Iraq XX Kinwald

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bearrickster
Approved Member

Iraq XX Kinwald

Post by bearrickster »

Well my son in law is home for 2 weeks on leave from Iraq, it still has all of the Iraq dirt on it. it seems they have a RC Track on their bace over their. he brought me back a used up xxcr kinwald. but it will be fun to fix her up. seems all of the blue parts are here except the motor plate go figure. it even still has the double sided slipper. the trans is fried from a Castle 5600 his mom sent him. it would have been fine if he would have checked out the trans first, but it had been in the closet for almost 8 years not run, I guess it needed greased. :? it has a nice set of Lunsford shock mounts and turnbuckles and shinny dogbones, the blue parts are in good shape. so if you have a blue motor plate you will part with let me know!!
Attachments
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0003.JPG
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

RedScampi
Approved Member

Re: Iraq XX Kinwald

Post by RedScampi »

Cool Rick! That will be a runner you can beat on with no fear of hurting something. I don't have an extra blue plate but I might have other spares if you need anything.
By the way, I have mine all torn down and 99 percent cleaned. It's in the queue for reassembly right after the RC10 Graphite is done unless I get distracted...
Gary

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

How cool is that - having an R/C track out in Iraq!

Looks like you'll be able to fix up this old XX into a great runner - are you going to pass it back to your son in law?

By the way are you sure its from a 'Kinwald' kit - it has alot of the parts, graphite chassis & titanium etc - but alot of people fitted these to their standard CRs, it just that along with the black motor plate it also has an original XX/CR front shock mount (the Kinwald one was narrower) It also has the lightweight Losi driveshafts as opposed to the MIP CVDs that came on the KW. The blue trans & front suspension braces although were part of the Trinity Kinwald range - I don't believe these came with the kit?

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

DerbyDan wrote:How cool is that - having an R/C track out in Iraq!

Looks like you'll be able to fix up this old XX into a great runner - are you going to pass it back to your son in law?

By the way are you sure its from a 'Kinwald' kit - it has alot of the parts, graphite chassis & titanium etc - but alot of people fitted these to their standard CRs, it just that along with the black motor plate it also has an original XX/CR front shock mount (the Kinwald one was narrower) It also has the lightweight Losi driveshafts as opposed to the MIP CVDs that came on the KW. The blue trans & front suspension braces although were part of the Trinity Kinwald range - I don't believe these came with the kit?
Good point DerbyDan. The K.E. also came with blue springs all the way around. Not something you would likely change out on this car. Wheels were the solid style with the lexan dish. Every locknut on the car was blue as well. Most of the blue aluminum parts are Trinity aftermarket. Rick this would likely be a CR. Still a good start, no doubt.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

well it has the factory king pin front carriers. and the motor plate is a purple centeing one. its had a HARD life. they said the guy it came from said he changed a lot of parts to hop up ones as per the local hobby shop suggested. it was my son in laws- brother in law who we got the car from. I dont really care it going to get a real good clean up, and a fresh XX Xcelerator body with a Kinwald paint job.

and if he wants its back he can have it, but he was pretty happy with the new Losi Desert Truck I gave him to take back in place of it. I think that will hold up a little better to his abuce :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

[quote="Brandon G Good point DerbyDan. The K.E. also came with blue springs all the way around. Not something you would likely change out on this car. Wheels were the solid style with the lexan dish. Every locknut on the car was blue as well. Most of the blue aluminum parts are Trinity aftermarket. Rick this would likely be a CR. Still a good start, no doubt.[/quote]

you all have good points. It may be just a CR but it has a cool story behind it. it has B3 wheels on the back and xx on the front. I have been collecting Trinity Blue parts for it so it will be very blue soon. even a blue rear susp. mount.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

It'd be hard to distinguish if they were blue, but Kinwalds also came with blue colored Pink rate rear springs. True blues rear springs are pretty stiff and pinks are pretty soft.. I'd have to look up the actual rates.. Of course your rear springs are true pink.

Just realized that Brandon mentioned the blue springs all around, but they were special pink rate blue colored spring as i said.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

yea I don't care if its real or not. I am looking into getting a new motor plate I have done in trinity blue and I have a lot of nip trinity blue parts to make a nice car out of it. the shocks are really smooth and it has gold shafts, not much gold left but you can see they were. it has sand in every orifice.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Just get her together and run the snot out of it. Eventually the sand will fall out. :D

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Brandon G wrote:Just get her together and run the snot out of it. Eventually the sand will fall out. :D
its completly taken apart right now soaking. it is a Kinwald according to the original owner. he is looking for all of the missing parts, and paperwork. I dought I will be running it I am going to rebuild it and put on a shelf with my XXX bk1 and BK2. all will have box art bodies.

just a note I need a XX Kinwald Box if anybody has one to part with.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

I just sold a Kinwald motor plate and a graphite chassis that was in good condition, if only I had of seen this beforehand. Sorry! :roll:

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

jamin wrote:I just sold a Kinwald motor plate and a graphite chassis that was in good condition, if only I had of seen this beforehand. Sorry! :roll:
its cool the chassis is ok, I was just going to rebuild it to like new to go with the new BK1 and BK2 I have. I have the factory blue motor plate, and a new light weight one I had anodised blue to match. all that was wrong with it was my son in law melted the center out of the diff, with a 7700 Mamba Max. I wanted a shelf queen but I may just put it back together and make a runner out of it? how cool would it be to run a real Kinwald at the Vonats? I think I have everything but new blue nuts to put it back stock.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

Man that is so awesome. I remember when I was over there, I had my family send some cars, for my buddies and I to unwind. Its nuts but it sure helped a lot - gets your mind off things and lets you concentrate on something else. That is so cool though.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

yea I gave him my New Desert truck for the kinwald. so he could bash it for his last strech. but another guy in his unit, bought won of those cheep LIPOs and charged it incorectly, burned down his room to the ground. so they banded them for the last month they were their he said it made for some long days. sucks all got punished for the village iddiot.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I got the rc bug when i was in IRAQ and Kuwait in 90 an 91.LoL like runnin on the beach but the cars dont sink in sand like at the beach since its crystalized clay and sand mixed in their deserts.DON