Kyosho Outrage MKII Buggy

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

demonic_crow

Re: Kyosho Outrage MKII Buggy

Post by demonic_crow »

ok thanks for your help. I will have to check my LHS tomorrow and see what they have. I'm hoping to get some red turnbuckles. I really like your blue look and notice alot of stuff in blue lol. Though be awesome for me to have a black and red theme, I can't wait :D.

Also about my shocks. If I can't get them exactly the same size I have now, what effect would it have if they were slightly bigger.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I've seen Kyosho Option House turnbuckles that were red on eBay some time ago, almost considered buying them, but I don't have a project requiring red. :)

If your shocks are a bit too long, it'll push your control arms down, giving you more clearance--but also increase the angle of your dogbones/CVD's. This won't matter for the front in your case, but it sure does on a 4WD Optima. ;)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

You can run some items from the tower hobbies st15 for spares - if you want, and have trouble with anything. Its good for the rear suspension rear mount, front bulkhead, hubcarriers, arms, dogbones, axles...I'll stop there. Look it up on tower or ebay. If the part looks similar, it'll probably fit. Oh, and the aluminum shock towers form the st15 would be a good upgrade if you cannot find any ultima or ultima pro ones...those rubbery plastic outrage ones suck. My Ultima Pro started out as a cheap and dirty outrage when I acquired it too :mrgreen: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=18054

demonic_crow

Post by demonic_crow »

I'm a bit confuse. It say there two 39mm and two 49mm. Now isn't it just four 39mm with two of them just extended to 49mm. Kinda looked like to me but wasn't sure. I need 45mm and 50mm and wondering if it would work. Don't know much about turnbuckles to know if the measurement they give is the smallest or biggest and what are the smallest and biggest you can achieve.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPNL2&P=ML

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Turnbuckles are typically measured from end-to-end, without ball ends or cups. You can use ball ends or cups of varying lengths to give you more or less length. One thing you need to confirm with any turnbuckles you buy is that they're 3mm threads on the ends. I'm not sure what those Traxxas ones are--but probably they're 3mm, unless someone else here can confirm. This should get you started...

Kyosho UM112H 4.8mm ball cup set; 3mm threaded, 3 different lengths.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kyosho-4-8mm-Ball-Ends-KYOUM112H-/360339984411?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e5efd01b

3Racing 4.8mm ball studs (10mm long, I just grind down to the length I need, or you can also buy 6mm long sets):
http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-Racing-4-8MM-Ball-Stud-L-10-10-pcs-Red-/150470707736?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2308c0ca18

3Racing 4.8mm balls
http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-Racing-4-8MM-Hex-Ball-Stud-L-5-10-pcs-Red-/160459298182?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255c1e9586
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

demonic_crow

Post by demonic_crow »

Well I was out today and decided to stop by hobby town. I ask about the turnbuckle in the links and he didnt know wht I was talking about. The guy at the register was dumb to and asking what car I need it for and I told him what part I needed. Then he looked it up online and told the guy that work with the parts that the price was right what I said, lmao. I needed to know if they had it and they finally found it. They couldn't tell me if it had 3mm thread or anything. All they know is whats written on the packet. So I will have to try putting it on tonight. Do I need anything else other then what on that link. Want to know so I can run out to buy it quickly for tonight, thanks.

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/parts/aluminum-turnbuckle-camber-link-set-red-4pc

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

demonic_crow wrote:Do I need anything else other then what on that link. Want to know so I can run out to buy it quickly for tonight, thanks.
You will need to decide how the turnbuckles will be mounted. The ones in your link are meant to be screwed right through holes in the captured balls in each end. Will you be able to screw them onto our arms in that way, or does your car instead of ball studs that need ball ends or cups? It might be a good idea to buy a set of ball studs and matching-size ball ends or cups so you'll have multiple mounting options.

biggpappa85

Post by biggpappa85 »

Image an older gentelman gave this to me the other day not sure its even been ran i charged the battery and it works still has the plastic film on the body.
Attachments
7EB1D8C5-AA62-4F09-B72C-61579B0849F6.png

biggpappa85

Post by biggpappa85 »

Attachments
35E3FD44-3BA0-41EE-9D55-93B11F475A1B.png

biggpappa85

Post by biggpappa85 »

Attachments
C011E42E-104A-4512-9319-BE304A917F57.png

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That must be the stickersheet for the color-blind. :shock:

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Coelacanth wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 pm That must be the stickersheet for the color-blind. :shock:
Outrageous! :P

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

Those rear tires are pretty!