RC10 Worlds car..... Setup/Problems

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hayden_Turner

RC10 Worlds car..... Setup/Problems

Post by Hayden_Turner »

I recently got a RC10 worlds car for Christmas and have built the kit which was great car and quality but I am running a 5700KV Castle Creations Sidewinder motor. I ran the car once after building it and it quickly warped the spur gear :cry: I know that I put way to much power into a car like this ,but I thought I could replace what breaks with better and hopefully it will run good still. What suspension parts should I buy for it to be able to run this? The car wil maybe be raced on a Carpet Oval ,but mostly for just going up and down my street :lol: I'm also changing it to 12mm hubs and putting 2 inch wheels and street tires and a 68 Camaro body on it so I do want it to sit lower. What do you suggest I buy to have it be like this and how should the suspension be set up? Also is there any way to make the car wider? As you may can tell this is my first kit car and have never really had to adjust things like this on my other Traxxas cars :lol:

Thanks very much appreciated, Hayden

JK Racing
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Worlds car..... Setup/Problems

Post by JK Racing »

Hayden, spare parts would be front arms, front arm mounts, front C carriers and front steering knuckles. Rear arms and rear hubs carriers as well. Think about maybe a pack of hinge pins, that much power smacking into things will hurt parts your not thinking of.

For lowering, as long as the stock towers fit under the body, you can lower the suspension with shims inside the shocks. More shims, lower the ride height. RC10 is pretty wide now, finding the right width body may already be a problem, making it wider will only make it more complicated. I am assuming you want to keep the wheels under the body to make it look more realistic.

I would suggest getting a spring kit, or reading up about the spring kit, and get stiffer springs for oval/street bashing. In the long run, it will save the chassis from scraping on the ground. If/When you get to the race track, find someone already running in the class you want to race and see if they will help guide you in the right direction for parts are suspension set up. Each track is different and most racers will guide you in the right direction.

Hope this helps, have a ton of fun and be gentle on that throttle finger, that is a hella motor you put in there.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Shiesty2000

Post by Shiesty2000 »

I'm in the process of building my rc10 worlds rere right now and have also purchased the castle 5700. Is it really way too powerful? I don't want to be destroying Spurs every run.

Hayden_Turner

Post by Hayden_Turner »

Thanks very much for the advice! Also what spring kit would y'all suggest

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Shiesty2000 wrote:I'm in the process of building my rc10 worlds rere right now and have also purchased the castle 5700. Is it really way too powerful? I don't want to be destroying Spurs every run.
I run a 7.5 turn Reedy brushless (about 6100kv) in mine with no problems! Set your diff, gear mesh and slipper properly and you will have not issues!

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Most of the newer Castle motors are 4 pole and very strong. A nice sensored set up (Like Rod posted) can be as fast or faster, and much easier to drive. Most times you have transmission problems is when something isnt set up correctly. Take you time to build the diff, break it in (many good videos on You Tube for that), then set your slipper for where you are driving and have fun.

For a spring kit, Associated offers a buggy front/rear kits already that fit the kit shocks. You can start there for ease.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Hayden_Turner

Post by Hayden_Turner »

I decided that I'm going to just put a smaller motor in it and adjust what y'all said and maybe if I want a street car I will just save up to buy a 4wd, shaft driven car and put the Castle in it. :D

Thanks for all the help, Hayden

Farabomb
Approved Member

Post by Farabomb »

I actually ordered the 5700kv and canceled it and went with the 4600kv. I remember back in the day I nuked the diff in my JRX2 with a low turn modified. Ended up pleading with the family to take me to the hobby store while on vacation in order to buy a steel replacement. Turns out my sister's husband at the time who we were visiting was into tether gas planes and model rockets. He ended up taking a few days off work to take me to the store and go out and fly the planes and launch some rockets. Not sure if it pleased my mom that I had more hobbies to spend her money on but I sure enjoyed it. :lol:
When in doubt, throttle out. It may not help the situation but it will end the suspense

RC: Org RC10 ReRe RC10 Worlds RC18T RC18B RC18R SCX10 Wraith MREV T-Maxx Subaru Brat Blackfoot QX180 ProtoX PFV and Nano

Crewchief for AZPInstalls BRZ PTD racecar