vintage Astro Flight 4005A rapid charger

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

V12
Approved Member

vintage Astro Flight 4005A rapid charger

Post by V12 »

Got a brandnew, never used Astro Flight timer charger model 4005A some time ago. I have not found any pictures or informations for an Astro charger of this type, the oldest I found was a model 4005B what seems being introduced in 1982. But this one looks much newer from it´s appearance than the 4005A. Someone knows this version?

I have found something at an old pricelist of 1980 but it doesn´t say anything of introduction. The manual also doesn´t say anything on year, just mention some facts where I think it is at least 1978.
Attachments
af-1s.jpg

Racer_X

Re: vintage Astro Flight 4005A rapid charger

Post by Racer_X »

As I recall (and this is from memory), the A was the DC version of the charger, the B was the AC/DC version. I actually went to Astro Flight and bought my first real charger from the factory - a 4005A since I couldn't afford a AC/DC charger being 19 and in college at the time. The charge switch was for either 4 cell or 6 cell (or changed the amps from 1 to 3...not sure which). Anyways, since nobody else had anything to say, hoped that this may help.

jwscab

Re: vintage Astro Flight 4005A rapid charger

Post by jwscab »

it's a very popular style quick charger, there were quite a few companies that made essentially the same thing. Not sure if they all came from the same place or if each company made their own. Astro-flight was always a good company.