Project XX

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

oldrc
Approved Member

Re: Project XX

Post by oldrc »

In regards to the Associated B5 slipper I'll need a spur gear or two to go with it, what size would you people recommend, stick to the 84t original size or something a little bigger?
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

S1mma
Approved Member

Post by S1mma »

Why don't you use the losi dual disc slipper? I think it can handle brushless with no problem, parts plentiful also...

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

yup can use the dual disc, but if you are looking for a newer slipper, the dual disc was used ont he xxx also. but the 22 slipper plates say, xxx/22 slipper plates, so that would mean then the 22 should work for the xx also. then you can use current slipper plates, and pads. or want ot go all out, the Schelle or Avid 22 slipper kits and spurs shoudl work also.

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

I use the 22 slipper with hex pads and works fantastic with 4800kv on 2s
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:
RC10Eh wrote:Show they guys the the painted shell you got , its killer :wink:
et voila!
Just noticed this....err.....elsewhere :shock: Selling up already?? :(
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

As stated earlier, just selling what I don't need. I'm keeping the Kinwald with nearly enough spares to make a spare car. I don't really need 3 xx's with spares to nearly build a 4th. I would rather see it go to someone who will actually use it.

I have decided that I'll be running Nimh and brushed motor in my Kinwald, the other stuff is just to new to be running in a vintage buggy IMO.

Therefore I need a really good ESC and some of the very best Nimh packs. Any opinions on a Novak GTX / LRP Quantum Competition 3?

Best Nimh packs = 5000mah?
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Just had a card through the door to say that on my $27 Sabula order there is a customs charge of £5 ($8) and a Royal Mail 'handling charge' of £8 ($13). They can go take a jump so looking for a new front bulhead from UK, anyone know where to get one? Red or black.

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:Just had a card through the door to say that on my $27 Sabula order there is a customs charge of £5 ($8) and a Royal Mail 'handling charge' of £8 ($13). They can go take a jump so looking for a new front bulhead from UK, anyone know where to get one? Red or black.
Yes, 'they' are a bunch of thieving f^*k-R'z..... :evil: .....which is why I make sure that I stay within the £15 limit when importing goods from the USA, but not including the shipping costs. I have saved myself an absolute fortune by doing so and the worst bit about for you is that you're only just slightly over the £15 ($24) maximum...

A new XX front bulkhead from the UK.....? Could be tricky... :(

Maybe someone State-side can help out?

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

It is annoying, I thought it was (actually I was informed by customs) that the maximum was £35 without charge, guess they were wrong. The actual charge isn't so bad, it's the £8 Royal Fail want for 'handling' it. I might pop in and tell them I didn't ask them to handle it on my behalf and in fact should have contacted me first before taking it on, as I would not have been prepared to pay them that amount to do so, see what they say.

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:It is annoying, I thought it was (actually I was informed by customs) that the maximum was £35 without charge, guess they were wrong. The actual charge isn't so bad, it's the £8 Royal Fail want for 'handling' it. I might pop in and tell them I didn't ask them to handle it on my behalf and in fact should have contacted me first before taking it on, as I would not have been prepared to pay them that amount to do so, see what they say.
As far as I am aware, a one-sided contract has no validity. So unless both parties are in agreement to the 'contract' beforehand, which it doesn't sounds like you did, then I don't see that they can enforce something that you did not agree to or sign up for. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Alternatively, maybe you could explain to them that you didn't ask them to handle the package on your behalf and as a result of the unexpected charges, would they be kind enough to return the item to the sender so that you can claim a refund. It will be interesting to see how they respond...

Maybe Dan will refund you the cost of the bulkhead as and when...but hopefully not 'if'....it is eventually returned to sender?

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Edit: Change of plans all is not lost! Will have to use an old one, although it has some wear it will have to do :)

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Ok front bulkhead with new shock tower attached:

Steering assembly back in place:

Some of the graphite writing had rubbed off the braces so I decided to take it all off with nail varnish remover:

New rod ends:

Front end complete:

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

I need to adjust the turnbuckles to the correct length, can someone give me the exact lengths in mm please? I only have a .pdf maual so can't offer them up to measure them.

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:I need to adjust the turnbuckles to the correct length, can someone give me the exact lengths in mm please? I only have a .pdf maual so can't offer them up to measure them.
I usually fit tyre-less wheels and adjust the turn-buckles by eye as the lengths in the manual are, in my opinion, just a starting point for you to make your own adjustments. However, if you want to start with the standard kit lengths, they are as follows:

Front camber link = 72mm
Front steering link = 77mm
Centre drag link = 47.5mm
Servo link = 37.5mm
Rear camber link = 69mm

:D

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Brilliant thanks, just what I needed :)