Hello from Cape Coral, FL

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Joe6Pack74

Hello from Cape Coral, FL

Post by Joe6Pack74 »

Hello, I have been checking out this board for a few months. I have a renewed interest in RC cars, my girlfriends son has a Traxxas Rustler and Stampede. We like running them around but only one has complete running gear. It would be cool if we could race two at a time so I am building a RC10. That is the car I really wanted 20 some years ago when I was into this. I have had a Tamiya Grasshopper and a Fire Dragon. Loved how stout they both were. The RTR crap makes me sad, half the fun was putting them together. Even toys of the time you had to put together. So I am teaching him how to work a mill and metal lathe and make parts. That is my goal with this. Make as many parts as I can out of aluminum. Anyways I have a A stamp frame I bought for the suspension parts. The frame is toast as it is all bent to hell. My B frame is strait and I will be using it as a starting point. Look forward to chatting with the folks on this board.

R Cane
Approved Member

Re: Hello from Cape Coral, FL

Post by R Cane »

Looking forward to some pics of your project.

Welcome!

CVRrc

Re: Hello from Cape Coral, FL

Post by CVRrc »

Looking forward to seeing what you make on your lathe. Good luck with your project.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris

Loving all things RC