Hi from UK

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

primesera

Hi from UK

Post by primesera »

Hey guys and gals.

I'm looking forward to talking to you all in the future but first a bit about me...

I started racing in the late 80's with a Mardave Meteor which quickly was replaced by a Schumacher Topcat that Christmas, which then turned into a Cougar etc etc :)

The last car I was racing when I was about 13 was a Yokomo 870 that had been modded with a top deck so was really like the US version of the YZ10 I guess. That was a car I loved but video games and teenage stubboness led me to stop racing.

Many years later (now 37) I have got back into racing (mostly due to my older brother doing the same) and I robbed a load of vintage Cougar/topcat bits from my bro to make up a car. That then turned into buying parts cars from ebay etc, you guys know how it is. I ran a mish mash Cougar for a few races at my local RC club which was fun but I needed a more reliable car with up-to-date electrics to really compete hence now having a brushless system Losi 22 which is rather nice and I am enjoying that.

I did however during the rekindling of my RC fun, get into drifting old touring cars around car parks with a friend and my first purchase was a HPI Sprint which came with a incomplete car I'd never seen before. Much time has passed and my obsession with Yokomo is bugger than ever as that car turned out to be a YR4-Compact. That car is now my drift car and I have two others, one compact that was new in the box, that sits on a shelf, one M2 special that is a parts car and an M2 Pro that I plan to, hopefully, make into a YZ10/870C/Works car that I can have fun with at my local car club. I'll start a build thread in the Yokomo section for that.

I'll put some pics below, some vintage ones from the 90's (my cougar days) and the others from my my journey back to RC fun.

Hope to speak soon

Yokomo YR4 Compact with rare Lotus body (came from a friend at Lotus was just in the warehouse)

Current built/running fleet

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Hi from UK

Post by Coelacanth »

Welcome, and nice pictures! Love the old race-day photos. I'd like to see more pics of the black & gold on-road car in the second-last photo...is that a Mazda RX-7 body? I don't think I've ever seen that body before.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Good stuff!
Welcome

primesera

Post by primesera »

Cheers for the comments.

It is an RX7 FB shell made by Tamiya for a short wheelbase version of the TT series I think.
The car is my drift YR4 and my first one I purchased. It's a bit rough around the edges but it's a good drifter. The paintwork on the shell was inspired by an import car company's RX7 in America. Just loved the colour scheme and fortunately the shell fit the Compact YR4 perfectly.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Nice car, thanks for sharing. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

alcyon
Approved Member

Post by alcyon »

Tha RX-7 looks great ! and those SSR MK1 replica wheels complement the looks.