RC10 Worlds re-re collection of files for 3d printing

The place to be for printing in 3D.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

nullandvoid

RC10 Worlds re-re collection of files for 3d printing

Post by nullandvoid »

I guess that this would be the most appropriate place to share this infomation.

I just can't leave stuff alone, so I've put my 3d printer to work making parts for the re-re worlds car I recently picked up.

Link to the files if you want them: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2302597

Here's what I've done so far:
1: Battery tray for shorty lipo. This uses the stock holes in the chassis. Use this for batteries that are 96 x 47mm. The fit is snug but not too tight.

2: Spring collars so you can use newer bigbore shock springs on the worlds car shocks. You'll also need Associated part 91310 12 mm Shock Spring Cups kit, which is very cheap.

3: Pin to hex adapters for the rear axles. I made these so I could run the super cheap ($15 a set of 4) 1.9" crawler tires and wheels when I'm bashing around in the back yard. They might work with other hex wheels, I've not tried it.

4: Shelf stand, so you don't get flat tires. This would not make a good work stand, just so you know.

I'll be adding files and updating this as I get struck by the bug to do it.
P5050001.jpg

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Worlds re-re collection of files for 3d printing

Post by NomadRacer »

I'd like to see your whole car with this pin to hex adapters on the rear axles and the 1.9 crawler tires and wheels. Can you mount that tire/wheel combo on the front?

I'm currently building a custom Factory Works/A&L C2 trailing arm RC10 Worlds re-re parts and that sound like it would boost the "wow" factor a bit.
Bum on Direct Deposit

nullandvoid

Post by nullandvoid »

I'll get some pics for you.

I'm going to be working making an adapter hub to use the same tire/wheel on the front as well. I've not started it yet though.

nullandvoid

Post by nullandvoid »

Here is a pic of the car with the 1.9" tires on hex hubs. I've run a few packs on these tires, they are holding up better than I suspected, although the handling is very squidgy.
Attachments
P5110002.jpg

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

Thanks for the pic. What hex's are you using? I've been around (online) at that type of tire/wheel. I wish I had a hobby shop close so I could go in and "touch" some crawler type stuff to use.
Bum on Direct Deposit

nullandvoid

Post by nullandvoid »

Search amazon for "Buggy Rubber Tires + 5 Spoke Wheel Rim", that's what I'm using, with the hex adapter linked in the 1st post . The tires and foams are extremely soft, reviews say the wheels are brittle but I've not killed one yet.
I've not worked out a good solution to run these on the front (other than a hex front axle conversion) but I think it would look pretty good.

I'm working on a esc mount that uses the stock screw holes. I'm using a heavy racerstar 120a esc that continues to peel up the mounting tape whenever I get careless and whack something.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

I found the tires/rims on Amazon, plus another set that looks cool too. I'm guessing that I just click on the "order this printed" to get the hex adapters in your link?

You might want to try this http://www.ebay.com/itm/112154723418?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT double sided foam tape for mounting your ESC. I use it and it's a lot better than the "generic" RC type.
Bum on Direct Deposit

nullandvoid

Post by nullandvoid »

I could make some adapters out for you if you want.

I did knock the 3m uhb tape off. It was a hit hard enough to bend the nose tubes however, and the esc is really heavy with only a small contact area for mounting. Good speed controller, silly design.

After hilariously failing to make hex adapters work for the front wheels, I'm just going to do a hex conversion the normal way

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

If your of mind to help me out with a pair of hex adapters it would be much appreciated. I've looked at aluminum alloy ones at amain but not sure what to get. I hope to get my rear axles for the car this week and have ordered the tires/rims from Amazon.

Well... if your bending front nose tubes, whatever double sided tape your using to mount the esc is kind of hard to get right.

Please keep me posted on your front hex adapter development!
Bum on Direct Deposit

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

I got those buggy wheels & tires from Amazon and dig them! Thank you for turning me on to them.The outside dia. of the tires are a little tall but that's ok. I found some 12mm hex adapters in my stash (stock ones from a TC4) that worked for now. Ideally, they need to be a few mm longer.To compensate for the axle length in the wheel I used the RC10 Worlds re-release rear axle/wheel spacers (#9608). Since I have blue loc nuts I striped the anodizing from the spacers.They are a perfect fit in the wheel recess. I did have to ream out the hole in the wheel slightly for the axle.

Bum on Direct Deposit