Re: - YR-4 Special with Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant-Kremer body -

Post by Asso_man! » Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am

Lonestar wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm
Asso_man! wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 pm
shodog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 am
That looks great so far. It will be interesting to see how your chassis turns out. I too fell in love with the body and bought a 30th anniversary kit but it’s so beautifully packaged in the box I couldn’t motivate myself to build it.
Thanks Jim! The beautiful package is also something that convinced me to build something from scratch, I would never have been brave enough to tear it open.
I thought I was the only one! I've had a NiB one for a few years too... and never got the courage to undo that sublime package :lol:
I can’t believe you’re alone on this Paul and would even dare to say that a vast majority of the 30th anniversary kits has remained untouched since they were bought by collectors. There is indeed a very limited number of built kits available on the web. Most people bought the kit and stored it to resell at a premium later...

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar » Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 am

Asso_man! wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am
Lonestar wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm
Asso_man! wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 pm
shodog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 am
That looks great so far. It will be interesting to see how your chassis turns out. I too fell in love with the body and bought a 30th anniversary kit but it’s so beautifully packaged in the box I couldn’t motivate myself to build it.
Thanks Jim! The beautiful package is also something that convinced me to build something from scratch, I would never have been brave enough to tear it open.
I thought I was the only one! I've had a NiB one for a few years too... and never got the courage to undo that sublime package :lol:
I can’t believe you’re alone on this Paul and would even dare to say that a vast majority of the 30th anniversary kits has remained untouched since they were bought by collectors. There is indeed a very limited number of built kits available on the web. Most people bought the kit and stored it to resell at a premium later...
The thing is, you buy it because you want it, it's gorgeous and you get the historical significance. Then when time comes to start thinking about building it, a small voice in your head starts saying "you know that amazing packaging which you are now gazing at in awe - the moment you crack that first plastic bag open, it's all over... no more fancy packaging unity, no more WOW effect when you open the lid"... and then, when you'v overcome the first little voice, there's a second one that starts saying "the moment you crack that first plastic bag open, it's lost 50% of the (hefty) price you paid"... so you're like, fudge it, let's put it back in the box, I have plenty of other (late project) cars to work on anyway :mrgreen:

but yes, you're probably right... this is one of the ultimate modern collectors' items...
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".

Asso_man!

Post by Asso_man! » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am

Back to the project: the 12mm hex adaptors work wonders and offer the right wheelbase and stance front and rear. I’m unfortunately missing two smaller spacers. Shims have been ordered. I couldn’t resist installing the spare alloy c-hubs I had laying around.
Attachments
165819B7-5213-4B10-BB02-6F688D5EF831.jpeg
545CF5AD-590E-4139-B890-C241AE43A6A9.jpeg

Return to “Yokomo Forum”