Show off your completed models here.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Forum rules
No posting in other users topics!
TM Ru22311
Approved Member

TM's Garage

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Hello fella's :D Well, I don't have much to show in my garage just yet, but I have been busy and will be updating later on. I sort of got into this hobby late and it's something that just "Happened." It all started with this Tomahawk. Originally, I was going to sell the chassis to fund my RC heli addiction, but after spending a lot of time with this buggy....I just couldn't do it. In fact, I was on a mission to complete it no matter what.

I will be adding quite a few more buggies to the garage soon (since I am now an addict) but here is what I have finished. Remember, this is my first RC car build EVER! I had a Kyosho Raider back in the day, but it came built and I regrettably abused it.

Many of you that have seen the build log (http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34768) know that this Tommy has came a long way.
I wanted it to be as original as possible (or as much as my finances would allow). It took many months locating parts and a lot of hard work & patience, but this was my first step into a new hobby :)

TM

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Re: TM's Garage

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Been awhile since I updated my garage, so here are a few more models I finished. Hope you like them.

Kyosho Ultima

This one was built using mostly new parts. TBG body & MCI decals, everything else is original

Kyosho Ultima Outlaw

Another one built with mostly new parts. TBG body & MCI decals. I had to get creative for the side panels

Kyosho Javelin

This was a basket case when I bought it, but a little love and lots of new parts and it turned out nice.
Added Turbo Optima stabilizers, chassis guard and counter gear/shaft w/limiter spring to create a Turbo Javelin.
Also added platinum shocks to match the aluminum.

Update

Added a few details to the Javelin. Bought a rear motor guard with the anodize scuffed, so I decided to remove it all and polish it for this build.
Also cut some aluminum tubing to cover the upper & tie rods for a cleaner look and to match the theme. Now all I need is to decide on a motor
and order a Pargu alloy wing.

Kyosho Ultima II

This was a craigslist find that needed much love. TBG body & MCI decals.

Kyosho Scorpion

This was another vintage buggy that needed a FULL restoration. TBG body & MCI decals.
I went with the Cox decals so that it would stand out from all the re-re's out now. Front tires are 2014
and rims are Pargu's. I managed to salvage everything else, including the tub.

I have many more buggies I am currently working on and will update again soon ;)

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Optima Mid

This is a Mid that I salvaged from The Netherlands. Needed full restoration and various new parts.
TBG body & MCI decals.

Turbo Optima Mid SE

Here is a Mid SE I bought that needed very little. Original body, MCI decals. I couldn't pass on the price for this one.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Turbo Ultima

One of my all time favorites. I happened upon a bronzed chassis and immediately started this build. Scored the Option House Platinum shocks from eBay, top deck fabricated by GoMach (Jeff) and the usual TBG body and MCI decals. I am still waiting on properly scaled decals from MCI and also, I have the correct rear tires (Option House w-5032) that are being treated at the moment.

When the decals are finished and tires mounted, I will update ;)

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Celebration Optima

I always wanted a Celebration kit or better yet, a Celebration Optima. Because those are ultra rare and NIP Celebration kits are VERY expensive, I bought this Pargu kit. I ended up getting the kit plus side & motor guards for less than half of what a Celebration kit sell for now. After cleaning up all my Optima parts and finished this build, I was very happy with the results. I used baby gold shocks from the Progress, died the shock parts black and painted an original set of (not so pretty) Optima rims to match. Unsure of what to do with the body. Leaning toward keeping it clear to show all the beautiful gold. A LeMan's 480G was the obvious choice of motors ;)

Update

I finally got the proper wheels that would have been included in the Celebration kit. I still like the look of the Baby Golds though ;)

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Sidewinder

This was an ebay find. Came with unpainted body and original decals already applied. I decided to do a complete tear down and a light restoration was all that was needed with this one. I was very surprised that I actually won this one and even more surprised at the condition it was in upon arrival. Thanks to Scoot Mike for showing me this and thank God that he already had a few nice ones already :D

Many more buggies to come. I have about half a dozen that just need paint and decals applied.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

This one was a complete restoration. New tires were needed for the front but the rest of the parts cleaned up very well. As always, body/wing is from TBG and decals from MCI.
I had GoMach (Jeff Malar) make the battery holders and esc deck. The manual called for a SPA 240WS and I happened to have one NIB just for this build. Decals are just a touch off scale
but overall, it turned out very nice.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

1987 Joel Johnson Ultima Tribute

I have to give a TON of credit to Daniel Rowlands for all the help with this build. Having the original in hand and sending me dimensions to get this as close to the original as possible was a HUGE help.
Also for sending that LiteSpeed dye for the front rims ;) Roger Pangilinan and Scoot Mike for their donations and The "Magic Man" himself, Mr. Joel Johnson for taking the time to send me some signatures!
I still have to add all the electrics, but they are all here (cells, esc, rx and even those Pound coins) :D

My collection is mainly Optima, Ultima and Circuit 1000 series but this will probably always remain my favorite buggy.

Many more to come

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Turbo Scorpion

This was built using a few rere parts, but all original parts were a gift from my good friend ScootMike. I did a few restorations for him and he showed his appreciation with this beautiful buggy.
Front wheels, rear rims, tub and rollbar are re-release parts. Alloy roof and rear wing mount are from Pargu. Body/wing are TBG and decals are from MCI. Wildcat tires are mounted on the rear, but looking
to get some repro's from Marwan soon. Probably the hardest paint job I have done yet (Not really an artist) :/ But I am happy with the way it turned out. Since the original 360E motor is (near) impossible to find, I went with a 600E, which matches the theme nicely.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

RC10DS

It's no secret, I love Kyosho RC buggies. But, occasionally I do build other stuff and since this is an RC10 forum......lol
This started with a freshly powder coated pan. Wasn't sure which direction to take it in and then I came upon a full set of DS parts. Only problem is I didn't have one of those cool bodies they came with :( So, I found this New Bright Dodge Charger hard body on ebay and it struck an idea. Since I live in Michigan, I always liked the State Trooper cars (except when they are behind you) But they are pretty unique. Having MCI make some custom decals was the easy part, finding a HUGE red light for the roof was not. After many hours of scouring ebay, I found this industrial indicator light.

The front bumper guard is from Vaterra and yes I do have a light kit, but haven't installed it yet.
I am using a Spektrum rx with AUX, so I am hoping it will all work when I finish it. I am also waiting on the hood sign that is
being custom made. Update pics later.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

RC10T

One thing that always bugged me about the 10T was the front fender well being so offset. I wanted to do something different with this build and when I seen this Chevy S10 Blazer body, I knew right away this was the one. It actually looks very similar to one I drove years ago (minus those humongous tires) which are RPM BTW and a few other upgrades. Body is from TBG and custom decals from MCI. I used a metallic blue paint to really set it off. Honestly, I have never drove this thing, but it looks like it will haul some A$$. I installed a Hobbywing 13.5T/2500KV brushless combo in it and would like to try it out soon. :roll: I made the rear spoiler out of kydex. No S10 Blazer is complete without one!

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Kyosho Turbo Ultima II

This was built collecting parts over time. I wouldn't have been able to build it without the help of Roger (Highway Racer) and Scoot Mike. Those guys are always saving my butt with parts :D TBG body/wing and MCI decals (per usual) and some nice used parts that cleaned up very well and this is what I got.

One day I will go back and properly tie the wiring on these buggies, lol

Many more to come! Thank you for looking.
T.M.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Ahhh Crap! :roll: