Newbie to this forum, not to the Hobby!

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Twangmaster

Newbie to this forum, not to the Hobby!

Post by Twangmaster »

Hi All. I just found this site after getting back into rc cars & trucks after a 20 (!) year layoff. I started off in RC with airplanes when I was a kid, longer ago than I'd care to admit. Been building planes from kits, and doing some scratch building for most of that time. Currently flying with a fleet of 8, from a couple of electric foamies, up to a 50CC Ultimate. I always have the most fun doing aerobatics, not so much the 3d stuff (...get a helicopter if you want), but more of the classic pattern and IMAC stuff.

I first got involved with RC Cars back in the 80's. First car... and RC10 of course. Upgrades were constant with that thing. Raced at an indoor track when I lived in Portland, Oregon, and had pretty good luck with it on race night with it for a couple of years. Eventually wound up with a graphite pan, wide front end, and I think I changed every piece of the suspension at least twice. Had a whole box full of different motors and batteries.

Got back into it a couple of months ago with a Brushless 2wd Slash. So far, I've done the suspension arms, shocks, front aluminum camber blocks and bearing carriers. Working on some experimenting with different tires and wheels. My neighbor and I have started to develop a track in my backyard that includes about a 75 back straight and some various hairpins, etc. Going to be putting in some jumps here soon.

So far I'm really impressed with the newer car technology with using Lipos and Brushless motors. This thing is FAST! Much faster than the old RC10 was back in the day, and it was no slouch for it's time.

I have managed to pickup a gold pan RC10 from a buddy that I'm wanting to build into a dirt oval car, either a Late model or Outlaw sprinter. So far, I haven't found a build thread for that sort of conversion, so If anybody knows of one please let me know!

Oh, and the Handle I use? That's from a very long love affair with a Stratocaster and straight ahead rock. I've spent a few decades of standing in front of a Marshall or other high power amp so speak up a bit.... I've got this ringing going on in my head! :wink: