26%
DennisM
5%

Total votes: 65

scr8p
Administrator

** Build of the Month Contest - August 2017 ** - Winner - lavigna

Post by scr8p »

Open Contest This Month! Any Manufacturer!

OK, this will be the thread for the August 2017 Build of the Month Contest.

Refresh yourself with the rules before entering - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=35923

Please remember, no chit chat until all of the entries are locked in so they can stay grouped together.

GOOD LUCK!!!

** Place Holders **

If you would like to enter the contest, create a post as a "place holder". DO NOT POST ANY PICS. You have until the 5th of the month to lock in a spot (10 entries max). You will then have 2 days to edit your post and attach the pics of your entry. The poll will be started on the night of the 7th. If you have not submitted your pics by then you will be removed from the contest.

bully
Approved Member

Re: ** Build of the Month Contest - August 2017 ** - Winner - lavigna

Post by bully »

Schumacher cougar club 10 Mk2, modified with some newer cougar stuff,ae turnbuckles an rpm rod ends,home polished ae shocks, A+L wing mounts,traxxas tyres etc.. Not having a slipper an on a budget I set it up for vintage stock silver can racing with a shorty setup using ae batt cups.. Running gear is a futaba fp148?, an a yokomo tekin m star esc.. Thanks :mrgreen:
Attachments
WP_20170801_038.jpg
WP_20170801_049.jpg

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

RC10GT .
Attachments
IMG_20170803_135023.jpg
IMG_20170803_135116.jpg

TomEG
Approved Member

Post by TomEG »

Kyosho/Atsuhiro Ohno WC'87 spec Torpedo Optima

It is now, to the day, 30 years since the 1/10th Off-road World Championships in Romsey, UK. We all know that Masami Hirosaka won the 4WD class with his Schumacher CAT XLS (back then just called the CAT XL). A little bit down the table we find Japanese driver Atsuhiro Ohno, who drove in to 78th place with what is seen as the last real racing incarnation of the pre mid-motor Kyosho Optima, the "Torpedo Optima". The car got its name from how the batteries were mounted, down along the sides, and was Team Kyoshos preferred setup in the last year of racing with the original Optima. Atsuhiro san made several modifications himself, like the home designed/made carbon top plate, and aluminum rear shock tower. The now famous Yokomo designer, Yasunobu Hosada, designed and made the carbon front side plates for him, and the carbon front shock tower was fitted by Team Kyosho from a modified Optima Mid prototype tower. Kyosho/Auto Model chief designer, Akira Kogawa, provided the car with prototype ball differentials and belt drive, also from the prototype Mid. At the front, the whole bumper support brace has been removed and the aluminum front under plate has been cut accordingly. The body is an Air Supply "Ranco One", designed by Proto/Tadashi Kurihara, who also designed the Marui line of cars, as well as many of the early Kyosho cars and the body for Kyosho/Kogawas Scorpion based Beetle. The body was copied by both Mugen and Panda, and used on their Manx and Cyclone cars. This use was unauthorized by Proto/Kurihara. The body was painted by the legendary Japanese RC-car painter, Yoshiaki Shimotori.

My car is a "replica" of this buggy, and with a little help from my friends, I made copies of all the special parts, based on pictures I have of the original car. It should be pretty accurate, as I also got help from Atsuhiro san, who patiently answered all questions I had. I drew all the special parts myself, including the aluminum and carbon/fiber glass parts, as well as every single decal, apart from the Kyosho decal. The front tower and torpedo mounts were cut for me by Jeff Malar/Factory Works, the rear tower by Derrick Durbin and the top plate and front side plates by Fibre-Lyte in England. Like on the original, the bumper is hand made from kydex. Furthermore the car is fully race spec'd like the original, with ball diffs, belt drive, rear sway bar and universals on all wheels. It has the Kyosho Option House gold shocks and motor guard, and wheels/tires from the Turbo Optima. The original had 32/48 pitch prototype Kyosho spur and counter gears, but I have mounted full 48 pitch gears from Robinson Racing. A lot of the original parts have been counter sunk, like on the original. The body and wing was painted by Raul Garcia/Garcia Graphix from pictures of the original car, and I had the home drawn decals printed by MCI Racing in Canada. The Ultima/Javelin wing is mounted with Kyoshos optional Optima wing mount kit. Of the electronics, only the home made torpedo batteries, the modified Air Supply Trix motor and the Sanwa Contest HC steering servo have been mounted, but I also have the right transmitter, receiver, as well as a distant relative to the ESC that was used. I still need to re-wire the ESC before I can mount it. The ESC I got for free from our dear friend, Daniel Rowlands (RIP), only a couple of months before he passed.

You can find more details in my build thread, as well as lots of pictures of Atsuhiro Ohnos original car:

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

01.jpg
02.jpg

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

General Lee build on a TL-01 chassis.

Build thread: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=34261
Attachments
IMG_20170625_185117426_2_Resized.jpg
IMG_20170625_185218335_General_Resized.jpg
Jeff

EOL
Approved Member

Post by EOL »

My Top Force

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

This is my Works 92 built to race at the IconicRC revival, running TCS, works 91 towers, YZ4 wing mounts and x33 YZ4 shocks.

Jimbo
Approved Member

Post by Jimbo »

Daniel Rowlands Trinity Cat XLS Replica Tribute Car

Built from a NIB re re Cat XLS with love and passion as its hop ups.

Dan had entered a XLS into the Revival 2017 and I along with Kevin Bishop and John, the race organiser wanted to make sure a Cat was entered and run in his name. With only 7 days to go before the event my NIB kit arrived and I wanted to make sure this was the best build I could do for my friend. The car ran flawlessly for the 5 of Dan's friends who raced the car in the heats, including Robin Schumacher and finished 7th in the A Final.

Standard re re Cat XLS. Added NIP u823 slipper clutch with bosscat slipper layshaft and bosscat sports diff only to keep the car reliable. The chrome wheels were taken off one of my original XLS as the re re ones were not available. The transponder was one of Dan's that he swapped with me for some parts a couple of years ago :(

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

Composite Craft Pro RC10T - All new parts. CC chassis, towers, battery brace, and steering. RPM for the arms, bulkhead, carriers, spindles, ball cups, shock collars and bottoms, gear cover, body mounts. Tecnacraft links. Losi RC10T/LXT rear wheels and AE skinny fronts, both dyed black. RED rubber F&R. All aluminum black hardware. Custom cut rear motor plate and brace. MIP Lite Drives. MIP aluminum CVDs. Many more custom details. Andy's Custom body painted with a box art inspired theme. I have vintage black Tekin electronics for it, but the chassis is just too pretty to cover up IMHO. *I tried taking better pictured today, but they are still not great.

This has been my dream truck for many years, and I was finally able to find the pieces to build it.

Build Thread - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41945
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture5.JPG

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Lazer ZX-R
Attachments
2017-08-06 19.44.30.jpg
2017-08-06 19.44.18.jpg
Gone fishing

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Got our 10. Feel free to get your pics added.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

scr8p wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am Got our 10. Feel free to get your pics added.
Peakey wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:23 amI'll have a go
Might take JP a day or so to get his pics up.... he got married yesterday, and may not be in any condition to post pics on the internet this morning....
SomeoneElse.jpg
SomeoneElse.jpg (69.69 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
SomeoneElse.jpg
SomeoneElse.jpg (69.69 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
Congrats, mate!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Why can I not upload pictures here? On Clodtalk, I can upload all day long and here its limiting the size. :?:

Message I receive...

"The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."
Jeff

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:35 pm
scr8p wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am Got our 10. Feel free to get your pics added.
Peakey wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:23 amI'll have a go
Might take JP a day or so to get his pics up.... he got married yesterday, and may not be in any condition to post pics on the internet this morning....
SomeoneElse.jpg

Congrats, mate!

Alex
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks mate

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

I'll wait until the end of the day for the last 2 guys to upload their pics. If it doesn't happen, we'll go with 8.

Return to “RC10Talk Build of the Month Contest”