Show off your completed models here.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Forum rules
No posting in other users topics!
stevejc
Approved Member

My collection

Post by stevejc »

I spent yesterday finnishing off the paint on a couple of cars, so I figured its time to put some of my collection up on here.

First is my oldest Losi JRX2 PRO. I bought one car in the hope of restoring it, but when it arrived i realised it was knackered having been sat in a shed, or possibly a pond for some time, good thing was it had a few upgrades. Ended buying 3 more knackered cars before i had enough good parts to complete the one car i wanted. Each car had different upgrades on it so the end result is quite well fitted out. The LWB chassis, towers, and JRXT front bumper were covered in marks so i tidied it up by covering it in carbon fibre vinyl. Fitted it with the 5 link setup which is my favourite feature of all my cars, threw some red alloy nuts here and there, uprated steering cranks with bearings and strenthening plate, rose jointed arms, alloy servo mount, front body mount conversion, alloy gearbox internals, slipper clutch with all new bearings, white super-slider drive shaft, polished 'JRX2' etched motor plate Team Losi performance motor which was a gift from my boss. He gave me an old Tamiya to sell on and the motor was in it, sweet, so i whipped it out before selling the rest of the car on. It took me a while to find a set of the branded wheels in white, they are fitted with tyres that came with one of the cars new SWB body, wing and gear cover. The end result is a car with no slack anywhere and considering the dross i started with, it feels quite new as all the parts on it were referbished fully before putting it back together with new bearings throughout. Once it was finnished I almost made my money back when i sold the leftovers. Just needs battery mount and servo tray to complete it.

stevejc
Approved Member

Re: My collection

Post by stevejc »

Next my Losi xxcr Kinwald. Thought it was a standard xx with some blue bits on it until it arrived and i saw the manual that came with it. It was in very good condition as it hadnt been raced and had hardly been used, all it needed was a replacement for a broken front hub and bent hinge pin. The white nylon steering parts and front bulkhead were very yellow so i dyed them red. All blue alloy parts were stripped and polished. The chassis is full graphite and titainium and has the addition of alloy rear hubs. New bearings and wheels with tyres that came with the car. Alloy nuts and screws here and there, new repro body and wing. Front wing from Losi xxx.

ImageImage

stevejc
Approved Member

Post by stevejc »

While I was building the xx I knew a xxx of some sort would be next. I saw a listing for a brand new xxxcr kit complete with an Atomic Carbon carbon fibre conversion kit. I bought it. Then Got a few more upgrades and ended up with a rather nice example of the xxx. Brass front pivot block, alloy front skid plate, alloy front bumper, high downforce front wing, exotek steering brace, alloy servo posts, red alloy nuts, xxx fan mount and guard, Losi 22 rear wing and lower rear wing made from centre part of high downforce kit.White RPM tie rod ends. Graphite front arms, EA3 rear arms, Schumacher tyres and proline (i think) 3 spoke wheels. The body is the standard xxxcr body but has been cut about a fair bit to fit the mods. The red on the body is Tamiya clear red, clear pearl, more clear red, and Anodized silver backed with black. Pictures never seem to do it justice, it looks incredable in the sun.

stevejc
Approved Member

Post by stevejc »

Once the xxx was done i still had the itch to do something else, so i figured the next step would be a Losi 22. There didnt seem to be anything availabe other than the standard type and that didnt really fit with my collection so far, and they were all modded in some way. Then this interesting thing popped up complete with a second standard car in the deal. Good job the standard car was there as this one, a Vega Elite conversion, had been heavily raced and needed alot of work to make it good. It came complete with full front and rear alloy hub set up which was nice and unexpected. Ive added carbon fibre rear mud guards, exotek full alloy steering kit, TLR alloy servo posts and alloy front camber block. The front shock tower in the Vega kit was carbon fibre but didnt have a centre brace, i prefered the look of the TLR version do added one of those. The rear carbon tower was badly cracked si I loaded it with superglue and clamped it up overnight. Next day i waxed it and it looks as good as new. DE Racing wheels with white carbon inserts and Duratrax tyres, fitted with unusual allen head bolts at the front of unknown make. The original Vega body was a cab forward design so that had to go and i fount that the xxx body fitted quite well, so i found a Jconcepts Illuzion body and chopped it around to fit, and added a xxx high downforce rear wing. There was also 2 different rear lower bumpers, so i fitted both of them to this. It may not be vintage but I think it has something different about it to make it special enough to be on here. Hope you like.

stevejc
Approved Member

Post by stevejc »