 when my parents was given a present for my 12 birthday, one kit of Kyosho raider.

The first modification that my father and me was done, it was put all ball bearings in the car, after that buy a Team Novak ESC, one yokomo motor... i t was more faster!!! ;-)
After we modified the gear box, swapping one of the pinions , it was more more faster, but in this conditions it was not posible to run in a TT circuit, it was better to an On Road circuit.
To do it better , we made an aluminium chassis and installed oil shocks. after we do a carbon fiber chassis.... We made our "PROTO Raider" This is the name that we put ;-)
When i have more time i upload some photos of that.

A few years after, we bought an associated 2 TC3 RTR for my brother and me, and one Factory Team to me father. 2 RTR was upgrading little by little to a factory Team...

Now, i was buy another Raider, and i was restoring... i have in mind some ideas like doing better the transmission with ball bearing differential, install some cardan instead of paliers,oil shocks, brushless motor, etc... and little by little i was buying parts to do it....

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: new member!

Post by Coelacanth »

Welcome, Isaac! I'm sure we'd love to see pictures of your Proto-Raider...and any other projects you have. I enjoy seeing vintage cars like the Raider be upgraded and improved. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

ipenalosa

Post by ipenalosa »

Hello,

I have found some photos about my raider, but only outside photos, i need to go to my parents house and take the car....

here is it!

evildodge1

Post by evildodge1 »

hello rc10 talk community my name is Ed. im from cape cod mass. usa. ive been into rc cars since a kid and then had kids so rc hobby went on the back burner. for the past couple years ive bought some clean vintage a stamps one being an edinger that was put together wrong and put away for decades until i bought it. then the fire was ignited for more. i bought a few more and still look to buy cool vintage stuff. i recently join this forum for the info that is so benifitial to me with my builds. ive learnd more here than any rc mag on the planet. i ask that you all welcome me because i have many questions to ask thanx alot Ed