PRICE DROP! Ano'd Wheels for Scorpion & Scorcher,+ GIVEAWAY!

Moderator: toyranosaur

toyranosaur
Business Member

PRICE DROP! Ano'd Wheels for Scorpion & Scorcher,+ GIVEAWAY!

Post by toyranosaur »

(NOTE- Pic with yellow fender is the 1:1 wheel mine replicate.)

PRICE DROP! I'm always candid with my customers, and after 1st day indicators on these, it seems the price is holding some chaps back. I'm no happy. You're no happy. But my business is making customers Very Happy! And I think I dropped the ball getting overly ambitious with these wheels & the associated costs.

But I make all the rules here, and as it is within my power, I am doing a first for REC: I am indeed DROPPING THE PRICE on a set of these to Only $119.99 a set! This is even LESS than some of my previous wheels! So my loss is your gain Gents, let Happiness resume. Cheers! Chris Cazan REC

Well, I am NOT dead as some may think- I've been working intensely on some SERIOUS Bad-*** wheels. It's been 6 weeks to proto as the time and work to do these is IMMENSE, but well worth it, methinks- I guess you'll tell me? I do what I do for a living natch, but every once in a while I feel something is honestly just that extra special. Whilst I do not use the 'hard sell' in my emails, you really want to consider these wheels while you can- All the other stuff you want will still be there next month! An old Wild Turkey ad once said "There are less expensive Bourbons. There are also smaller cars & thinner steaks." These wheels are for people who subscribe to this mentality.

For a LONG time, I've wanted to do some danm-near impossible wheels for my fave buggies: They replicate some old-school wheels called Techo 'Shadows' that are still highly regarded, even today- Google 'em. And specifically for the venerable Scorcher, as well as my poor Scorpion project as the Kyosho Scorpion & Tomahawk have virtually NO wheel options due to their unique mounting system. (I guarantee the stock wheels are NOT going back on the Scorp!) Yeah, I've done SS wheels before, but NOT LIKE THESE-The design was finally figured out, and when you first look at these, you'll have a hard time figuring out how they are made, with no visible radii on the inside corners. These WILL get noticed.

They have separate hubs and hardware for amazing detail, even though it doubles the machine time, and come in (unusual for REC) your choice of TWO Anodized colors- Gold Mist (similar the 1:1's) and Frost Blue. They use a captured drive pin, a bit shorter than stock so both types include new pins. Oh, and they ALSO come complete with my Classic Hex Nuts, with the REC pressed-in Nylok insert. Well and truly, a solid deal on some Unbelievable wheels- You should see these in the sun! You WILL get 'That Feeling' upon opening these, I guarantee it.

These are truly unlike ANY R/C wheels I've ever seen in 25+ years, and will be instantly recognizable and highly sought after- Buy an extra set to make bank on later. Be advised these are not a 'Bashing/Jumping' wheel: They are for LIGHT running, Shelf Queens, and hardcore builders & collectors only! They are not weak, just not all R/C wheels are designed for abuse just like not all 1:1 car wheels aren't.

--------------------- NOTES ----------------------

I have done my level best to offer these at a price barely above much simpler & un-anodized wheels I've done, by making much less myself because I wanted to DO THESE, so you will NOT be sorry if you order some! (They will sell sell for a LOT more on the forums & Ebay when this single run is done, if you can find any.)

THESE ARE LIMITED TO 125 SETS TOTAL and will NOT be made ever again!

* Scorchers and other SRB's will need to get Four, 9 x 5 x 3mm. front bearings, not included- I could not design around the Giant stock units, alas, the price of beauty. Only a buck each at Avid, http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearings/32/5x9x3-Metal-MR95ZZ-bearings.html

* Both Tamiya & Kyosho wheelsets accept any tyres that fit the stock Scorcher wheels. Other buggies in the SRB series use 'em, but I do not know all of 'em so ya might wanna check online.

* These wheelsdo not accept the Scorcher beadlock insert.

Price per set shipped free 1st Class in USA is $119.99, $12 S&H for Int'l. orders.

ORDERING - PLEASE READ!

There are 2 ways to order (Details below) But The Following Is The Same For BOTH-

* BOTH need be done by the order cutoff date of October 9th ! There is also a cap on these, so sooner is better. Only SINGLE BATCHES are cut to order and after that I have NO inventory, so ACT NOW.

* As the PP links never worked all that well, All payments are now sent in USD directly to my Paypal address, [email protected] (Copy & paste address to avoid misspellings.)

* International orders will be charged a flat $12 -This covers a whole order regardless of how many are shipped- Who loves ya?

Other than that, you have 2 choices to order- You may EITHER-

- Send a deposit of $10 for EACH set ordered, and I will then send you a 'Balance Due' to the SAME Paypal address the deposit came from, just before they're ready to ship! Easy!

-OR, Simply Pay Up Front! Just send the total at $119.99 per set & await your new wheels- Again, Easy! (Int'l. orders add $12 S&H.)

Paypal address & Email is the same, [email protected]

* Make SURE I have AlLL of the following info- Mailing Address, WHICH CAR these are for, as well as COLOR CHOICE. Put an itemized list in the Paypal 'Notes' area, or Email me the specifics- You are not on the cut list until I know what you want, so please make sure you tell me or I'll send whatever I want, like defects or something. Not Really, but he'p me out eh?

* Estimated Ship date: December 5, 2015 (This should be accurate, but depends on
total I must cut. Maybe a bit sooner?

FYI

We are a specialty manufacturer that does NOT maintain an inventory, and most items are never re-done again. Please submit your deposit/payment by midnight the 9th of October (12 days): I'll already be cutting, so if you're not on the cut list, you'll very likely miss out.

Many Thanks,
Chris Cazan
Rogue Element Components
Paypal/Email address: [email protected]
Phone; 719-821-1526

-----------------------------GIVEAWAY!-------------------------------

Much as it pains me, I'm gonna GIVE AWAY a set of someone's choice! Egad! Usual simple rules, just post here by Midnight October 6th: And if chosen, PM or Email me your shipping address WITHIN 7 DAYS. Several chaps have lost their freebie recently just for not checking back in time, and that is sad so post now! Best of luck to all, Chris REC
Attachments
q (Small) (Custom).jpg
z1 (Small) (Custom).jpg
sssc 003 (Small).jpg
sssc 006 (Small).jpg
86cd1e6652ed4f7b95da55c5e1c706ab (Small).jpg

shodog
Approved Member

Re: NEW Ano'd Wheels for Scorpion & Scorcher, Plus GIVEAWAY!

Post by shodog »

Now why did you have the go reaching in my wallet again? Those look sweet. Deposit sent.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I would love to have a few sets of these. Can someone sell me a Sand Scorcher? :lol:

That way I can justify buying these awesome looking wheels! Nice job Chris.

tamiya
Approved Member

Post by tamiya »

Love ya, Chris! :P

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

8) Too Cool! These look amazing!
Jeff

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Nicely done 8)
Would be cool to make some like the 1/1's for on road cars with the deep lip

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Have a look at the pic with yellow fenders. What kind of car is that Chris?

caesar
Approved Member

Post by caesar »

Great work once again.

Cheers
Rob

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Diamond Dave wrote:Have a look at the pic with yellow fenders. What kind of car is that Chris?
Dave, those are mounted on this Datsun S30.
Attachments
howdeepisyourdish-techno-phantom-2.jpg
Jeff

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

OMG!OMG!OMG!.....

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Holy Wow!! That looks great. I was going to guess Porsche or a body mod WV.

Where did you get that pic from Jeff? I would love to drive that thing. :D

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Very unique with a vintage twist - Super cool Chris!

Mark

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

Really nice design!
Remember it's either a runner or a shelfer. Everything else is just parts.

Check out my Gallery for more Collection Pictures http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20697

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Those.are.awesome. Normally, I'd prefer the blue, but something is calling to me with the gold...

toyranosaur
Business Member

Re: PRICE DROP! Ano'd Wheels for Scorpion & Scorcher,+ GIVEA

Post by toyranosaur »

Just dropped the price to only 119.99 a set Mates, Cheers! Chris REC