Project XX

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

oldrc
Approved Member

Re: Project XX

Post by oldrc »

jamin wrote:Is that the stock Kinwald motor plate? The colour match with the trinity items looks very good, yet I know that the stock colour should be a darker blue..

Looking very good though :-)
Think it is yep, maybe the camera makes it look a different shade.
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

jamin wrote:
oldrc wrote:Heh that's two of us then. I see a blue label and a yellow label, which one goes with which for you? My blue label = white as white, yellow label = creamy natural.
I think they made a running change so the early ones are natural (and easily dye able) but the later ones are pure white...
I see, right then the hunt goes on and I'm sure I'll have some competition from S1mma :)

I have to have pure white to go with my planned finishing colours.
I am not affiliated with oldrc.com, I'm just old when it comes to my RC history :D

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Have run in to a problem with the rear arms. With the carrier in the outside hole the shafts are too short. With the carriers on the inside hole the arms scrape on the inside of the wheels. I'll have to find some longer shafts (xxx?) or cut the ends of the arms off, or find some kind of spacer/adapter for the wheels.

What do you guys think?

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

oldrc wrote:Have run in to a problem with the rear arms. With the carrier in the outside hole the shafts are too short. With the carriers on the inside hole the arms scrape on the inside of the wheels. I'll have to find some longer shafts (xxx?) or cut the ends of the arms off, or find some kind of spacer/adapter for the wheels.

What do you guys think?
This is one option...

http://sabulatech.com/storefront/product.php?id_product=171

...and another....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOSI-A-9802-CR-SUSPENSION-ARM-REAR-FITS-XXCR-/271194630600?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2475a9c8
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

S1mma
Approved Member

Post by S1mma »

oldrc wrote:
jamin wrote:
oldrc wrote:Heh that's two of us then. I see a blue label and a yellow label, which one goes with which for you? My blue label = white as white, yellow label = creamy natural.
I think they made a running change so the early ones are natural (and easily dye able) but the later ones are pure white...
I see, right then the hunt goes on and I'm sure I'll have some competition from S1mma :)

I have to have pure white to go with my planned finishing colours.
Hehe, let's make losi not war!

I'm easy to have a set of the cream natural, don't mind having a go at dyeing, never tried it to be honest.

Oh - I'm sure I have some slightly longer cvds, I'm not home today but can check for you later in the week if it helps????

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

LosiXXkid wrote:
oldrc wrote:Have run in to a problem with the rear arms. With the carrier in the outside hole the shafts are too short. With the carriers on the inside hole the arms scrape on the inside of the wheels. I'll have to find some longer shafts (xxx?) or cut the ends of the arms off, or find some kind of spacer/adapter for the wheels.

What do you guys think?
This is one option...

http://sabulatech.com/storefront/product.php?id_product=171

...and another....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOSI-A-9802-CR-SUSPENSION-ARM-REAR-FITS-XXCR-/271194630600?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2475a9c8
Knickers, I just ordered with Sabula too, damn why couldn't I have come across the problem last week :(

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

S1mma wrote: Hehe, let's make losi not war!
I see what you did there :)
I'm easy to have a set of the cream natural, don't mind having a go at dyeing, never tried it to be honest.

Oh - I'm sure I have some slightly longer cvds, I'm not home today but can check for you later in the week if it helps????
Perhaps yes, although it must be said mine were NIP very recently by all accounts so I that would probably be the last resort, but yes maybe, thanks.

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

What do you guys think?
The XXX shafts are the same length as the XX ones, to make the VLA arms fit you will need to remove the outside hole on the wishbone, or fit a XXX inner pivot as they are narrower.

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

The rear hub carries do look good. Will have ot see if the shop still has a pair or 2 int he 75% off bin.

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

jamin wrote:

What do you guys think?
The XXX shafts are the same length as the XX ones, to make the VLA arms fit you will need to remove the outside hole on the wishbone, or fit a XXX inner pivot as they are narrower.
I see, so what was the advatange of the narrower pivot / longer arms on the xxx? I think I'll just end up cutting the bits off I suppose.

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

alien3t wrote:The rear hub carries do look good. Will have ot see if the shop still has a pair or 2 int he 75% off bin.
They do look good and were really cheap too, grab some if you can. Perhaps the seller could post some to the states for you if you have no luck in your local hobby shop.

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

LosiXXkid wrote: ...but they didn't update the header card which still says NATURAL!

PS. That Losi parts lot didn't last long on eBay....I wonder what happened to it??? :wink:
Erm, yes, lets just say it went to a good home close by 8)

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

jamin wrote:
LosiXXkid wrote: ...but they didn't update the header card which still says NATURAL!

PS. That Losi parts lot didn't last long on eBay....I wonder what happened to it??? :wink:
Is that you with 'shades on' trying to look inconspicuous??? :lol:
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

oldrc
Approved Member

Post by oldrc »

Fibrelyte front tower arrived btw, pics tomorrow :)

S1mma
Approved Member

Post by S1mma »

jamin wrote:

Very close by 8) :lol: