duratrax evader

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

urpaldan
Approved Member

duratrax evader

Post by urpaldan »

hey guys. anybody noticed the extreme similarities between the duratrax cars and the losi xx/xxt? it looks like some of the parts could be interchangeable. i wonder if any one has any experience of this? spares are readily available and you can get some pretty cool anodised bits and pieces. any info would be greatly appreciated.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Re: duratrax evader

Post by CamplinP »

Yup. Losi sold their old designs to duratrax. My son had an evader and I bought an old losi chassis for $1 on clearance and it fit exactly. I am not sure about all the parts though. The car was not that great.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

the gearboxes are different, a buddy of mine had one. he got a bearing kit but the bearigns wouldn't fit the gearbox, some odd spacing in there or something like that.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

kaiser wrote:the gearboxes are different, a buddy of mine had one. he got a bearing kit but the bearigns wouldn't fit the gearbox, some odd spacing in there or something like that.
That makes sense. Even with a stock motor the Evader trans was always in need of something. I have never had the two side by side but I know they used old Losi designs (loosely).
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

2 local racers use to race the evader truck at Birdsboro and they got around the concrete oval pretty good. they were similar to the losi conterparts except for metric hardware, bearings and hinge pins. the transmissions were different and internal gears were not interchangeable and they were very noisy it was either poor alignment or the cheaper plastic. they used cheaper plastic for all components the graphite pro versions were the better ones to get.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard Duratrax "Invader", I'd be able to buy some nice hop-ups.

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Post by billetproofcustoms »

IMO ,

the Evader ST and the Evader ST Pro are/can be great trucks...I have loved every one of them I have owned and or built. Here is my favorite Evader build I did recently.

Worst thing Duratrax ever did was drop this line of trucks, the EXT, and now the DT.(?) are not my cup or tea. Still sort of the same truck, but cheezier... :roll:

sgirouard
Approved Member

Post by sgirouard »

billetproofcustoms wrote:IMO ,

the Evader ST and the Evader ST Pro are/can be great trucks...I have loved every one of them I have owned and or built. Here is my favorite Evader build I did recently.

Worst thing Duratrax ever did was drop this line of trucks, the EXT, and now the DT.(?) are not my cup or tea. Still sort of the same truck, but cheezier... :roll:

Yeah, When duratrax released their ST and BX, they were actually very good. Then they came out with the EXT and EXB (same design just cheaper material) and really took a hit.. I had and Evader BX pro, and that was a very capable buggy.

They weren't clones of the XX but they had the same basic design.

mamadoesntletme
Approved Member

Post by mamadoesntletme »

the pro versions were very cool,I wish I had one..