Blackfoot Bed Kits are BACK! + Giveaway!

Moderator: toyranosaur

toyranosaur
Business Member

Blackfoot Bed Kits are BACK! + Giveaway!

Post by toyranosaur »

With the re-issue of the Tamiya Blackfoot, I have chosen to re-pop these spectacular bed kits! I just scored a couple bods & NO WAY I'm keeping the factory, ah, 'Bed'! They were originally done in 2011, and only a few sold at the time as finding a body was a BIG issue back then- Not so now (Thanks Tamiya!) Always a personal fave, it needed a kit that went beyond just being a drop bed. So, this beastie has it ALL- The kind of detail only previously available to truly experienced modelers. After I built this one for the pics, I must admit I've rarely been so pleased with how a project came out: These are Stunning, plain & simple. These will fit any 'Stepside' BF body.

The original 1:1 truck had a wooden bed, so I got to thinking about a sweet way to do a show OR utility type (Up to you) that was easy for the average Joe to cobble together. The kit has all the pre-cut Styrene, 1/32" Aircraft-grade Pre-Scored Birch plywood, and Nickel-plated pins for the bolt heads, including the factory fender-mount bolts, plus full Instructions and tips. It can be made plainly for an everyday rig, or stained/clearcoated for that 'Show Truck' look! (I stained mine and squirted some gloss Polyurethane for the pics.) A new rear body mount (Not included) is fairly easy to rig up, and is explained in the tips: And slightly more motivated chaps will find it a simple matter to figure out how to hinge their tailgate.

A lot of guys are hesitant to build something like this, and I understand: My kits have gotten fantastic feedback for ease of assembly, and if you have a little patience, yours will come out as nice as mine. I build one up & fix any hassles before they get cut, to assure you of the easiest build possible, so if you think you can't do it, not to worry!

DESCRIPTION

Like our other bed kits, these are .1 (2.5 mm.) solid Styrene, machined just like metal for the kind of precision and detail that CNC is so great for. Thicker than your kit body, these are STIFF units when done so your truck does not turn into a Spaghetti Wagon. (Tailgate piece is 1mm. so the gate isn't too thick.) All ends & edges are square and have mating grooves so the parts go together easily & properly the 1st time!
The fender wells are multi-piece, and you assemble them square & sand/file the curves on: To make this as easy as possible, a Radius Gauge is included to show you your exact profile. This simple piece makes it Super-Easy to do, and is the only thing that will require a little time. All you need is Plastic Welder like Tenax 7R, a file, sandpaper, and MAYBE an end-nipper to flush-cut the pins- no special tricks or previous plastic or wood experience needed! Full instructions & tip sheet are included. (3.99 nippers here-
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-end-nipper-pliers-39531.html )

One parting thought: I get SO many Emails wanting more parts AFTER the run is made, and I usually have to tell them they are not available as I do not stock inventory. I may toss a few on Ebay (Or not, I rarely do) but even if so the point is there are no guarantees unless you order by Halloween! So you might think about future projects, trade goods for later, etc. when deciding if or how many to order.

PRICING
Kits will be $54.99 shipped FREE in US, please add $23.00 for Int'l.: This covers your whole order no matter how many kits. I only charge REAL shipping, even Domestic is $7.00 on these! Body not included, but you knew that eh?

ORDERING CHECKLIST!

This what you need to do to complete an order, simple! I need:

1- Your Mailling Address (Do NOT send your Payment/Deposit as 'Gift', and I should get it from Paypal)

2- Total Number of Kits

You may then pay one of two ways-

3- You may send a $5 deposit to my Paypal account, [email protected] by the cutoff date of Halloween (Oct. 31st.) You will be sent a Balance Due via Paypal when they are ready to ship, around November 15th, to the same Email address used for the deposit.

4- Or simply send the total (with Int'l. shipping if applicable) to the same Paypal address listed above, also by cutoff date of Halloween, and you will ship around Nov. 15- Nov. 20th.

That's it! The Cutoff date is when I will be cutting, so be sure to get on the list of guaranteed customers by then: Ship date is estimated as I never know how many will be ordered.

-Deposit Due/Order Cutoff date: Halloween, 2016

-Estimated Shipping Date: November 15-20th, 2016

Notes

We are a specialty manufacturer that does single runs and does NOT maintain an inventory, and most items are never re-done again. Feel free to Email with any questions or suggestions for future offerings, I value customer input!

Many Thanks,
Chris Cazan
Rogue Element Components
Paypal/Email address: [email protected]

-------------------------GIVEAWAY-------------------------------

You know the drill by now! Just post up here, & you MAY get picked for a FREE Bed kit. No, really! Only ONE rule, if you are the winner you MUST get back to me via PM or Email with your SHIPPING ADDRESS within 7 days- This is all your responsibility. Simple enough eh? Winner picked on the 28th, Best of luck to everyone! Chris REC
Attachments
bfbed 001.jpg
bfbed 012.jpg
bfbed 006.jpg
bfbed 005.jpg

CruzinCustomz
Approved Member

Re: Blackfoot Bed Kits are BACK! + Giveaway!

Post by CruzinCustomz »

Looks great as usual!

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Very cool! Might be time to get one of the ReRes. 8)

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Great detail as usual, very realistic 8)

Doomed
Approved Member

Post by Doomed »

I want to be in this bed!

TRX-1-3
Approved Member

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Handsome.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Meh, nice looking. I don't have a blackfoot, so I don't need one.

WTH, of course I could use one, buy a Blackfoot and away we go!

Nice work Chris, another sweet product.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Dang i need to find a body cause your given me the custom vibe to do up another BF for my modded two BFs.One has the clod conversion,it was barn find.DON

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Well Gents, I am quite sad to announce that the bed kits will have to be cancelled. At this point I have 4 paid units. Four. There is no way the total after 10 days will be an acceptable quantity to do a batch. I had no idea these would do so badly, my worst response yet in fact. I cannot justify the time or materials to do these from a business standpoint, I truly hope you can understand why this decision had to be made: It takes more than you'd ever think to do these kits.

Any time I must bum people out it bothers me on a personal level. My sincere apologies to all! My call is occasionally way off the mark, but this one really surprised me. Chris REC

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Chris, it is a smart business decision. Not your choice, what can you do. Never let it bother you personally, not your fault that the system is in the dumps.

Blame the economy, because that is the real reason. Not everyone can afford what they want, needs are more important than wants.

Either way, we all thank you for the chance at a cool item. There will be more to come.

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that. Every so often this decision must be made, but I really, really hate to do it. I think the Blackfoot is one of the best-looking scale truck bods of all time, but it seems that opinion is not nearly as widespread as thought.

I throw out a boner occasionally, every offering is a gamble to some degree. Thinking of doing my Wraith interior kits, THAT truck is popular at least: Get the price down from the originals & maybe? Chris REC

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Interesting that you bring up the wraith. I just bought one. I got a great deal on one that came with a battery and radio only.

The truck has all the original running gear, but the body got lost along the way. I need to order a new panel kit/body.

I have a few SCX10's, this one is geared very closely to those... no speed demon here. A detailed and scale interior kit with a good body would be great.

Consider one sold to me if you do them.

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

They are a good candidate: The originals have their issues. One, I wanted to git the Yump on something for a change, & bought my Wraith when there were not many in the country yet. So, not many were looking for goodies yet- That, along with a price of $100, well, E-YUCK-O sales. :cry:

Now, they're ubiquitous and no one else has done an interior kit, just chaps trying it on their own. I want to make a couple minor changes, get the price down, & I think they'll do OK- Of course, that's what I think of every item, but never know...

You can Google & see a couple kits installed online. These are pics of mine, if I can get 'em down to around $59....Chris REC
Attachments
wraithwinch 020.jpg
wraithwinch 017.jpg
wraithwinch 014.jpg
wraithwinch 012.jpg
wraithwinch 010.jpg

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Wraith interior - absolutely! I'd be down for a few of those, depending on the cost. One change I'd like to see would be to make that rear plate cover the battery wire hole. IMO, anyone who'd be detailing a Wraith to this extent would have already relocated the electronics. :wink: