Help with JrxT parts

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Krameraxeman

Help with JrxT parts

Post by Krameraxeman »

I recently got my JrxT back up and running after sitting in a box for the last 27 years. Still running my Novak T4, Trinity Monster Horsepower World Champion stock motor, and circa 1985 charger. I ended up buying some new Racer's Edge 1800 ma NiCad's, Futaba S3004 servo, and a Futaba 3PRKA transmitter. The old 2 stick 75mhz radio setup wasn't cutting it.....too much interference.

Anyhow, I just broke one of my front camber tie rods and was hoping somebody might be able to help me source some new ones. Also, my rear shocks are in sad shape. I have the 5-link rear suspension setup. The shock collars are being held in place with zip ties and one of the rear shock cups is held together by Gorilla glue. Was hoping someone could help me find new shock collars and rear shock cups that fit the 5-link setup. I wouldn't be opposed to converting away from the 5 link setup so that I could run modern shocks that don't break or leak.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

-Tim

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Re: Help with JrxT parts

Post by LosiXXkid »

Krameraxeman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 pm I recently got my JrxT back up and running after sitting in a box for the last 27 years. Still running my Novak T4, Trinity Monster Horsepower World Champion stock motor, and circa 1985 charger. I ended up buying some new Racer's Edge 1800 ma NiCad's, Futaba S3004 servo, and a Futaba 3PRKA transmitter. The old 2 stick 75mhz radio setup wasn't cutting it.....too much interference.

Anyhow, I just broke one of my front camber tie rods and was hoping somebody might be able to help me source some new ones. Also, my rear shocks are in sad shape. I have the 5-link rear suspension setup. The shock collars are being held in place with zip ties and one of the rear shock cups is held together by Gorilla glue. Was hoping someone could help me find new shock collars and rear shock cups that fit the 5-link setup. I wouldn't be opposed to converting away from the 5 link setup so that I could run modern shocks that don't break or leak.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

-Tim
eBay usually has what you're looking for.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-A5023-Shock-Spring-Clamps-Cups-/262625275894?hash=item3d25afaff6:g:-moAAOSw2gxYtIrl
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

Also don't forget to check out www.oldrc.com. Lots of vintage Losi parts there. The camber links are standard 4-40 turnbuckles and can be replaced with anything similar if you can't/don't want to find the actual Losi parts. Also, the shocks are rebuildable. Find a set of the A-5015 cartridges and your shocks will be good as new, assuming that the shafts are in good shape. Also, new spring collars are easily found online. Part A-5023 will get you what you need or you can usually find used shocks/parts/part lots on eBay. You can also swap to different shocks with the 5-link. You'd just need to swap the lower shock mount to your new shocks. If you want to swap to the rear H-arm setup, it is very simple. You'll just need a set of the H-arms and hinge pins/spacers or the H-arm conversion kit. I have a few Jrx-Ts, a couple with the 5 link. They are a blast. Welcome to the forum!
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

sixdub
Approved Member

Post by sixdub »

Kyosho, JRX-2, Gold Tub Fan

Krameraxeman

Post by Krameraxeman »

Thanks guys! I found sabula and ordered up some tie rods, 3D printed 5-link spring cups, and a new gear cover! Didn't think to check ebay in the UK. Those clamps linked are exactly what I need! Really appreciate the info!