New from AL- What do I have?

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dblack

New from AL- What do I have?

Post by dblack »

I recently purchased a Craigslist "lot" of RC cars.

I mainly got it because it had a couple of trucks that I have so I can use as parts/make loaners. However, it came with what I think is a T3 (based on extra parts that it has in packages), but I just wanted to see if you guys could confirm that is what it is.

My son (5yo) has decided this will be his so I will have to get it sorted out some how haha.
I tested the driveline and it works as it should so I will need to throw in some electronics and fix the broken pieces and we should be on the road.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: New from AL- What do I have?

Post by matt1ptkn »

That is actually a Duratrax Evader ST. It was a clone, of sorts, of the Team Losi XXT. Unfortunately, that's the extent of my knowledge on it. Welcome to the forum!
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Duratrax Evader ST
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

dblack

Post by dblack »

Thanks guys.

I guess the "Duratrax" battery hold down should have been a tip off, huh? :)

dblack

Post by dblack »

Well... We got it going and broke it in the same day :)

Broke an axle about 20 minutes in. Seeing as I did not have any replacements I decided to try and make something work with what I have.

So, with a little drilling, a little dremeling, and some head scratching I got it going again with an ECX Ruckus/Torment rear carrier/transmission set up.

So it is the Duratrax Evader until the shock tower and then it has the Ruckus/Torment suspension arms, trans, mount, and bumper.

The reasoning for this is I have 3 or 4 spares of about every part that could break on that end of things so I should be able to get it back moving quick if it breaks again.

Castle Sv2 ESC, Traxxas Velineon 3500 motor, Spektrum DX2E transmitter/receiver. All still needs a bit of tweaking but for letting the kid run around the yard it is pretty fun.