Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Vale
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by Vale »

I got my ReRe today and just opened the box. I don't know why, but I'm not really fascinated :roll: Maybe because it's new lol

I don't know if it's me but the ball cups look fluorescent :shock: !? Does anyone also had this "surprise"? lol

I will start building it right now :)

One question: box art or other design? Suggestions?

Cheers

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Make it your own :D

I got 3 RC10's and a RC10T build going at once
Morten Max

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Box art, everyone is doing it. It even has the stickers for it. Tamiya Camel yellow, PS19.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

I'm doing a box art, a Roger Curtis and Bell Ray body
Morten Max

Vale
Approved Member

Post by Vale »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Box art, everyone is doing it. It even has the stickers for it. Tamiya Camel yellow, PS19.
Maybe that's the reason why I should not doing a box art lol. But it's okay, it was anyway my first my idea :)
SnoopMaxx wrote:Make it your own :D

I got 3 RC10's and a RC10T build going at once
I was also thinking about buying more than one kit. Would be nice to race such a chassis...but I don't have time for races :-/ I mostly have to work on race weekends :(

I'm actually just focused on vintage projects, sold most of my race material....

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I vote box art. Sure many here are tired of seeing them but to the average Joe nothing beats a box art RC10. It brings back memories of theirs or of a friend who had one.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Vale
Approved Member

Post by Vale »

RC10th wrote:I vote box art. Sure many here are tired of seeing them but to the average Joe nothing beats a box art RC10. It brings back memories of theirs or of a friend who had one.

Yeah it brings back memories...even if yet I was not born :lol: lol

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

How about a box art car but done in shades of black, white and grey, to mimic the look of the original magazine adverts (when printed in b&w). You could even use metallics, ie gunmetal, silver etc. Might be a cool experiment. Maybe even anodise the chassis to match the whole monotone look.
GARBO 1/8

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

kink wrote:How about a box art car but done in shades of black, white and grey, to mimic the look of the original magazine adverts (when printed in b&w). You could even use metallics, ie gunmetal, silver etc. Might be a cool experiment. Maybe even anodise the chassis to match the whole monotone look.
Like 8)

Vale
Approved Member

Post by Vale »

kink wrote:How about a box art car but done in shades of black, white and grey, to mimic the look of the original magazine adverts (when printed in b&w). You could even use metallics, ie gunmetal, silver etc. Might be a cool experiment. Maybe even anodise the chassis to match the whole monotone look.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind :)

I finished the car (but the body) and it looks pretty good. The assembling was cool and without problem :) and for the first time I had NOT to handle on some parts like arms for free swinging suspension!

Would love to run it one on our circuit....maybe I should really buy a second kit ;)

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

How about ONLY back and white paint, using halftone dots?

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Feel free to take the idea. I won't be using it as I have other plans. I'd love to see someone pull it off :)

Funnily enough back in the day I had no idea the RC10 was actually gold! All the UK adverts were in black and white. I still have some of those original ads in a folder actually. It was a surprise when I finally saw a colour photo of the RC10 to see all the wild colours. In a way it looked more serious to me in black and white.
GARBO 1/8

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

I saw something similar in a model car magazine years ago. Somebody made a diorama look like an old-timey black-and-white photograph using different shades of white, gray, and black.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

My 3 favorite colors and a great idea! Different 'depths' if you will but using those 3 colors.

After looking at some of your artwork, I look forward to see what you come up with for an RC10 body. 8)

Bottom Feeder
Approved Member

Post by Bottom Feeder »

Bottom Feeder wrote:Problems with fitting bearings into one of the outdrives is really the only problem I've had, but it's a pretty big one. The bearings still aren't seated correctly since the gear drags on the inside of the case and the clip is not in the groove all the way. I tried the freezer/oven trick with no progress then finally used a cone-shaped dremel sanding bit to open it up a smidge but it still isn't right. How come one outdrive went together flawlessly and the other was not even close? Frustrating!
I traded emails with a tech at Associated and they offered to send me another outdrive if I provided a receipt for the kit. Who keeps those? :) It was certainly nice of them to offer one for free, though. I ended up buying a replacement from Tower which went together like it should have.

I also shimmed the outer bearing on the topshaft to remove the slop and used a mini locknut on the lower case bolt in place of the plain nut for some insurance. This six gear is now working like it was meant to.