870C Dogfighter score :)

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderator: klavy69

dinglem
Approved Member

Re: 870C Dogfighter score :)

Post by dinglem » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi mate, all of the items mentioned in that original Works '91 thread were my own cars and parts from BITD. All of the stuff in this thread I picked up from a fellow racer relatively recently. His 870c does (did) look a lot like mine as we competed together at my local club.

Why do you ask?

TimboM

Post by TimboM » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Ah, sorry, that's me making everything confusing by copying the wrong link. I meant that in this post about your first 870C: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=41353&p=466296&hilit=870C#p466296

you mention potentially scoring another 870C from a mate/rival, and I wondered if that was the one that became is shown in this thread. (Basically, I'm spending too much time stalking the forum!)
One of my old racing mates and i should also add, rivals, from bitd also had an 870c at the same time, and I have tracked him down this past weekend. He still has his car and has agreed to let me have it(!) so if i am going to do a box-fresh resto i will most likely be doing it on his car. I can't recall how modified his car was though - will report back once i have seen it, as well as updating this thread once the resto of my own car gets underway.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Yeah, that was the score I was on about. It took me a fair while to sort it, but I got my old CAT xls back, the Yoke 870c ( which is fantastic!), a Pb Maxima, Associated RC10L and an original Sand Scorcher. Along with that lot came a heap of spares (including an as new 870c chassis), tyres, motors, ESC's and servo's. All high-end stuff - I got very very lucky :)