Vintage Motors

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Vintage Motors

Post by Eau Rouge »

While cleaning in the shop this afternoon, I found some of my favorite vintage motors, and I thought I'd share.

The first photo is my collection of original Checkpoint U.S.-made motors. Hens teeth in the R/C vintage world. A couple of those bad boys are never-run new.

The second photo shows a few of my other motors, including NOS Revtech 13t and a bevy of Twisters. There's a Wimpy stocker thrown in there for good measure, too.

I think I may be one of the few guys here that gets off more on the vintage electronics than the cars, themselves. :D
Attachments
motors.jpg
motors.jpg (129.85 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
motors.jpg
motors.jpg (129.85 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
checkpoint_motors.jpg
checkpoint_motors.jpg (177.47 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
checkpoint_motors.jpg
checkpoint_motors.jpg (177.47 KiB) Viewed 3611 times

bscotti
Approved Member

Post by bscotti »

Nice, real nice.

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

Big Jim's checkpoint motors rule. you have quite a collection there doug,i like thoes sticker sheets.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I'd have to admit, when it comes to R/C collecting, I've been a Checkpoint & early Fantom whore. I can't control myself when it comes to those motors. I'm infatuated with Revtechs and Twisters, too.

As a person, Big Jim was kind of a tool, but he was an R/C pioneer and developer, and built & designed some of the greatest electric motors EVER.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

wow great collection of motors. those checkpoints are some of my favorites.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Nice collection!

Eau Rouge, I dig the old electronics too. I saw a lot of Checkpoints on ebay the other day. I had no plans on buying them but wanted to watch for the closing price. Wrong, I wasn't watching the auction. Did anyone pick those up?

I met a guy at the track who said he was sponsored by Twister and had boat loads of those motors. If I score some, I'll let you know. PS I'm running that CAM tonight! It burned one of my Novaks a while back. I hope I don't have another melt down!!!

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

knucklebuster wrote:Nice collection!

Eau Rouge, I dig the old electronics too. I saw a lot of Checkpoints on ebay the other day. I had no plans on buying them but wanted to watch for the closing price. Wrong, I wasn't watching the auction. Did anyone pick those up?

I met a guy at the track who said he was sponsored by Twister and had boat loads of those motors. If I score some, I'll let you know. PS I'm running that CAM tonight! It burned one of my Novaks a while back. I hope I don't have another melt down!!!

Those Checkpoints were on auction by the same guy who sold me my RPS Yok, and he took them down and sold them as a BIN like he did for my car. He sold all three for $100, which was less than I was willing to buy them for, but oh well...

If you see any more of his stuff and want anything, definitely don't wait. Send him an e-mail and make him an offer, or you won't get anything.

8)

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Thanks for the info. Would you pm (for seller's privacy) or post the ebay id? Thanks again.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Eau Rouge wrote:
knucklebuster wrote:Nice collection!

Those Checkpoints were on auction by the same guy who sold me my RPS Yok, and he took them down and sold them as a BIN like he did for my car. He sold all three for $100, which was less than I was willing to buy them for, but oh well...

If you see any more of his stuff and want anything, definitely don't wait. Send him an e-mail and make him an offer, or you won't get anything.

8)
I got them, and he added some cool decals too. Told me he was a Checkpoint team driver back in the good old days, SWEET

JR
Approved Member

Post by JR »

Got to love the checkpoint motors, but Im more of a new in package kind of guy. Heres one of my Checkpoints.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Ooohhhh, a Platinum 18-turn in the package... VERY NICE!

Probably a $100+ motor on the 'Bay, if not more.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

sorry Doug for the BIN on those 3 darn motors, I had to jump on it! If you want one of them, maybe we could make an exchange... :idea:

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Asso_man! wrote:sorry Doug for the BIN on those 3 darn motors, I had to jump on it! If you want one of them, maybe we could make an exchange... :idea:

No problem. I did the same thing with the RPS Yok, I can understand the frustration. ;) All is fair in love and war. :D

Didn't have my eye on any specific motor--just wanted to add to my Checkpoint collection. Are you looking for anything specific for a trade?

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Eau Rouge wrote:
Asso_man! wrote:sorry Doug for the BIN on those 3 darn motors, I had to jump on it! If you want one of them, maybe we could make an exchange... :idea:

No problem. I did the same thing with the RPS Yok, I can understand the frustration. ;) All is fair in love and war. :D

Didn't have my eye on any specific motor--just wanted to add to my Checkpoint collection. Are you looking for anything specific for a trade?
Yep, you can't win all the time... like Shodog and his Tecnacraft collection... I have been searching for at least one of those motors for ages and am very happy with these, but since they all "look" the same, I would be happy to trade for one I don't have :D

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

wow. I love th eold checkpoints too. I still have my 12 turn plat checkpoint... its a rocket but have not ran it in years.. The brushes are those small types and are impossible to get..