Kyosho Superten FW04 - Rebuild

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderator: GoMachV

lavigna
Approved Member

Kyosho Superten FW04 - Rebuild

Post by lavigna » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 am

This is a Kyosho FW 04 Superten w/ an OS FS 4 cycle engine. It's owned by my brother in law. It has been sitting for a very long time, and he finally gave it to me to do a rebuild. I don't know much about the Superten series, but I have been doing a lot of research over the last couple of weeks. This example, although very dirty and grimy, has a lot of nice upgrades, and seems in very nice condition underneath the dirt. I have never owned/operated a RC 4 cycle engine. I am excited to hear it run.

I have always thought the Superten was a great looking car. I love the staggered wheels & tires. The most obvious thing this car needs is new rubber. Please let me know if you have tires available.

Here are pictures showing the condition I received it. The tear down has begun. Can anyone tell me what chassis this car has. In all the searching I have done online, I have not seen another example like it. Any help and suggestions are welcome. I have a lot more questions on the car, but will bring those up as I get to them in the rebuild.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG
Capture6.JPG
Capture7.JPG
Capture8.JPG

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Superten FW04 - Rebuild

Post by EvolutionRevolution » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 am

Isn't the chassis the optional Kyosho hardened aluminium chassis? Should have "Kyosho" on it somewhere... Otherwise, various manufacturers made similar chassis, gold ano means it could be made by Cross (who made a lot of option parts for this and other Kyosho cars).

Hard bits for this chassis are the wheels and tires. The tires are shared with other Kyosho "big" 1/10 cars, but the wheels are unique to the FW-04 and very, very hard to find for a decent price these days.

Another problem are suitable bodies. Those for the FW-03 are too wide; the FW-04 uses 220 mm wide bodies.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 am

Nice!

even nicer is the 4 stroker! I've always wanted one to run myself and wished I had acted when nitro was the in thing. Can't say I've ever seen one on a touring car though...keep updates coming please :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

NomadRacer

Post by NomadRacer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:48 am

Very cool! That would be a rebuild I'd love to do.
Bum on Direct Deposit

Return to “Kyosho Forum”