Show off your completed models here.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Forum rules
No posting in other users topics!
vsefiream
Approved Member

Vsefiream's rescues

Post by vsefiream »

I've been a member here for almost a year or so now. I have been a huge RC10 fan since I was a teen and purchesed my first RC10 in '88. I've had a bunch since then. In the last year I've gone off the deep end buying and selling RC10s just for the fun of it. I'm definitly not making any money but I'm having fun building different flavors of RC10's. So... I thought I'd start a thread on all the different cars I've been building and turning over to build more. I'll try to keep them in order and maybe a small description:

The sickness started earlier this with this fine example that I found listed along with a few other RC's on Clist locally:

Next was a car I bought by "accident" aka hasty bidding finger. I cleaned it up and promptly resold it:

This one was a pile of parts I bought from my brother. He found it on Clist locally. I put steel idlers in it, painted up a new body and built it up on a set of JC Racing wheels

A fun 6 gear runner, seen better days but solid runner:

A late Edinger era car rebuilt stock:

Another late Edinger, well used but still a stout roller:

A nice Stealth CE with the white worlds style rear arms and box art body:

One of my fav's it's a 6 gear with some nice upgrades like B2 wheels, velcro body mounts, full bearings and a great color scheme IMHO

The latest is a late all black CE stealth car. It's setup like a worlds car with Carbon Works shock towers and hardcoated shocks.

Up next is a car I call "Black, Blue, Bad and Brushless". It's nearing completetion in the next week or two. Most of these are stock style builds. Maybe a OIN later but the big deal will be the custom 4wd car I have on the back burner.

I'm having way too much fun....

vsefiream
Approved Member

Re: Vsefiream's rescues

Post by vsefiream »

One other car slipped in before Black and blue has been finished,

This car was built mostly out of spare parts. The chassis has been cut down very nicely but the mod has left it as flexible as a wet noodle so i made a pair of carbon fiber backbone braces to stiffen it up. It has yellow B2 wheels as with previous cars I've built.

Now probably one of my favorite RC10's so far, I named it Black and Blue for obvious reasons:

I decided to move this one along as a roller and save myself the hastle of outfitting it with a brushless system, just to risky for resale.

I have two more cars in process before I get to the frankenstein creations of mine. One is a Cadillac vintage with chromed (painted) rims and wide arm conversion. It should be complete in a week or two with a Futaba Attack R stick radio and full electronics. The second is another black plastic Championship Edition built stock with full Futaba electronics.
As for the Franken cars, I have a SC car that I'm building out of parts from an RC10 and various other manufacturers. And the last will be a 4wd built using many of the same parts that I'm testing on the SC vehicle.

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

I have a few better pics from the Ebay auction of my last couple of cars. As with all of my cars, these were completely rebuilt. I painted both bodies and did all the photography. As I mentioned, I'm having fun building these, people seem to like the cars when they get them.

Some of the latest pics of Black and Blue before it found a new home:

Latest sale was this late CE car with all black plastics. It was completely stock unlike my last late CE

More to come....

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Here are my latest couple cars:

First up is the "Purple Thing". It's just a nice runner, all parts dyed black and a used body:

Next up is "Casper", an early CE 6 gear runner:

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

A couple more of my rebuilds:

"That crazy 80's car" Just when you thought Purple thing looked crazy.... With chrome wheels, blue plastics, and a bright pink body, you need to be secure in your masculinity with this RC10. Of course If I had said that in the listing it would have never sold :shock:

Next one is a Graphite 6 gear RC10 that had a worn out kick up. So not being the one to waste the rest of the chassis, I carefully cut the front off and set it up with a gold nose piece and a gold rear chassis brace that I made from an old chassis.

OK so it's not an RC10 but I really liked this car, bummed when it sold as I was going to keep it :cry:

A good 'ol fashioned Team car in good shape:

More to come soon

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Some more builds:

Monster RC10:
Vintage composite chassis, A&L trans and steering, pre-painted body, and wheels dyed yellow to match or at least close.

Black RC10T:

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

A few more cars have rolled out of my underground lab:

My first DS, I really like this car, it's mostly stock:

A nice classic gold pan RC10 with a vintage Protech body and correct 4" wide wing:

Another classic gold pan fully restored and whitened:

A back halved RPM worlds Team car with a worlds style front end conversion:

A few more to come over the next month then I think things will start to slow down as I focus on my own car(s)

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

A few more, these are probably the last two major builds I have done without any intentions on keeping. The next major build will be finishing my Composite Craft RPM worlds car in roughly a month's time. So here they are:

Blue and Black, aka Black and Blue's better looking sister:

Next is a car that you can drive anytime and not feel bad about ruining a rare car: It's my Worlds Car Replica:

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Latest truck build using an Andy's body. I did not do the paint work on this one.

I have a few more builds in the works...

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

My latest creations:

A nice Team car with an as recieved body:

A gold pan runner, it is a similar car to my very first RC10!!:

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

A few more builds to add to the list;

I found this graphite car on Ebay screeming to be rescued. I bought it at a fair price and took it under my wing. After cleaning and respraying the chassis with a correct looking clear coat, it looked darn good:

The next car was one I had called Swiss cheese worlds car in the buggy forum. I was able to locate a much better chassis for it and get it back into presentable shape. I included a Viper body I had done up in the worlds colors, it was good but not as good as ones I had done in the past:

That brings my grand total up to 30 RC10 buggies and trucks refurbished in less than two years!! :shock: That's not including any of the other brands I have refurbed so far. A couple Ofnas, one shown here, a few Stampedes, a Bolink, a few tamiyas etc. Some call this therapy, some a hobby, others a side business, and yet some call it an addiction..... wonder why??

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Another installment of my orphan RC10 rescues:

A fun on road pre-DS RC10. Unknown chassis type:

I call this one RatRod, it's a little rough around the edges and it's black with flames!!:

I have 6-10 builds comming up in the next month. I'll be offering a few here in the BST section first before hitting Ebay and then eventually here in this thread

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

A few more, I've slowed my output and somehow accelerated my intake. I have 20 RC10s on hand right now, 15 are to be sold after refurb/rebuild. So I'm just starting to ramp up again.

First though a pic of my son's car with a body I painted for him:

A nice later CE with black arms in good shape with another body I painted:

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

A few more recent cars:

A nice late Graphite car often mistakenly called a "Graphite worlds car" with a body I painted:

An all black Team Car racer from back in the day:

A clean Team Car with a body I painted:

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Wow, I've been slacking, blame it on Facebook, it's been so much easier to post there but this group is where it's at! Here are a couple more of my builds. First my Halsey "tribute" car. It's NOT a replica but a very close "tribute". The difference is that this is recognizable but not a 100% replica. Honestly it was more fun that way as it has the look and the freedom to build it however I saw fit. Either way, I have given my lame excuse :roll: so here it is lol:

Next up is a worn but solid trooper of a Worlds Car. It has rere steering, body and battery strap, B2 rear wheels, and aftermarket decals. A couple upgrades like ti turnbuckles and MIP axles were added. It's a solid performer that I would race anyday!

Group photo of two champs: