Deleted post

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Deleted post

Post by flipwils11 »

Posted a topic in the rc10 buggy forum asking if anyone snagged a 1984 Rc10 with box on eBay. I included the linkto the auction. Post is gone; poof. So I checked here and apparently didn't comprehend the rules when I signed up. Fine, whatever, I disagree in that the post was friendly and just calling attention to a neat car that seemed to attract a lot of bidders. It wasn't self serving in any way.

But given that it was my second post ever here, a good way to encourage me as a new board member would have been a friendly pm explaining why my post was deleted (which I didn't get).

Frustrating. :|

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Deleted post

Post by scr8p »

in 90 days, that ebay link will be dead. and since you linked no PICS of the car, what good is it afterwards? none. that's the whole reason for not starting topics based on ebay auctions. except in the "ebay forum". if you stick around long enough to get access to the bst, you'll have access to the ebay forum, too. do it all you want in there.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

flipwils11 wrote:But given that it was my second post ever here, a good way to encourage me as a new board member would have been a friendly pm explaining why my post was deleted (which I didn't get).
As a new board member a good way to encourage everyone else here to believe that you are going to be a positive board member would have been to NOT make your third post a complaint about a mod deleting a post that was in complete disregard of a forum rule (#7 to be exact). The rule clearly says eBay links "will be deleted by the admins/mods at their discretion without notice or explanation." Yet your 3rd post you're complaining that you didn't get special treatment. :roll:
It's not like there are a lot of rules here to remember.... and the topic is a sticky (always at the top) if you ever want to review them. :idea:

Sorry, but attitude is something I have had enough of today. :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

RTFR!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

and for the record, i didn't delete your post. i moved it into the ebay forum.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

scr8p wrote:and for the record, i didn't delete your post. i moved it into the ebay forum.
Without an explanation... you meanie. :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

scr8p, thanks for the heads up. And you're right about the ebay link being worthless in 90 days. One of my pet peeves is people who post links to craigslist on many of the car message boards I frequent (full scale, not 1/10) because the craigslist ads are worthless after they expire. Your point is well taken. Also for the record, possibly due to my newness here, I can't access the ebay section because after I read the rules when my post was gone, I did go to check and see if it was there.

civilguy, your sarcasm and attitude toward me as a newby on this forum quickly puts you on my "ignore list" for this forum. Congrats on being the first.

I recognize the importance of establishing a rapport when coming to a site like this for the first time, so (I thought) I chose my words carefully when posting my disagreement/complaint here. There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy discussion and disagreement on forums like this, keeping within the rules. Had I posted a message such as "modz, wut iz wit u deletin my post!? U suck!!" then I could completely understand getting slammed and ridiculed (heck, I do it all the time on one of the boards I've been on since 2003 with well over 2k posts to my account).

I assure you I'm not a spammer, troll, or ebay scammer, just a father of a 4 year old looking to get him hooked on RC as I was as a kid. I can't say that adding this to my increasing list of hobbies is going to please my wife greatly (I have a 1980 German car that I'm restoring/tinkering with as well as a 1987 German car that is to be used for high performance track driving), but I hope that I can balance RC and working on the real thing in my garage.

Adam
St Paul, MN

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

flipwils11 wrote:civilguy, your sarcasm and attitude toward me as a newby on this forum quickly puts you on my "ignore list" for this forum. Congrats on being the first.
Thanks! I like being first. You should add RichieRich to that list as he yelled at you to read the forum rules. :roll:
flipwils11 wrote:(heck, I do it all the time on one of the boards I've been on since 2003 with well over 2k posts to my account).
Then you shouldn't be so thin-skinned if you have experienced internet forums.
flipwils11 wrote:There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy discussion and disagreement on forums like this, keeping within the rules.
But what is there to discuss, other than Adam feels that he should get personal messages from the mods as to why they are enforcing the forum rules?

Enjoy your day!
Jeff

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

civilguy wrote:
blah blah blah, multiple quotes of my sincere post, blah blah blah, more worthless attacks, a trademark eyeroll smiley inserted.
civilguy wrote: But what is there to discuss, other than Adam feels that he should get personal messages from the mods as to why they are enforcing the forum rules?

Enjoy your day!
I'm actually not thin-skinned, and would love to tell you what you could do with yourself and your "insight", but I'm trying to tread carefully. Not all boards are as receptive to arguments as others.

I do intend to enjoy my day, no thanks to you. Taking my son to watch some indoor RC racing tonight and his b-day is Sunday so he'll hopefully be excited to receive the RC18T I got for him.

Think about this for a second.... I posted a message in the buggy forums introducing myself, got two responses. You thankfully decided to withhold your sarcasm. Now this fun little interaction. What does this say about this forum and its welcome of new members? Yes, I should have read the rules, mea culpa, jeez. But you continue to push this agenda to show me up as a fool demanding special treatment? What's your agenda? What's your vendetta? On how many occasions have you posted helpful responses to new members rather than attacks? Jeff, why don't you think about that for a bit before you post your next response quoting every bit of this response I'm typing now to insert further jabs, eye pokes, and thickly smeared sarcasm.

I'm done, won't be returning to this thread. Mods apologies for the bad start, but I stand up for myself and won't be put down by internet thugs like civilguy aka Jeff.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Ok... no quotes this time as I can see that you actually are very thin-skinned whether you admit it or not. Otherwise you would have read my posts, realized that maybe you were asking for a favor that you were not owed and maybe jabbed back or at least had a little fun with it. Apparently you aren't the type to laugh at your own mistakes either.

Check my posts if you want... maybe even check out my kids' Frog build from last winter, or my scans from 1985 when I came in 4th at a float plane contest in Maine or the scans of the Duratrax wheel listings. I think there's some other good stuff in the Tamiya section on Hotshots too. I really enjoy it here and have fun-- most people are very knowledgeable, helpful and understanding.

I really don't care what you think of me.... I know who I am, members know who I am (some that have been sent free thing by me, some that have done great trades with me), and some folks here even know me in person. I have given away more r/c stuff to new hobbyists than some folks have ever owned-- and I enjoy helping people get going in this great hobby.

I'm not sure if these posts will count towards your meaningful post total for BST access. :D

You keep on enjoying your day.
Jeff

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Arguing on an internet message board is like running in the special Olympics. Sure you may win but you're stil a retard.

Our rules here compared to other militant RC boards are pretty lax. We're a good group of big kids that give each other a ration of poo every once in a while.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

shodog wrote:Sure you may win but you're stil a retard.
Hey that's not very nice! The PC term is handi-capable. :lol:
Jeff

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

civilguy wrote: Thanks! I like being first. You should add RichieRich to that list as he yelled at you to read the forum rules. :roll:
*sigh* This is all the acknowledgment I get? :( I was hoping for more. :lol: :lol:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

shodog wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again. Arguing on an internet message board is like running in the special Olympics. Sure you may win but you're stil a retard.
Jeez.... you'd hate to be blind or an amputee.........

And as for civilguy.... well, to put it bluntly, I think he was just saying what a few (a lot?) of us were thinking.... if you post something, have it removed, then have a whinge, then get told why (the rules), suck it up and move on. I mean, civilguy may wear panties on the outside, but...... how the heck do I finish that analogy?????

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
shodog wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again. Arguing on an internet message board is like running in the special Olympics. Sure you may win but you're stil a retard.
Jeez.... you'd hate to be blind or an amputee.........
Since we're clarifying things here, let me make something clear: scr8p, I know you know the difference but it seems Alex, like so many others, doesn't know the difference between the Special Olympics and the Paralympics. Since it's still early, I'll use a few Wiki links.

Special Olympics: Special Olympics is an international organization and competition held every two years, alternating between Summer and Winter Games, for people who have intellectual disabilities. There are also local, national and regional competitions in over 150 countries worldwide.

Paralympics: The Paralympic Games are a multi-sport event for athletes with physical and visual deformities. This includes athletes with mobility disabilities, amputations, blindness, and cerebral palsy. The Paralympic Games are held every four years, following the Olympic Games, and are governed by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC). The Paralympic Games are sometimes confused with the Special Olympics World Games, which are only for people with intellectual disabilities.

Although the name was originally coined as a portmanteau combining 'paraplegic' (due to its origins as games for people with spinal injuries) and 'Olympic' the inclusion of other disability groups meant that this was no longer considered appropriate. The present formal explanation for the name is therefore that it derives from the Greek preposition παρά, pará ("beside" or "alongside") and thus refers to a competition held in parallel with the Olympic Games.

I'm a bilateral below knee amputee and I play wheelchair basketball for Canada at the Paralympics. I train 4 days a week and have a game every weekend from October through April and at the end of the regular basketball season, the national team season starts, April through September, more or less. My point is, There's a difference between the 2. Special Olympics athletes don't like it when someone asks them if they play in the Paralympics anymore than I like when someone asks me if I play in the Special Olympics.

Alex, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't make the comment knowing the difference. Lots of people just don't know, not out of ignorance but from simply not having contact with that sort of thing.

That's my CDN .02 :mrgreen: