NEW! SEXY DETAIL PARTS for the RC4WD V8 Engine + GIVEAWAY!!

Moderator: toyranosaur

shodog
Approved Member

Re: NEW! SEXY DETAIL PARTS for the RC4WD V8 Engine + GIVEAWA

Post by shodog »

I still think you should make your own v8 block

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

I think RC4WD did a superb job making the CNC fully aluminum V8 engine, so well detailed, my God, its so good that I feel BAD its not a running engine! With Chris's headers and filter, geez, it looks so GOOOOOOOD! One day they will be very highly sort after, the V8 and Chris's hop up headers and filter. Its hard to find such scale quality parts nowadays, RC4WD are doing a great job with their scale products.

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Agreed! I do thank you for the vote of confidence Shodog, high praise indeed from such a prolific and quality-minded builder!

Since theirs is made in (I assume) China, if I did do a motor it'd be stupid expensive (Pinky to mouth, "a MILLLLLLLLLION Dollars") :lol: IF I did one, it'd be like a 22R Toyota or such-like. Even the non-functional Scorcher flat four has its major drawbacks- I'm not saying I'll do one, since I fibbed the last time :roll: but I am looking at it seriously again. That's more in my wheelhouse I think.

Ron, I agree with you as for the future rarity of such parts, especially mine: The grand total of the V8 kits is nailed at 63 units produced, still have a few unspoken for to address latecomers but still not many in the scheme of things.

I'm a lot smaller operation than most chaps probably think! Chris REC

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

Come on guys oder more! :mrgreen: I am sure all have ordered a set, many have advertised on Facebook and other sites, superb work, once again, Chris(simply giving praise where its diserving, I am sure others agree) :D

I know that CHris will start getting emails like crazy after others have hopped up their rides with the engine and headers and filter setup or some other setup but with the kit, Chris you might wanna make some more for spares and keep em for future sales, know that the die had enthusiast who missed out will sink in depths of dispair when you say that was it.

Small or large, you do quality work, all your parts are custom made and all limited edition, so they will hold and go up in value over the years, international rc nuts have yet to experience your creations!

Like me, I don't own a crawler or a v8 engine, never will, will use the header and filter in custom builds, in line cylinder setups etc or just mounting the filter on the hod, have a sweet Chevy gasser body just for that

Well thanks again Chris, sure to keep an eye out for your next creation, do some prototypes of the vw engine, PLEASE, do the oval type filers, it will be super!

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

You are all too kind and generous! :oops: Thank you for that. I do my level best every product, that's why some things are so late (It is NOT laziness! Much. :wink: )

At this writing, I have 9 un-spoken-for kits, and those will likely be it forever. Re-issues of such involved, multi-piece items are a big risk, generally I get da shaft when I do! The plan at present, after the scale nuts cancellation, is to never re-issue any previous product in the future: It's only paid off twice, the VW dashboards & the Hilux bed kits- All the others made me throw a sadness..... :cry:

All I'm saying about the SS engine is that I'm looking at it, that production would be limited to X amount of units before starting, and there will not be reserved serial #s- The Email would go out & it's luck of the draw. Last time I started it became a nightmare FAST! Glad people were so pumped, but I really kinda fupped duck that whole thing..... :roll:

Don't forget that I need product ideas if'n ya think of something! The V8 kits got done because a chap posted in my forum on Scale 4x4, or I'd never have thought about it on my own.

Cheers Gentlemen, Chris REC

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

I here you Chris, its hard work indeed, especially when your parts are all freaking 1/10 scale, that makes them so small, and yet you have managed to machine such fine details, truly amazing work, and yet your prices are so reasonable, I am glad to be on the receiving end, when you had finished off on the edolbrock filters that I had missed out on, I felt really wanting a few, searched ebay for them, now that I seen them again, I went all out.

I would say its your passion that drives the manufacture of these products, that makes them special, it has that touch of genius in it that no other can supply for sale purpose, that alone makes them collectable.

Take your time, I am happily waiting for my pieces to arrive, just happy I got them ordered! 8)

My request would be the kyosho beetle rear wheels (5 slotted jelly bean type), They are scale like and will look great on so many rides, but Chris needs numbers! So if you feel the same, vote, please!

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

UPDATE: These will ship in 10 days or so, pretty darn close to the estimated ship date. Thanks to all, I appreciate the business! Chris REC

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Shipping Today! :D Chris REC